www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 14-06-22, 15:34   #1
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Default Next Generation Content Fix?

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Could you provide me a link for a Next Generation Content fix? There was a fix some years before, that actually prevented the crash to desktop during the Kazakhstan level.. but right now the link for its download is dead.
Also, I face another problem (even with that afforementioned fix). When I finish a level, if I continue with the next one immediately, I don't have any problem.But, if I return to the main menu and then try to play the new level, the game will crash to desktop during the outfit-difficulty select screen. Any suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance

Last edited by JohnCroft25; 14-06-22 at 16:03.
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-22, 02:41   #2
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Could this possibly help you? A fix from 2014 for the kazakhstan next gen crash.

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/f...end-crash-fix/

Also, I read on twitter some time ago that the newer GOG release of Legend has some various bug fixes compared to the older releases but, cant guarantee it tbh - have only read a mention or two.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-22, 20:23   #3
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Unfortunately this fix is for the Steam version (I have a physical disc of the game). But, either way, thank you very much for your help
Old 16-06-22, 01:11   #4
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Have you tried it regardless? I just downloaded it myself out of curiosity and its simply a replacement of trl.exe - which all versions of the game run from. May be worth backing up your current trl.exe and giving this one a try
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:39   #5
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Yeah, and that's how I found out it's about the Steam version...because when I tried to open the new trl.exe it said "no steam found" or something like this
Old 16-06-22, 10:20   #6
UroshUchiha
Explorer

A quick glance at steamdb files for TRL, I don't see any steam related .dll files.
Which means that the Steam DRM is only present in the trl.exe

Google search for "Steamless by atom0s", and you'll find a github project of a tool that removes Steam DRM from an executable.

Just download it, open it, load the "fixed" trl.exe into it and Unpack File.

You'll get "trl.exe.unpacked.exe", rename it back to trl.exe (backup the original one if you wish), and try with the new modified exe with the Steam DRM removed.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 16-06-22 at 10:21.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 18:55   #7
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Thank you very much for your help Steamless did, indeed, allow me to use the trl.exe with my physical disc version...but unfortunately, this file didn't fix either the bug in Kazakhstan or the crash at the outfit/difficulty screen
Old 16-06-22, 19:03   #8
UroshUchiha
Explorer

I personally have never played Next Gen version of TRL, so a few more shots in the dark from me.

I would assume that your physical disc is unpatched? The standard v1.0?
Or is it some re-release that brings the game to v1.2?

If it's v1.0, you can find patches for the DVD version of the game on Stella's site here.

Patch the game and then use the Steamless version of the exe.

There is another modified exe on PCGamingWiki that fixes "random crashes" as it says. This one is specifically for the retail version of the game (unpatched?). https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/f...end-crash-fix/
Old 16-06-22, 20:37   #9
JohnCroft25
Inactive

It is a part of a triple pack called "Tomb Raider Collection" that includes Legend, Anniversary & Underworld, in their final versions (Legend is V.1.2., Anniversary is V.1.0. and Underworld is V.1.1.)
The exe on PCGamingWiki did fix the Kazakhstan bug. But still the crash to desktop at the beginning of each level (if I had returned to main menu before) still happens
Old 16-06-22, 21:29   #10
UroshUchiha
Explorer

That's all the help I could provide.
The only other alternative that comes to mind is to setup the Xbox 360 emulator called Xenia and play TRL like that. Considering Next Gen on PC is a butchered port from Xbox 360 (Missing effects, bugs, misaligned objects etc), you would probably be better off playing that version of the game.

I just went through Bolivia to test it out and it works surprisingly well actually.