www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations

Old 14-07-19, 01:13   #1
Lord Insidious
Hobbyist

Smile Greetings from Louisiana

Hello, everyone. Hope you’re all having a pleasant evening.

My name is Corey. I hail from Crowley, Louisiana, and I am male and 19 years old.

My hobbies include playing video games, listening to music, and drawing. I have recently graduated from my high school, and am currently looking for work.

My favorite video game franchises include Unreal Tournament, Quake, Half-Life, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Ratchet and Clank, and now I’m trying to get into the Tomb Raider series a bit more. I tend to play first and third person shooters, fighting games, racing games, action or adventure, some rhythm games, some puzzles, and some horror here and there.

My first introduction to TR was many, many years ago, when I was a small child. My brother owned a PlayStation Underground disc (I have it now) that had a demo of Tomb Raider III on it. It took place in the Area 51 level, and had Lara locked in a prison cell. I was just a kid, so I had no idea on what to do, until my brother showed me that I had to go to the window to attract the guard. Well, I did, and I got myself killed. I had no idea how to evade the guard.

Eventually, as I got older, and the years flew by, I figured out what to do, and I played the heck out of the demo. I had another demo disc for the PS2 that featured Legend, and I played that a lot, too. I also used to love watching the various parodies of the series that were up on YouTube, such as the likes of “tombraidertrailerman” (Crazy Croft, Lara’s Voiceovers), “ThereGoesKitty” (The Name’s Lara Croft), and et cetera, et cetera. Inappropriate? Yes, maybe, and I should have known better, but they always made me laugh. I still love watching them today.

So, I began to take an interest into the series, and I wanted one of my own. Well, that wish came true a few weeks ago when I got the very first Tomb Raider during the Steam sale. It’s got me puzzled at times, but I enjoy playing it very much. It was also quite troublesome trying to get it to run without DOSBox, but I finally got it working with TombATI. I got the PSX soundtrack working, I installed the mod that restores Lara’s braid, it’s got hardware accelerated graphics, widescreen support, and it runs great. I’m trying to go for all secrets as well, as I am also a huge completionist. I gotta find all the secrets or unlock everything or get all achievements or trophies when it comes to video gaming.

Anyway, it’s nice to meet you all, and I can’t wait for when I am able to play the rest of the games! Thanks, and once again, have a great night.
Lord Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 00:14   #2
Cat Woman
Explorer

Cool

Welcome.... Hope you enjoy all your TR gaming. TR games are the best. lol
Old 15-07-19, 11:02   #3
BlackWolftr
Hobbyist

Welcome to the forum! You will have fun here. And I wish you enjoy playing tomb raiders.

Last edited by BlackWolftr; 15-07-19 at 11:03.
BlackWolftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 11:07   #4
Alex Fly
Legend

Hi and welcome to TRF Corey!
Old 17-07-19, 02:10   #5
Legends
Tomb Raider

Hello, Corey. Welcome to the forums.

Lovely introduction post btw!
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote