Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 15-09-22, 02:32   #15451
justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
I've been looking to use the rocket launcher in trle. It's just I don't want the player to have to choose ammo. I figure out a way to disable the other two ammos. It won't allow me to disable 1 and 2 only. So I'm left with ammo 1 which is the normal ammo. Is there a way I can change this to explosive? I read the AMMO= in NG_Center but it doesn't seem possible. I'm just curious. Thank you.
I believe FLEP has an option for that
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-22, 04:19   #15452
Stryke

Yes I just figured it out. And it work perfectly. So many options it's insane.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 19:46   #15453
THOR2010

I was wondering today is it possible to flip the way walking and running work, make lara by default walk and have to press the "walk" button to run?
THOR2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-22, 17:26   #15454
MillenniumMan12

Hello! I need a bit of help getting some custom levels running...

I've been playing TRLE levels fine forever until I recently bought a new laptop running Windows 11. Some levels work fine (Another Winter Castle) but I'm having trouble starting a lot of other levels, specifically NGLE levels (Legacy of Oda Nobunaga is what I'm currently trying to start).

I get an error message after clicking the tomb4.exe that says "missing library flep.dll" even though I can clearly see the flep.dll in the game folder.

If anyone has any solutions or advice I would appreciate the help!
MillenniumMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-22, 18:31   #15455
LoreRaider

You're missing some libraries in your PC to make TRNG plugins work inside some levels
All TRNG levels now usually come up with 2 additional dll's which are added for that same problem, but in case they're not included this will make them work anyways
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...00&postcount=8
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-22, 16:04   #15456
YumaS2Astral

Why placing sound sources underwater won't work? They actually work weirdly; you can hear them while outside of water (if Lara is swimming in surface, for example, or when not swimming at all). However, when diving, you can't hear the sound.

Any moveable placed underwater will also not have any sounds. The exceptions are Lara itself, and CROCODILE.

For this reason I tried to make a "workaround" to have actual sounds underwater. I made a CROCODILE object which is actually a null mesh, similar to those of AI objects, for example, but painted magneta (because with its normal colors, it would appear in-game). This nullmesh only has one animation where it loops itself, and produces a sound. In this case, I used the sound of the giant fan from TR2 (the ones you can find in Platform levels). It has 12 frames, since it is more or less the duration of this sound. As for the sound itself, I placed it on the slot 80 (which is normally reserved for the crocodille attack). It isn't looped because looped sounds don't work with moveables. The idea was to create an object that would give the impression of it being a looped sound source.

Initially, it wouldn't work. Then I had an idea: To create 12 animations on this same object. The twelfth animation would be this one with this looping sound. I did this because in the actual CROCODILE object, animation 12 is the first animation from it swimming.

And it works, and I have underwater sounds now! The issue is that I have only one slot to do that, since only CROCODILE works with underwater sounds. This also means you can't have the CROCODILE enemy if you want to do this in your level.

Another issue is that I had to create a line in my script so that Lara won't target this invisible null mesh with her weapons, since it is essentially a CROCODILE, and thus Lara treats it as an enemy.

Quote:
Enemy= CROCODILE, 1, NEF_NON_TARGET, IGNORE, IGNORE, 0, 0, 0
I wish this workaround wasn't necessary to have underwater sounds. I wish I could just place sound sources underwater, or have moveables with sounds in water, other than CROCODILE. Is there a plugin for that?
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-22, 09:29   #15457
AkyV

Hello!
Another workaround:
That invisible (nullmesh) Moveable object can be even an Animating.
All you need to do is a PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM, with FROT_LOOP for loop rotating and a loop sound named in one of the command fields. It plays while that are rotating.
You can control (start/stop) loop rotation by flipeffects:

Moveable. Rotation. Rotate moveable using data of <&>Parameters list
Disable. Disable all continuos actions on <#>Moveable
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-22, 12:41   #15458
justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Hello!
Another workaround:
All you need to do is a PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM, with FROT_LOOP for loop rotating and a loop sound named in one of the command fields. It plays while that are rotating.

Brilliant, Aky! I've been using animating objects as sound sources with different sounds for each animation, but your technique may prove to be waaaay easier, thanks!
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-22, 02:34   #15459
YumaS2Astral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Hello!
Another workaround:

But does that sound work while underwater?
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-22, 17:40   #15460
AkyV

Yes, it does!
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote