Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 01-08-20, 22:58   #21
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo505 View Post
Like sir, she became the tomb raider in 2013?
Yeah, but what's a ''tomb raider'' anyway and how do you know exactly when you're going from not being one to actually being one?

I think the most realistic answer here is that to Crystal D Tomb Raider = Lara Croft. The trilogy games could have just as easily be named Lara Croft, The Rise or Lara Croft etc.
So she's basically supposed to become the legend Lara Croft. That's gonna take more than one game I'd say.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 02:09   #22
Mikky

A 14 year old "naughty" girl in shorts, going around in roller blades... Finally, the pedo fans of the TR5 teenage Lara scene will have new content to enjoy

I'm genuinely surprised Suli isn't all over this right now, demanding this thread to be deleted from existence
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 03:47   #23
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
A 14 year old "naughty" girl in shorts, going around in roller blades... Finally, the pedo fans of the TR5 teenage Lara scene will have new content to enjoy

I'm genuinely surprised Suli isn't all over this right now, demanding this thread to be deleted from existence
I first saw this thread and just took a glance at the OP and thought it was the usual foolery, didn't knew there was extra foolery.

Lemme read carefully and determine who's being a fool and deal with them accordingly.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 06:07   #24
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post

Mikky why do you feed the troll? This is a forum for discussing Tomb Raider, not a petting zoo.

More importantly, the thread is OPs vision of how she would want the origin story of Lara to be in the next installment. Albeit a new reboot/origin story is unrealistic at this point it is still a topic OP has put thought into and is deserving of not turning into yet another drama playground for the usual TRF suspects. We already have enough of those. Thanks.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 08:04   #25
PinkyPromise

Thanks but.. no. No more mother/father. No more family. Since 2006 with matters of father or mother ... I would rather die than more games like that.

They should resume the old biography with Lara being disinherited by her family for fulfilling her dreams. We don't want any more family issues.

TR is Lara Croft, loneliness, tombs ... stop trying to turn TR into Uncharted or another saga that is not TR. f I want to play Uncharted I choose Uncharted, if I want to play GoW I choose GoW ... but if I buy TR it is because I want to play TR not a clone of other games!

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 03-08-20 at 08:09.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 12:51   #26
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo505 View Post
I'm all for continuing Lara's story in the current iteration, but I'm soo tired of "become the tomb raider!! lara's finally becoming the tomb raider guys!!!" Like sir, she became the tomb raider in 2013?
All the marketing was a mess, considering Rise was marketed as "Lara's first adventure as a Tomb Raider".
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 13:33   #27
Bridge
Inactive

No. I’m probably one of the biggest reboot era fans out there and even I want the origin story stuff over with.
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 13:49   #28
Costel

I have an idea. How about this:
Lara goes alone in a new adventure where she spends hours exploring tombs, doesn't meet any tribe, doesn't help anyone defeat bad guys, she is not forced to wear any ugly outfit, she can use all her weapons anywhere, can draw her bow anywhere, she doesn't stumble on people in big cities, she doesn't have to save anyone, doesn't witness anyone death that was barely introduced that no one cares about.Has shorts and dual pistols.
Sounds better doesn't it.?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 13:59   #29
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Mikky why do you feed the troll? This is a forum for discussing Tomb Raider, not a petting zoo.
I'm sensing some hateration in this dancery. is that what's happening, Trenton? or am I imagining stuff?
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 19:59   #30
Stevo505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
All the marketing was a mess, considering Rise was marketed as "Lara's first adventure as a Tomb Raider".
Right?? But she did that in 2013? I was so hyped after the ending of TR2013 when she said "I'm not going home" and she felt like she was leaning into classic vibes, with her dual pistols etc., but then she kinda just... didn't. The end of SOTTR was underwhelming because they promised that she was "becoming the tomb raider" but there wasn't really a moment that stood out to me, other than her coming out of the water and murdering everyone, but that didn't feel like her becoming that tomb raider. That just felt like Lara becoming the psychopath she's been for 3 games.

I love the reboot games, don't get me wrong, but the way they were marketed was trash and consequently the games didn't live up to the hype.

Anyway, yeah, I'd prefer no more origin stories for Lara. Let her be the damn tomb raider already.
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote