www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 09-05-19, 21:08   #391
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I thought skin drops were totally random

They seem to love throwing Kotal Kahn ones at me. I got like three skins for him just in the room with the lava and swinging spike traps.

Also me still waiting in 2023 for Jade's "True Edenian" skin to appear somewhere in Towers of Time;

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 09-05-19 at 21:10.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 21:37   #392
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

I have enough Kitana and Jade skins to keep me satisfied with their looks for now. Now I really want more Skarlet and D'Vorah. But my game hates giving me those.
Old 09-05-19, 22:03   #393
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I wish Kitana had more variation because, aside from her revanant look which I'm just not into because I like her looking human, the rest are all so similar. I'm also not into her wearing anything other than blue so there's really only a few options.

I want one without that stupid little bun hairstyle as well. I'm hoping for DLC, I need her and Jade's klassic leotards again. Idk though that might be considered "an inappropriate bikini" so I'm doubting we'll see that.

Skarlet has some really nice variation with her looks, and some are actually quite attractive with some sex appeal. It's almost like they responded to the "wtf" response to her weird niqab default by throwing the slightly more revealing ponytail costumes in at the last minute.
Old 09-05-19, 23:18   #394
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I want the Kitana look in the Kustomization picture

Update: I also found Merigold lol

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 10-05-19 at 03:52.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 20:33   #395
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

I want Mileena in MK11, now, NRS. Please.
Old 11-05-19, 21:47   #396
Emix
Relic Hunter

Played Jade's tower today and honestly i am slayed. I didn't thought that i will like her as much as i did. She is so good imo. and really fun. More than Kitana.
Also her d2 is AMAZING!

Last edited by Emix; 11-05-19 at 22:09.
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 23:28   #397
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I want the Kitana look in the Kustomization picture

Update: I also found Merigold lol
So did I, just found it in the Krypt in a chest between the trap corridors

I'm looking at the concept arts for Kitana and now I'm wishing she looked like either of these tbh, especially the first (although not keen on that face or ghostly pale skin). Sorry had to take crude pics on phone as PSN doesn't let you send screenshots to email.

These are lovely. What we got is ok, again, I think it's a decent design and there's things I like about it, but I love the style of these so much more. Jade had some even better ones too if I'm being honest, one of which looks surprisingly similar to one of Kitana's official in-game skins but in green and it suits her more.

Weirdly I think a lot of the girls looked better in concept art and then got dulled-down for the final edit. I've noticed this happen in a couple other games as well, I swear the same thing happened with Kassandra in AC Odyssey (linked below). It's like they have the concept for this tastefully-beautiful female character in the art down, then it comes to the final edit and it's like "ok no "inappropriate bikinis" and nothing too threateningly beautiful, they have to look realistic and relatable!". Yknow while the men still look really impressive and exceptionally attractive.

Kassandra concepts;

https://i.postimg.cc/V6NcFV1w/Kassandra.jpg

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 11-05-19 at 23:34.
Old 11-05-19, 23:42   #398
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Kitana with a hood would have been AMAZING. Also I kinda think it's weird they suddenly made her Asian. I mean I have nothing against it, but considering the past games imo anyway she never looked asian (and was portrayed by a latina in the 1995 movie). Going back to MKXL she feels completely different character.

And yes I know she was played by an Asian (Mileena too) in MK Legacy, but I just saw that recently.
Old 11-05-19, 23:55   #399
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I can see why they avoided the hood, given Jade already has one and Skarlet already has her... whatever that's supposed to be.

Can you imagine the "why are ALL the girls now Muslim?!" rages? Yknow because on Jade a hood = Muslim hijab according to some people.

I thought the racelift was weird as well. On Jade I understand it more, it was actually her MK9 design that was out of place given she was pretty much always dark-skinned before, but Kitana looked like a racially ambiguous Latina in most appearances I've seen of her. I'm not too bothered by it per se, none of the characters have had very consistent faces after all, but yeah it's kinda striking how different she looks.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 11-05-19 at 23:56.
Old 12-05-19, 00:22   #400
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I can see why they avoided the hood, given Jade already has one and Skarlet already has her... whatever that's supposed to be.

Can you imagine the "why are ALL the girls now Muslim?!" rages? Yknow because on Jade a hood = Muslim hijab according to some people.

I thought the racelift was weird as well. On Jade I understand it more, it was actually her MK9 design that was out of place given she was pretty much always dark-skinned before, but Kitana looked like a racially ambiguous Latina in most appearances I've seen of her. I'm not too bothered by it per se, none of the characters have had very consistent faces after all, but yeah it's kinda striking how different she looks.
Yeah, you said it perfectly.
I do recognize MK11 Kitana as Kitana, but when I see her elsewhere (older games or movies) I just disconnect immediately... I guess I need to stare her new face more and more to get used to it.