www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 17-11-19, 18:47   #15201
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
After the great flop of Charlie's Angels in Box-office... Tomb Raider looks like a great female franchise success (just under Hunger Games and Wonder Woman, not bad.)
Yeah I was totally wrong about Eliz Banks and now I'm worried about GK's new producer who is doing the TR sequel as she shepherded Charlies Angels.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 19:07   #15202
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Yeah I was totally wrong about Eliz Banks and now I'm worried about GK's new producer who is doing the TR sequel as she shepherded Charlies Angels.
Well, we have Ben and Amy ... a marriage that is a work team. We had never had something like that in TR (we always had mercenary writers and directors without personality). I don't see Ben doing something like Charlie Angels
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 21:55   #15203
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
After the great flop of Charlie's Angels in Box-office... Tomb Raider looks like a great female franchise success (just under Hunger Games and Wonder Woman, not bad.)
Charlie's Angels was probably off putting because it seemed like it was trying too hard to show girl power.

Hopefully TR 2 will focus moreso on showing off the adventure itself, which is usually what people care more about.
Old 18-11-19, 01:51   #15204
SoraSakai
Professor

Charlie’s Angels just... looked like a massive flop though.
Old 18-11-19, 06:41   #15205
Ellioft
Professor

How to blow up your carrer for the dummies...

Apparently Ariana isn't appealing anymore to the young demographic to save a movie.

I wonder how many they used for the marketing campain...

To be fair I think the license Charlie's Angels wasn't a good choice to bring to a new generation.

The second movie was... terrible and I dont think it was a major sucess at the box office at the time.

One interesting thing to notice about the beggining of the promo Alicia does for TR2 is every time she talk about Amy as a great writter and Ben as an amazing director. For the first movie sure she said some couple of nice things about Roar but nothing more (and nothing about the writing).

Here it seems they play the card to have a different movie than the first.

Also they worked together for two years so it helps a lot to be more confortable with the peoples you have to work with.
Old 18-11-19, 09:48   #15206
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Roar was simply a guy who accepted a job ... and he did what he could. Roar was assigned an already written script and he simply had to do what he could with it.

Instead, Ben and Amy are having a totally different process. Amy writes and Ben (her husband) has been able to read what she wrote (as we saw on her Instagram), thinking ideas, making her own idea. They have been working together for years. They know how to work together. If they first announced Amy and then Ben, I think it was because Ben was waiting for them to give OK to Amy's script.

I see Alicia very confident and she always emphasizes "what Ben could do in a high-budget movie" I think Ben will have freedom and that he will give us a different film than what we have seen so far (whether good or bad). I also think that the dialogues of the movie will be the best we have ever had (in a TR movie)

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 18-11-19 at 09:50.
Old 18-11-19, 10:16   #15207
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Roar was simply a guy who accepted a job ... and he did what he could. Roar was assigned an already written script and he simply had to do what he could with it.

Instead, Ben and Amy are having a totally different process. Amy writes and Ben (her husband) has been able to read what she wrote (as we saw on her Instagram), thinking ideas, making her own idea. They have been working together for years. They know how to work together. If they first announced Amy and then Ben, I think it was because Ben was waiting for them to give OK to Amy's script.

I see Alicia very confident and she always emphasizes "what Ben could do in a high-budget movie" I think Ben will have freedom and that he will give us a different film than what we have seen so far (whether good or bad). I also think that the dialogues of the movie will be the best we have ever had (in a TR movie)
I think what will also be highly beneficial to the film is having a BRITISH director and writer. People who know what it is to be British and live in the UK. This is something that has completely been lost by the American/Canadian developers of the game.
Old 18-11-19, 11:51   #15208
Child Of Ocean
Hobbyist

It sucks that Charlie's Angels is flopping this hard. It may decreases MGM & GK films' faith in the sequel of Tomb Raider and cut down its budget. I hope the sequel will get a budget of at least $60M.
And I can't believe Kristen Stewart gets paid $7 million that easily. It doesn't even seem like she had done any training for a role that relies heavily on physical strength and she can't deliver anything with her performance.
Does anyone know how much did Alicia get paid for the first film? With all the efforts she has been dedicating to Tomb Raider, I hope she'll get paid at least $5M for the sequel. She could've just hopped on the superhero bandwagon and gotten herself a role in superhero movies, which is a much easier way for actors to breakout nowadays, Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie get paid $10M for reprising their roles as Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn. But Alicia stayed for Lara. For that I really thank her.
BTW, it was reported that Warner and DC is going to introduce Hawkgirl into their DCEU and many DC fans are suggesting Alicia for this role. I hope she can get it. She's such a fantastic action actor and her talents deserve to be seen by more people.

Last edited by Child Of Ocean; 18-11-19 at 12:08.
Child Of Ocean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 12:08   #15209
SoraSakai
Professor

I feel like we should rename this thread to, “Reading too much into everything”.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 18-11-19 at 12:15.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 12:15   #15210
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Of Ocean View Post
It sucks that Charlie's Angels is flopping this hard. It may decreases MGM & GK films' faith in the sequel of Tomb Raider and cut down its budget. I hope the sequel will get a budget of at least $60M.
And I can't believe Kristen Stewart gets paid $7 million that easily. It doesn't even seem like she had done any training for a role that relies heavily on physical strength and she can't deliver anything with her performance.
Does anyone know how much did Alicia get paid for the first film? With all the efforts she has been dedicating to Tomb Raider, I hope she'll get paid at least $5M for the sequel. She could've just hopped on the superhero bandwagon and gotten herself a role in superhero movies, which is a much easier way for actors to breakout nowadays, Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie get paid $10M for reprising their roles as Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn. But Alicia stayed for Lara. For that I really thank her.
BTW, it was reported that Warner and DC is going to introduce Hawkgirl into their DCEU and many DC fans are suggesting Alicia for this role. I hope she can get it. She's such a fantastic action actor and her talents deserve to be seen by more people.
I'm not sure but I read somewhere that Alicia won 7M. I don't want her to play another hero ... not until she ends up with Lara.