www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-07-19, 12:33   #131
DragonSlayer
Professor

Has anyone tried out the challenges yet? I haven't had time to try them yet and I'm going to do them on easy difficulty, I'm currently playing the game on survival difficulty once I'm done with survival I'm restarting on easy.

How do you start a challenge anyway, do they pop up on the map when your driving around like the ambush camps.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 13:44   #132
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

The challenge option is in the main menu. I don't think you can choose a difficulty. I've tried both the horde and survival modes.

I've done 2/4 challenges in the horde mode, I just need to get a 100 combo and 250 freaker ears.

I've done 3/4 of the challenges in Survival and just need to get 10 headshots.

It's fun, I need to practice more with Horde mode as I think I've only got bronze. I'm looking forward to what comes next and the new outfit skins though.
Old 11-07-19, 12:17   #133
DragonSlayer
Professor

Here's a tip for anyone that is playing on survival difficulty that has yet to do the mission where you get antibiotics for boozer from the crashed plane.

When fighting the breaker have some proximity mines in your inventory two is all you will need place them next to the red box and then shoot him in the head with the CB rifle, shooting him in the head will knock a quarter off his health bar and the proximity mines will take care of the rest.

The CB rifle is recommended as it's the most powerful sniper rifle in the game and the second most powerful weapon next to the Chicago chopper, I think the CB rifle is available from either Copeland's camp or Iron Mike's camp I forget which one it's available from.

The proximity mines only spawn in one place every two in game days, they spawn at the hydroelectric dam that Rikki goes with you for a mission.

I'm dreading the mission later on in the game where there are three breakers hanging around in the car park where Deek's wife sends you to retrieve a bag of flour, one breaker is a handful three will be a nightmare to deal with, I wonder if it's possible to make breakers fight each other, if they spot me instant reload for another go.
Old 07-08-19, 18:20   #134
DragonSlayer
Professor

This will be my last bump as it seems that no-one else apart from me seems to be playing the game.

I'm nearly done playing on survival difficulty and it's not that hard most of the infected can be easily dealt with breakers present the only real challenge on survival difficulty and even then they can be easily dealt with if you have the right weapons like the C8 sniper rifle which is the most powerful sniper rifle in the game and the Chicago chopper which is the second most powerful weapon in the game, once you have these two weapons you are unstoppable.

For the mission where you have to retrieve a bag of yeast for Lt Whitaker just toss an attractor into the parking lot and sneak in through the back door while they are distracted, one breaker on survival difficulty is a handful fighting three breakers at once would be a nightmare.

The one character I can't take seriously is Colonel Garrett he looks like John Cleese I keep expecting him to do the silly walk at any moment.

The one character I hate the most is Skizzo.

My favourite NPC'S are Rikki Pattel, Boozer, Iron Mike, Captain Kouri and Sarah.

I haven't done the challenges yet, I've been concentrating on finishing the game on survival difficulty first.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 07-08-19 at 18:22.
Old 07-08-19, 18:50   #135
Mani_Man
Professor

Im still playing it...sorry that not more is going on.
The game despite its flaws deserves to be talked more, its still incredible good.

The story problems still exist, even though im coming towards the end now i feel.

Garrett is really too much for me, its to the point where he is a caricature instead of a serious character.

Skizzo is your typical "i hate him" character, you can see where his arc goes from the very moment you see him.
Cant stand the character but i also dont care about much he does or say.

The Support characters would be nice if the game would have focused more on telling me about them and if they would have done more to bring them closer to me and establish a feeling of belonging and time.

I feel like the balancing of the guns is a bit strange, i have the tommy gun as my main weapon and it feels easily like the strongest gun in the game.
Im far more accurate than with a sniper rifle or so...which is a surprise since the aiming is a bit stiff.

Still bothered that the enemies have such a good aim even from far away...but i manage.

One weird thing was that i was fighting a "boss" in some caves and the fight was over before O'brian could finish telling me how dangerous the enemy is.
The thing came out of nowhere before i even could get a good look at...which the game by the way did a horrible job showing me.
It jumped me and we got into that melee counter thing where you first need to button mash and then press the button at the right time.
I did and Deacon stabbed the monster dead...thats it, that was the whole fight.
After the cutscene i wasnt even able to run or so because it already jumped me.
Had to wait till O'brain finished talking before the game continued.
I even got that Knife trophy people said is so hard to get...kind of weird but i take it.

Other than that there isnt too much to say, i have fun...its not the best game but it has tons of potential for the future.

One really helpfull glitch/bug was that i had mission wise a horde to kill...and the AI completely broke down.
They were just standing there doing nothing, even when i threw a attractor.
They were completely broken, not even the ragdolls physics worked.
I threw napalm and they burned but didnt move, i threw grenades and they just fell down like a puppet whos strings you just cut.
The broken AI helped me in a few situations...so i wont complain.
I got the xp and could continue without much problems.

Despite all that stuff, i really have fun...its a game you can play during a time where not much big games come out.
Every day 2-3 hours and you are good.
Im really hoping they are able to build up on this because the world and characters have potential.

Edit: Finished the Story...i love boozer and that the ending was nice.

Last edited by Mani_Man; 07-08-19 at 22:04.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 11:44   #136
DragonSlayer
Professor

The one thing I would like to see changed if there is a sequel is missions from the various camps being given over the radio instead of me having to constantly return to a camp to get a mission, it was rather annoying having just left a camp to get a radio call telling me to come back to get a mission.

Returning to camps for missions should be limited to essential main story missions and not every mission that requires me to find a missing person, it's like Preston Garvey's endless find a missing person assignments in Fallout 4.

I would also like to see the following NPC'S in the sequel Boozer, Sarah and Rikki Pattel.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 08-08-19 at 12:17.
Old 09-08-19, 09:06   #137
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
The one thing I would like to see changed if there is a sequel is missions from the various camps being given over the radio instead of me having to constantly return to a camp to get a mission, it was rather annoying having just left a camp to get a radio call telling me to come back to get a mission.

Returning to camps for missions should be limited to essential main story missions and not every mission that requires me to find a missing person, it's like Preston Garvey's endless find a missing person assignments in Fallout 4.

I would also like to see the following NPC'S in the sequel Boozer, Sarah and Rikki Pattel.
Yeah that would be nice, or at least have lesser loading times.
There are way too many and too long.
I think getting missions over the radio makes more sense because often you have to find someone or so that is on the run or they are missions that feel urgent.
Going to the camp to "accept" them seems kind of a waste of time.

If there is a sequel then absolutly, they need to return.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 13:46   #138
DragonSlayer
Professor

I'm almost done playing the game on survival difficulty and it's not really that hard in fact it's the easiest hard game I've ever played.

The only part that I found challenging was clearing the large horde at the sawmill there must have been like 300 freakers at the sawmill, killing them took all my napalm Molotov's, proximity bombs, attractors and nearly every bullet I had.

It took me half an hour to clear the horde, I kept the motorbike nearby pointing away from the horde so I could make a quick getaway to put some distance between me and the horde which I had to do several times.

It's better to split them up as much as possible luckily some of the horde followed me when I took off on the motorbike, that particular horde is more manageable in smaller numbers.

I did see a video where someone defeated that horde by planting several bombs on the buildings at the sawmill and the area surrounding the sawmill and then running around luring the freakers to the traps, I didn't do it that way instead I planted bombs near the piles of wood nearest the Nero checkpoint and lured them there with attractors so I could bottle them in there and take out as much as possible with the bombs and Molotov's.
Old 14-08-19, 21:42   #139
DragonSlayer
Professor

I started the challenges a few days ago, the infinite horde challenge is going to be well challenging it's going to be tough that's for sure, my favourite challenge is the one next to it the one with the marauders I got quite far in that one.

My least favourite challenge is the one where Deacon is a taxi driver, one thing I would change about the challenges would be not having to stop to fix the bike with scrap when I'm up against the clock, I would eliminate having to refuel as well in the challenges where there is a time limit, some of the story missions gave you infinite fuel, it should have been that way in the challenges too just to make things a little easier.

It kind of sucks that the challenges have to be done online which I didn't know about until I tried to do them while offline, it's not like there is co-op involved the challenges could have easily been done offline and the stats uploaded when I next went online.
Old 15-08-19, 16:07   #140
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I started the challenges a few days ago, the infinite horde challenge is going to be well challenging it's going to be tough that's for sure, my favourite challenge is the one next to it the one with the marauders I got quite far in that one.

My least favourite challenge is the one where Deacon is a taxi driver, one thing I would change about the challenges would be not having to stop to fix the bike with scrap when I'm up against the clock, I would eliminate having to refuel as well in the challenges where there is a time limit, some of the story missions gave you infinite fuel, it should have been that way in the challenges too just to make things a little easier.

It kind of sucks that the challenges have to be done online which I didn't know about until I tried to do them while offline, it's not like there is co-op involved the challenges could have easily been done offline and the stats uploaded when I next went online.
I actually quite liked the Golf Crazy Taxi challenge. It was relatively easy to get Gold and Gold on all of the sub challenges. I completed it without even realising there was a boost on the golf cart. Made it harder for myself.

The golf cart and the newest horde mode with the zones are some of the easiest the reach gold. I only reach gold on the first infinite horde mode using that roof glitch which they have patched. I cannot get that Gold sub challenge of 300 chain kills, it's ridiculously hard.

The bike challenge is a pain and I haven't got gold on that, as well as the camp one where you need to kill 24 people in under 2:34 mins/without being detected. Can't do those sub challenges either. I haven't got gold on the 300 horde challenge either.

I didn't realise you had to be online to do the challenges, I only thought you needed to be online for your score to be on the leader board. But anyway I've reached Rank 6 and have got Shirtless Deacon, so I'm happy. I just really hope after these challenges are done, the character skins get ported over to the main game, along with New Game +.