www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Engine

Old 18-09-22, 12:27   #241
DaviDM
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsy View Post
TEN 1.0.2 and TE 1.6 has been released: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...18#post8375218

this update is a huge game changer (IMO) as It introduces node editor!. this is basically a new trigger system where you drag lines and connect nodes to create an event. This is similar to blueprints in UE5.

tips about node editor:
- if you hover on the icons (combobox, colour etc) then a text appears of what the condition/action node does
- you can right click on the empty space to create a new node from selected function.
- right click on existing once to change function.
- you can export the node script and insert it to the lua file to see what is doing behind the scenes and understand the written lua better.
This is great! is it possible to make an OnControlPhase volume trigger?
DaviDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-22, 12:34   #242
Lwmte
Archaeologist

You can just make an event sequence which wont be attached to any volume, then export node graph and paste it into OnControlPhase or any subfunction to call it from OnControlPhase.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-22, 12:51   #243
DaviDM
Hobbyist

Thank you very much, simple! is it possible to have custom action nodes by writing lua code in NodeCatalogs files?
DaviDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-22, 12:58   #244
Kubsy
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviDM View Post
Thank you very much, simple! is it possible to have custom action nodes by writing lua code in NodeCatalogs files?
Absolutely! Anyone can write their own nodes for easiness in appropriate lua files.

here's the guide
https://github.com/MontyTRC89/Tomb-E...logs/Readme.md

Last edited by Kubsy; 18-09-22 at 13:02.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-22, 15:56   #245
l.m.
Historian

How can I use my controller?
I have a noname ps4 controller and use DS4Windows to emulate this as a Xbox360 Controller, but after Start TEN I cant change the controller assignment?
Old 23-09-22, 14:50   #246
turneraider
Explorer

I don't think the controller settings work for TEN yet, but inside of DS4 you can create your own TRLE profiles to use and assign your buttons!

Works perfectly
Old 23-09-22, 15:46   #247
l.m.
Historian

Thanks... Can you explain how I create a trle Profile in ds4windows and TEN recognize it?

EDIT:
Found it.
I can choose the assign keys for any controller key.. so I assign per example the X for the ALT key...
this works - thanks!!

Last edited by l.m.; 23-09-22 at 21:44.
l.m. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-22, 22:56   #248
l.m.
Historian

how can we add some custom animations like ledge jump's, stumble Anim and so on?
What I mean is equal from TRNG like this:

; LEDGE_JUMPS
Animation= 475, KEY1_JUMP, IGNORE , FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 21, IGNORE, -96 ;ledge jump up
Animation= 477, KEY1_DOWN, IGNORE , FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 1, IGNORE, -96 ;ledge jump backwards
MultEnvCondition= 1 ,ENV_DISTANCE_CEILING, $800, IGNORE, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 21, IGNORE ;ledge jump backwards

; Stumble Anim (After Landing press arrow up)
Animation= 460, KEY1_UP, IGNORE, FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS_TEMP, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 6, IGNORE, -24
MultEnvCondition= 6, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 1, IGNORE, ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT, IGNORE, IGNORE

Is this possible? Or this functionality will be added in the future?
Old 24-09-22, 08:17   #249
Joey79100
Professor

Stuff like this will have to be done in Lua.

In theory the approach is different, but quite easy: you just need to check if Lara is in the hanging animation, the player is pressing the Jump key, and you trigger the ledge jump animation.
However I don't think we have yet the necessary conditions to check environmental conditions like the ones in these TRNG commands you posted. You'd need to check the API documentation to check if the necessary functions are there.

Also the last one never really needed to be scripted, it can just be put as a State change in the landing animation (both in TRNG and TEN). You could definitely already script it in TEN too if you want though, since there are no environmental checks.

Last edited by Joey79100; 24-09-22 at 08:19.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 15:10   #250
l.m.
Historian

Thanks! I will try that.
But - where to put this Lua function?
Into that main script gameflow.lua?
In the Level.lua where I normally write those function ist does not make sense, because this should apply in general.

Can I write functions in gameflow.lua and if so, how can I ensure that the condition that Lara is hanging on an edge (and jump button is press by the player) is checked every frame?