Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 31-08-12, 14:33   #1
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Default list your favorite tomb raider games 1-10 and give reasons why

To be honest i loved all the tomb raider games but here are my favourite to least favorite:

1) tomb raider 2 loved every level but i loved the titanic style levels the most because ive always been fascinated with titanic(maria doria levels)

2)tomb raider 4 loved the Egypt levels because ive always been fascinated by the pyramids and what not. also it was very hard which is my style

3)tomb raider 3 i liked the way she literally traveled around the world. it gives a whole variety of levels. favorite levels were london because im from london

4)tomb raider 5 liked to find out about her previes adventures especially the isle of white levels were you see the scary hanging man

5)tomb raider 1 liked this tomb raider but not as much as the others. in the tomb raider i thought she was clumsy and annoying to control however the missions were great and my favorite thing to do was turn lara to gold XD

6) tomb raider 6 very much enjoyed this game liked the graphics and epic cutscenes however was a bit glitchy and the controls were realistic but terrible. i loved the level were you are being chased my mutants and probably enjoed this a bit more than tomb raider 1

7) i liked legend a lot reason being was the graphics were great and the levels were fun. i also liked how lara was a full grown woman in this

8) tomb raider anniversary i enjoyed this alot better than the original the grapics were awesome and lara was much more beautiful than before. the puzzles were a lot harder and fun. i think crystal dynamics did a great job and i would love to see the rest of the tomb raider classics remade specifically tomb raider 2 which you all know is my favorite.

9)underworld was a great installment however tomb raider has lost its magic since tomb raider legend the graphics were great and the games were fun but all those hours you spent playing the original just wasent there in the secend generation tomb raiders

10) this new tomb raider looks completely amazing both graphically and gameplay wise however i dont like how they are throwing away the original story line of how verner trained her and then she learnt to survive and become a tomb raider. however this is happening in the new tomb raider and i dont think they are remaking the whole tomb raider more just explaining how she became the tomb raider she is today

well thats enough typing for me im only 13 and i cant take that much lol

Last edited by ToMbRaIdErxFtW; 31-08-12 at 16:49.
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 14:52   #2
fivebyfive87

1)tomb raider 4, the scope of the game is amazing but the latter levels are overly stretched
2)tomb raider underworld, great environment, great premise but falls flat on resolving plot threads
3) tomb raider / tomb raider 3, classic games the latter a bit under rated
fivebyfive87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 14:59   #3
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

@ToMbRaIdErxFtW
This kind of thread (and your Random TR Challenges thread) should really be in the General Chat board. This board is for threads about TR9 specifically
It's an easy mistake to make when you're new. I'm sure a Mod will move the threads if & when they see them.

Also, technically there hasn't been ten TR games, there's only been nine (including the one we're currently waiting for). Anniversary doesn't generally get counted as TR8 because it's a remake/re-imagining of the original TR1

Last edited by Spong; 31-08-12 at 15:00.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 15:08   #4
Phlip
Inactive

My top 3 in favourite to lesser -

Angel of Darkness - I LOVE the story, the dark but not overpowering atmosphere, sense of mystery surrounding the artefacts, Lara's personality and the dialogues between her and Kurtis, the cutscenes are all very cinematic and the levels are just a lot of fun. It's the most replayable TR out of the series - I could literally start a new game straight after finishing it, and I have done that before. XD

TR3 - Starting off with nothing and hoarding loads of weapons, medipacks and ammo is something I love about TR3, and the PS1 save system is my favourite in this, too. It's also probably the hardest, but so much fun.

TR1 - it's got a perfect mix of enemies to level exploration, great scenery, music and well, it's just loads of fun.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 15:14   #5
Lukass

1) TRI, II, III and IV - I take them all the same. They're the best TR games ever. Super challenging, long, difficult puzzles, you need to think before you do something. No white ledges, locations, manual grab, vehicles FTW!

2) CHRONICLES I don't remember this game too much to be honest. It was kinda bland for me. Nothing new, no super exciting locations. Loved the Irish island tho. That was one of the best TR levels ever, deep atmosphere.

3) ANGEL OF DARKNESS One of the best TR games, not favorite one though. Luvre was beautiful, atmosphere was great. Never finished this one because of Boaz. Impossible to kill her.

4) LEGEND Well, didn't like it at first. Unfamiliar Lara, new voice, new look, new outfit, braid was gone, Alistair and Zip, those two annoying ****s. This game was blan for me too. Ghana was my favorite part.

5) ANNIVERSARY Classic Lara, better graphics. Egypt was beyond beautiful, T-rex back, ol' locations, kinda deja vu. It was nice to play, but nothing can beat the original TR. I enjoyed the game a lot though.

6) UNDERWORLD My favourite Crystal game. Liked the locations, especially Mexico and Thailand. Med sea was nice too. I didn't like white ledges sucking Lara towards them, linearity (explore everything, stop at nothing lol) and I was sort of sick of searching for her father. Was nice to see Natla back J.M. island was extremely boring to me. I enjoyed the motorbike.

7) TOMB RAIDER (2013) Excited about this one! New Lara is amazing, voice acting is well done, Japan is great location, hubs, bow, pickaxe (climbing/combat), graphics. Not sure about the difficulty and lenght of the game. Too many characters for my liking, I hope most of them die as soon as possible. Hope there are challenging challenges if that makes sense. I really don't want this game to be short and easy like LAU.

Last edited by Lukass; 31-08-12 at 16:06.
Lukass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 15:17   #6
Zebra

Angel of Darkness
Chronicles
Legend/TR1
Anniversary
Underworld

Still haven't come around to playing TR2-4 and I'm not going to include TR2013 without having completed it.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 15:21   #7
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Angel of Darkness
Chronicles
Legend/TR1
Anniversary
Underworld

Still haven't come around to playing TR2-4 and I'm not going to include TR2013 without having completed it.
. Just... .
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 15:49   #8
pipermaru

1. TR III: The first I played (my cousins had TR II and I used to watch them all day long. when I got my PS1, in the demo disc there was a TR III demo) . I love the environments and Lara's model, it's extremely difficult and huge.

2. TR IV: Love the Egypt, the story and the puzzles.

3. TR II: Very good. I would love to see more Asian locations in TR series like Tibet and China (that's why I'm looking forward the Reboot, always wanted a TR game in Japan).

4. TR I: The reason this one is not the first is just because I played it after TR III and TR II and the controls were different, the graphics were worse blablabla. Still an excellent game.

5. Anniversary: The best game by Crystal. It's not all wonderful, but the atmosphere is good, the length is good and it's a pretty game with ok difficulty. The Great Pyramid is a nightmare, though. Terrible level design.

6. Legend: Too short and easy and doesn't feel like Tomb Raider for me, but very pretty.

7. Chronicles: Boring, I dislike the level design, the locations, the colors, that bug in VCI levels is terrible, feels like TR IV 1.5 with worst stuff, too short, uninspired... But you can still have a little fun sometimes.

8. Underworld: Pure garbage. I played first the PS2 version then the PC version. Both suck, but the PS2 is worst. TERRIBLE controls, terrible Lara's model, one of the worst storylines I ever saw in my life, bad level design (Mexico is an exception), bad everything. I really hate this game.

Never played Angel of Darkness and have no interest in playing it at all
pipermaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 16:03   #9
ozzman

1 AOD, loved the lack of ammo, graphics , puzzles , huge environments and story,
2 TR1 , haven't finished it but its very creepy and good puzzles
3 TR A , lovely graphics and smooth gameplay
4 TR2 , haven't finished but lovely graphics and settings , great puzzles and fun combat
5 TR3 , lovely graphics and fun puzzles and difficult traps , haven't finished it
6. TR4 , great atmosphere , puzzles and settings , graphics are very good , haven't finished it
7 TRL , it was ok, too short and linear , graphics are horrible on ps3 and very few puzzles
8 TRU , graphics are good and gameplay is good but puzzles are bland
9 TR5 , loved it BUT its not on ps3
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 16:45   #10
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
. Just... .
I know. I really want to. Especially 2. But I just never get around to actually buying them.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote