Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 12-05-23, 18:17   #131
HarleyCroft

She wore a burka twice that game.. for sand/sun protection and a disguise
Plus there was that teenage flashback outfit which appeared to be army fatigues sized for an 8-year-old
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-23, 20:10   #132
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
She wore a burka twice that game.. for sand/sun protection and a disguise
but you don't get to play with them
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-23, 20:14   #133
HarleyCroft

Yeah that's true lol. We never got to play with the original red teashades either
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-23, 10:56   #134
Princess Pixel
Inactive

I just finished replaying this game, and holy moly, it's the bomb dot com! 😍💣 I mean, this game is like the best thing since sliced bread, LOL! 🍞😂

The Last Revelation takes Lara on a super epic adventure, and I was glued to my screen the whole time. The graphics may not be like the latest games, but who cares when you're having this much fun, right? 😁💃

The level design is totally rad, with these awesome ancient Egyptian vibes that make you feel like you're exploring real tombs. 🐍🌴 And the puzzles, OMG! They're challenging and mind-boggling, but when you solve 'em, it's like you're a total genius! 🧩🤓

And let's not forget about the kickass soundtrack! 🎶 It totally sets the mood and makes you feel like a total badass, ready to take on anything! 🔥💪

I gotta be honest, peeps. I'm not really feeling the new Tomb Raider games. They're all about the fancy graphics and stuff, but they kinda lost that old-school charm that made Tomb Raider IV so special. 🤷*♀️😕

So, if you haven't played Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation yet, you're missing out, fam! Get your hands on this game ASAP and relive the Lara Croft magic! 😎✨ Trust me, you won't regret it! 😉👌
Princess Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-23, 13:47   #135
fallenangle

All very true - they just don't make epic action/adventures like this any more and that includes TR. TR4 is the last truly great TR game.

The old ones are simply timeless entertainment - they have already proven that and I'm confident we'll still be playing TR1 - TR5 an incredible 30+ years after they were released.

As long as they can be adapted to the new hardware they could go on forever.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-23, 03:35   #136
deadmando9

Oh, they did do that. Tomb Raider remasters 1-3.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-24, 13:59   #137
fallenangle

Just finished another play-through of TR4.

Largely done no scratch but I couldn't be bothered to try again in the notorious auto-machine gun, scarab and various locust areas.

Try as I did in the PC version I use (original disc/no disc install) the locusts do not stop spawning if you save and reload but you can save your way through as they're delayed on each reload.

Scarabs - that just doesn't help, particularly annoying in the locked in room Cleopatra's Places task.

Also did not stint on weapons. I normally just use pistols but that requires time so I used what I felt like. Never used the Flash Grenades before but found them very useful in the later pyramid ares which made doing it no scratch much easier.

Used Super Grenades more too. Particularly useful in the final pyramid areas where you have to slide down a pole through a blade trap as in the Lost Library. I am normally plagued by the bats there but if you trigger them first y jumping on the pole, backflip off, then shoot some Super Grenades down the hole (angle need to be right so they don't explode early) the bats are dealt with very easily.

Good fun although that Cairo auto-machine gun, the scarab room already mentioned and the one in Semerket I just can't do no scratch. That still annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited by fallenangle; 12-03-24 at 14:01.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote