www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 17-07-18, 20:12   #1
Samz
Relic Hunter

Post Tomb Raider Legend Port Differences.

Time for the Thread absolutely no one asked for, its TR Legend Port differences!

Where I'm gonna Ramble about random differences in The TRL ports, I guess because I want this stuff recorded somewhere because I'm a weirdo, if you got any more differnces, comment and I'll add them, if you just want to comment on the changes, do that too, who knows, you might find something vaguely intresting!

PS3 Version always loads the Bolivia main menu on startup, even if you're on a later level on your last save.
PS3 Version is missing some plant meshes.
On PSP, the destructible wall hiding one of the secrets in Bolivia (just before the "Death by Irony" cutscene) is missing.
On the PSP Version, the Winter Orange outfit is bugged and the arm part is brown like the normal winter outfit.
In the Xbox Version, due to a disc error is missing the inital pre-main menu video.
The Gamecube/PSP versions are missing the "Unfortunate Mishaps" Video.
The PSP Version lacks the Natla Industries Crates in the final level and The Entity/Lara's attacks just pass through the big stone pillars instead of destroying them.
Lara cannot turn while peforming the Ariel attack on the PSP version. (for some reason)
The GBA Version is a side-scroller with sprites for regular gameplay and top down for the Bike sections and all the cutscenes are a "Comic" style with no dialgoue.
The DS Version is a 2.5D Side-scroller, uses the same sprites as the GBA version, the bike chases are 3D with Sprites and uses compressed footage of other versions for cutscenes, in-game dialogue is text while cutscene dialogue is part of the footage.
During the First gunfight in Tokyo, on the PSP version the path to the roof elevator is blocked by a traditional Japanese Sliding door and the reinforcements that normally come from there are already present, but are up at the balcony where the Elevator Lara enters from is.
The PSP version seems to have more enemies carry the regular assault rifle instead of the SMG/Shotgun than the other versions.
PC has more bugs when using Next Gen Graphics (varrying from PC to PC)
PSP version has additional mini games which unlock recolours of outfits.
Presumably in order to compensate for the more difficult controls (Such as Lara having to stand still to manually turn the camera) the PSP version has noticeably reduced difficulty.
More info here on the PSP exclusive stuff here: https://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR7walk/psp.html
The PSP version has less enemies "Active" at once, so there's noticeable enemy re spawn during what are supposed to be big fights to compensate for the lowered number of total enemies at once, there's still the same amount of enemies, but they spawn in mid-fight.

Last edited by Samz; 22-07-18 at 14:47.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 21:04   #2
Legends
Tomb Raider

There's a known bug in the PC version where the Next Gen graphics causes the game to crash when enebled on certain levels. I believe it's Kazakhstan and England. It's not really the same thing, but it's interesting to know anyway.

I just thought I'd share something in your thread adventure!
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 21:06   #3
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
There's a known bug in the PC version where the Next Gen graphics causes the game to crash when enebled on certain levels. I believe it's Kazakhstan and England. It's not really the same thing, but it's interesting to know anyway.

I just thought I'd share something in your thread adventure!
Can't believe I forgot to add that. Thanks!
Old 18-07-18, 03:11   #4
ozzman
Tomb Raider

PS3 version is missing some plant meshes, noticable in Japan mainly

Anniversary on PSP has exclusive Costumes based on Angel of Darkness and TR3 Antarctica
Old 18-07-18, 14:33   #5
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
PS3 version is missing some plant meshes, noticable in Japan mainly

Anniversary on PSP has exclusive Costumes based on Angel of Darkness and TR3 Antarctica
Yeah I plan on separate threads for Anniversary and Underworld eventually if people show an interest on this.
Old 18-07-18, 16:59   #6
Maverin
Archaeologist

It's always interesting to see version or regional differences. Adding some pictures which showcases them would be great too, but not necessary of course! Makes me wanna play Legend again
Old 18-07-18, 17:07   #7
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Can't believe I forgot to add that. Thanks!
Don't beat yourself up too hard, lol. Who remembers all these things about a game anyway?
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 21:31   #8
FreakRaider

haha i always used to do that too, just pointing out differences between all platforms. sadly i never got to play the psp one, i would have cried playing trl multiplayer
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-18, 14:38   #9
Pyro99
Archaeologist

This was pretty interesting, especially the handheld console ones. I'd like to add that the PS3 version goes back to the Bolivia menu screen everytime you start up the game instead of staying on the level you're at.
Old 29-07-18, 09:56   #10
FanosCroft
Professor

I like finding differences between the ports in TR games, I noticed in ROTTR that on Xbox One there some plants that interact with Lara and on PS4 version it doesn't.