Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 22-12-21, 06:52   #1
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Default Embracer Group to acquire Tomb Raider comic book publisher Dark Horse

Quote:
Embracer Group AB, owners of Borderlands creator Gearbox Software, will acquire Dark Horse Media, publishers of the Tomb Raider comic book series starring Lara Croft, the company has announced. Due to commercial reasons the specific transaction terms are not disclosed. The transaction will be accretive to adjusted earnings per share.

"I can't express the excitement I feel as Dark Horse moves into this new chapter in our history. The synergies that exist with the Embracer network of companies promises exciting new opportunities not only for Dark Horse, but also for the creators and companies we work with. I've had a number of compelling conversations with Embracer CEO Lars Wingefors and I'm very impressed with him and what he and his team have built. I have to say, the future for our company has never looked brighter," says Mike Richardson, founder and CEO of Dark Horse.

Embracer Group AB is a Swedish video game holding company based in Karlstad. Through the acquisition of Dark Horse Media, Embracer will "strengthen its transmedia capabilities by adding expertise in content development, comics publishing, and film & TV production. Dark Horse owns or controls more than 300 intellectual properties, many of which can build a strong foundation for the future development of transmedia IPs and the opportunity to cross-fertilise IP and strengthen licensing partnerships across PC, console, VR and mobile."

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4395.html
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-21, 11:55   #2
R41D3R

Interesting. Here's hoping for print runs of the Tomb Raider Archives.
R41D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 17:18   #3
jajay119

Dark horse seeem to be losing a lot of their legacy licened ips in recent years. Wonder why.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 13:36   #4
SamCactus101

This is actually a really nice looking cover.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-22, 15:18   #5
dg1995

Dark Horse published lots of awesome Expanded Universe Star Wars stories. Sad to see them getting acquired by Embracer.

Last edited by dg1995; 21-03-22 at 15:35.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-22, 07:58   #6
killchan

As a Buffy and former manga fan, I have very fond memories of Dark Horse.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 09:05   #7
LateRaider
Inactive

they didnt just acquire the comics, they bought crystal dynamics and every last one of square enix's damn western IP's.

https://embracer.com/release/embrace...-other-assets/
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 21:49   #8
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
they didnt just acquire the comics, they bought crystal dynamics and every last one of square enix's damn western IP's.

https://embracer.com/release/embrace...-other-assets/
They own everything Tomb Raider now. Maybe they will rerelease the comics in digital forum or something. I want them top cow comics sold again.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-22, 05:12   #9
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
They own everything Tomb Raider now. Maybe they will rerelease the comics in digital forum or something. I want them top cow comics sold again.
I want new top cow comics made. Those were amazing. It's crazy what a completely different experience it is reading the original comics compared to these. It's like night and day. With these I don't even feel like I'm reading comics but browsing through someone's crappy art page. The Top Cow comics felt like I was filling soul with important TR lore that I would forever remember. The characters, places, and events were real to me.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote