Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 19-05-20, 16:12   #11
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
terrible, questionable game design.
oOOF

TR3 is definitely my favourite, but TR2 comes very close.

Like said above, TR3 has some very dense TR-ness and it’s hard to get bored playing it. TR2 and TR3 innovated the most from the previous games, the same can’t be said for later versions.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 19:07   #12
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I think TR3 is a 'flanderization' of TR. It's everything TR is, in huge quantities, it's a highly dense dose of TR-ness. Everything TR is about, TR3 has a huge quantity of it and it's not even sparsed out, there's not much that could be considered filler, it's all quality content. It's like a shot to the vein of TR.
I agree with this. TR3 was the pinnacle of TombRaider-ness. It had everything the series had established for itself and tried to improve on it without deviating frim the formula. That's why some people say it was not innovative enough. Game- and Level-design wise it did make some questionable choices (looking at you, London section), but everything was still recogizable as Tomb-Raider-ish. The game is simply fun to play (on PC, mind you) and I was always wondering what might await me at the next corner.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 19:53   #13
gr00tcake
Inactive

TR3 is the best classic IMO and has the most (if not the only) replay value of the classics. I’ve played the game at least 4 times during lockdown, playing in different orders, secret runs, no med pack runs, only pistol runs etc. Just amazing.

Oh and the multiple pathways during levels (Coastal Village, River Ganges, Madubu etc) also make replaying it so much fun and i always discover something new. A true gem and the King of the Klassics
gr00tcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 20:52   #14
Caesum

Probably the amount of ****y traps, chaotic design and horrible art direction that together are grist to the mill to all the toxic relationship seeking individuals
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-20, 16:10   #15
OverRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
terrible, questionable game design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Probably the amount of ****y traps, chaotic design and horrible art direction that together are grist to the mill to all the toxic relationship seeking individuals
Now I will be probably banned for what I am about to say but well, I have to get it off my chest. If you have mental problems guys then this is not a place for you. Toxic individuals? Are you even normal? What in the world gives you right to tell that everybody who likes TR3 is a toxic relationship seeker individual? Terrible gameplay design? You say? Probably for you, cos your small brain did not have enough capacity to accomplish TR3? I was 12 years old when I played the game for the first time and all without using walkthrough! So you guys hate TR3 cos it just proved how stupid you are? LOL. Now you like TR2? Lol I could say that you are a brainless individual cos in TR2 there is that mindless shooting all the time without any puzzles to solve but I actually dont really want to say that , cos I am a classic TR fan and I like them the way they are. And I am not gonna tell out all the hatred against anything in every positive topic which appears in this world. Why even bother replying in such a toxic brainless manner in a thread which was supposed to be about possitive things? It's a complete trash you said and absolutely off topic. If you guys have anything to say you are of course entitled to do so. there is a thread dedicated to that unappreciation, but there is no need to tell how you hate the game in every thread every time, cos you are primitive enough not to beat it... Nobody cares, its just your issue, you know... you guys are TR fans? You telling these things in a TR forum? I could say you are trolls then...
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-20, 16:38   #16
SrDanielPonces

^ You know this is nothing but my opinion, right? I think YOU'RE the one with mental issues since you're the one being butthurt for other people disagreeing with you. You need a life!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-20, 16:47   #17
SnatchingEdges

Well, that toxic thing was really weird.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a Steam sale. I've never played TR3 outside of PSX version, so I'm eager to experience it again without those terrible save crystals.

Some days I hate this game and some days I love it, except for Madubu and River Ganges, worst levels ever.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-20, 17:17   #18
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRaider View Post
Nobody cares, its just your issue, you know...
Honestly hun the amount of butthurt you commited just a moment ago (in response to a month old post? lol) shows just how much "nobody" cares about it. And judging by your entirely random, bipolar and frankly speaking embarrasing outbreak of uncontrolled anger only shows what TR3 does with its players. The frustration is real here (you okay love?). Maybe play some TR1 or TR4 for a while? They actually do give some sort of enjoyment while playing. I think you might have played Lud's Gate for just a bit too long.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-20, 17:37   #19
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRaider View Post
Nobody cares, its just your issue, you know... you guys are TR fans? You telling these things in a TR forum? I could say you are trolls then...
Your whole post is literally nonsense, but I wanted to reply to this part.

First of all, you seem to care.

Secondly, it’s not just his issue. Many people have problems with TR3’s extremely ridiculous cruel traps and unfair moments. Add the unforgiving level design with the PS1 version’s literal darkness and scarce save game crystals. A nightmare.

Thirdly, it’s not up to you to judge whether someone’s a TR fan or not because of their taste. I equally love all three TR eras, and totally dislike TR2 which is overrated.

Fourthly, everybody has the right to express their TR-related (and many other) opinions here. It’s a TR forums after all.

Finally, expressing opinions ≠ trolling. But you’re acting like one.

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 25-06-20 at 17:38.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-20, 17:48   #20
OverRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Honestly hun the amount of butthurt you commited just a moment ago (in response to a month old post? lol) shows just how much "nobody" cares about it. And judging by your entirely random, bipolar and frankly speaking embarrasing outbreak of uncontrolled anger only shows what TR3 does with its players. The frustration is real here (you okay love?). Maybe play some TR1 or TR4 for a while? They actually do give some sort of enjoyment while playing. I think you might have played Lud's Gate for just a bit too long.
I am not visiting forums every day these days, so month old thread? So what about it? As I said you have all right to express your opinion, but if it's all the same all the time in almost every topic, then also expect some reaction! This time you went too far don't you think? You can't just say that TR3 lovers are toxic relationship seeker individuals and get away with it! So who has the real issue here? Think about it! And I do play all the classics every now and then with TR3 being my favorite. And I don't judge anyone whose favorite is TR1 or TR2 or any other TR. You said your opinion about TR3 many times in the past. But repeating it every now and then makes it actually embarassing from your side don't you think? It feels cringy and disgusting. And by "Nobody cares" I meant that nobody cares how you don't like game design in TR3. But coming in TR3 section just to say your frustration, distress and even mocking embarrassing attack on those who do think that TR3 is the best is ridiculous! I do however agree about my uncontrolled anger in the post for which I appologize, though I said what said... Have a nice day
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote