www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 25-07-21, 03:08   #25491
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
I can't watch Love Island, each time I've seen snippets of it from Gogglebox, my brain begins to ache. I can't believe people still have the bandwidth to watch this tripe. In fact I think a lot of reality dating shows are cringe, but First Dates is sort of the only exception.
Some good news RE Manifest it might be getting a 4th season after all.

In the aftermath of Manifest's cancellation last month Manifest rose to number 1 on Nielsen's streaming charts within the following month, due to the first 2 seasons being made available on Netflix both NBC and Netflix entered discussions to continue the series.

I hope that the discussions to continue the series are successful especially as the decision to cancel Manifest was IMO wrong.

Going back to Emergence for a minute the network NBC were seemingly determined to make sure that the show would fail by showing as few episodes as possible so that it would suffer from low ratings and give them an excuse to cancel Emergence.

Maybe what the NBC bigwigs in their opinion didn't like about Emergence was that the lead character was a single mom who was good at her job and treated those who worked for her with respect and was friendly towards them and had a good relationship with her ex-husband who both put their daughter first.

Presumably the NBC bigwigs in their opinion didn't like the fact that there wasn't enough conflict between the main characters like there is in every soap opera these days and in their so called wisdom cancelled Emergence because they thought that no-one would watch it because Emergence avoided the usual soap opera tropes.

Emergence avoiding the soap opera tropes is why I liked it, it was refreshing for once to watch a TV show where the characters didn't have one affair after another or shouting matches about who gets the children.

We need more TV shows like Emergence and less TV shows like Coronation Street and it's recent lame attempt at comedy with the nude calendar storyline, I don't watch Coronation Street anymore I stopped watching it after everyone's favourite serial killer Richard Hillman failed to kill that dried-up prune Gail, I only know about the silly nude calendar storyline because I saw it in a newspaper earlier in the week, Coronation Street needs some better writers they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the nude calendar storyline, one day they'll plunge through the bottom of the barrel.

I wasn't aware until a few minutes ago that NBC pulled the plug on Manifest like they did with Emergence, Manifest was sold to NBC with a six season plan mapped out.

The full story is too long to type here, look under cancellation in the link below.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_(TV_series)

Hopefully things will work out for Manifest and if it doesn't get a 4th season then maybe a movie to wrap up the story as mentioned in the link above.

The TV show Timeless which was cancelled after it's 1st season and then uncancelled 3 days later before being cancelled again at some point during the 2nd season got a 2 hour movie to wrap up the story.

I wish that Dark Matter, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe had gotten movies to tie up their storylines after all 3 shows were cancelled.

If you are interested in Emergence see below
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence_(TV_series)

Obviously beware of spoilers for both Manifest and Emergence

Forgot to add that stupid calendar storyline is clearly inspired by Love Island as are probably all the stories on Coronation Street so that the writers don't have to do too much work into coming up with a storyline.

Also if you are interested in Emergence check out the shows Facebook page for videos of the characters, videos of the actors and behind the scenes videos, there's nothing too spoilery there.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 25-07-21 at 10:55.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-21, 18:54   #25492
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

I'm happy because I can finally watch Digimon again as I've realised that it's available on Dailymotion. This is an occasion where I think that YouTube could learn something from Dailymotion.
Old 25-07-21, 19:08   #25493
DionysiasSoada
Hobbyist

Had the entire week off actually, but now sad that I'm going back to work tomorrow haha.

I now know for a fact that public accounting is NOT for me personally; I'm actually planning on leaving after this upcoming tax busy season. Having a good work-life balance is pretty hard and the overtime can be especially rough during busy seasons. Even if I wasn't working overtime that day, I'd still feel anxious for all the deadlines and assignments awaiting me, preventing me from just chilling and enjoying my free time. The people were nice and the firm itself is fine, but public accounting as a field is not one I'd want to ever re-enter. I firmly believe in working to live, not living to work.

For now though, just gotta keep my head up and get through these next few months.
Old 25-07-21, 19:55   #25494
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysiasSoada View Post
Had the entire week off actually, but now sad that I'm going back to work tomorrow haha.

I now know for a fact that public accounting is NOT for me personally; I'm actually planning on leaving after this upcoming tax busy season. Having a good work-life balance is pretty hard and the overtime can be especially rough during busy seasons. Even if I wasn't working overtime that day, I'd still feel anxious for all the deadlines and assignments awaiting me, preventing me from just chilling and enjoying my free time. The people were nice and the firm itself is fine, but public accounting as a field is not one I'd want to ever re-enter. I firmly believe in working to live, not living to work.

For now though, just gotta keep my head up and get through these next few months.
I know exactly how you feel. I'm a Senior Accountant myself and I have a love-hate relationship with my job. I work in the private sector though and haven't worked much in public accounting aside from a six month internship. I don't think I ever want to work in public accounting based on all the horror stories I've heard. My buddy also works in public accounting and the hours he works during year end and tax season is insane. His busiest season is December- April 15 when tax returns are due. My current position is not as demanding, but I am definitely more busy YE due to preparing financial statements for the audit.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-21, 22:46   #25495
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Feeling ok, though I may have gotten myself permanently banned from reddit.
Old 25-07-21, 22:54   #25496
lance6439
Legend

how do you get permabanned from reddit? cant you just make a new acc? seems really hard to moderate
Old 25-07-21, 23:24   #25497
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
how do you get permabanned from reddit? cant you just make a new acc? seems really hard to moderate
I haven't been banned yet, but after skull dragging a blue lives matter idiot with some very colorful language, I wouldn't be surprised if I get banned sometime today. Mods on reddit are really fragile about the rules sometimes.

Edit

Lmao someone gave me a silver comment award. Maybe I won't get banned after all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...y_the/h6igs4f/

Last edited by charmedangelin; 25-07-21 at 23:28.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-21, 01:57   #25498
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Feeling ok, though I may have gotten myself permanently banned from reddit.
I've never used Reddit. Am I missing out?
Old 26-07-21, 02:20   #25499
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
I've never used Reddit. Am I missing out?
Reddit is... reddit. It can be a place of engaging discussion or a cesspool of socialization. It really depends on what kind of subreddits you frequent more than anything.

If you mostly stick to smaller subreddits or ones that don't have toxic communities, it's fine really. And sometimes you'll come across some good threads. On the other hand, you have others like the Tomb Raider sub, which is so predominately geared toward the newer games that any discussion of the classics either gets largely ignored at best or extremely toxic.

It can be a really good way to communicate with like-minded people, but if you go for it it's always a good idea to check up on a sub's general history before you commit to posting.

Last edited by Jathom95; 26-07-21 at 02:21.
Jathom95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-21, 02:56   #25500
wmcintosh
Inactive

Social nonsense has ever made sense to me. Blah...

Other than that, feel alright.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote