www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-05-19, 23:34   #11
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Paititi is probably the best place in the game for me. I like how alive it feels and how many things you can do and explore (tombs, crypts, side missions, the DLCs, the upper district, the cenote, etc.) It's the most amazing place to discover. And yes, I include all of that because it's supposed to be in the same region.

And honestly, I feel like people would be more positive about it if it wasn't for the restriction. Imagine exploring everything with Lara's classic outfit. Wouldn't you feel like a true TR? I don't know. I really like that place a lot, but I know I'm one of the few.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 00:13   #12
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I don't know. I really like that place a lot, but I know I'm one of the few.
Indeed. It's a real shame that EM couldn't figure out how to space the DLCs more evenly because, while I'm not a Paititi hater, I was getting there.

Ugh. Did we really need four? Especially in a row?
Old 16-05-19, 00:30   #13
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Indeed. It's a real shame that EM couldn't figure out how to space the DLCs more evenly because, while I'm not a Paititi hater, I was getting there.

Ugh. Did we really need four? Especially in a row?
The question is: would people care that those tombs are in Paititi if there was no restriction? And the answer is probably no, they wouldn't care. So that's why I think the majority don't like the place mainly because of the restriction (of course there's people who just don't like it or prefer other hubs), but I strongly believe everyone would be more positive about it if we could wear whatever we want.
Old 16-05-19, 00:39   #14
Error96
Explorer

San Juan is my favourite as I loved both the atmosphere and the puzzles.

Quote:
And honestly, I feel like people would be more positive about it if it wasn't for the restriction. Imagine exploring everything with Lara's classic outfit. Wouldn't you feel like a true TR? I don't know. I really like that place a lot, but I know I'm one of the few.
It would have been amazing but is just sad it didn't happen.
Old 16-05-19, 00:40   #15
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
The question is: would people care that those tombs are in Paititi if there was no restriction?
I care because they're not evenly spaced out. There are three hubs, so St. John and Kuwaq Yaku should've gotten two and Paititi three, as it's the largest. Even if the restriction wasn't in place that would still bother me. The missions should also have been spread out more evenly so that we didn't get all of one area in a row.
Old 16-05-19, 01:08   #16
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
It would have been amazing but is just sad it didn't happen.
Yes, I know. The restriction wasn't a good decision, obviously. Hope they lift it eventually and Paititi gets a little more love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
I care because they're not evenly spaced out. There are three hubs, so St. John and Kuwaq Yaku should've gotten two and Paititi three, as it's the largest. Even if the restriction wasn't in place that would still bother me. The missions should also have been spread out more evenly so that we didn't get all of one area in a row.
Oh I get what you mean. I guess you have a point. They could have spread the missions out a little bit more, yes.
Old 16-05-19, 01:12   #17
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Cozumel. It was a refreshing change to see Lara in the colourful real world amongst the public after such cold and remote locations in the first two games, and it transitions nicely into exploring the wilderness outside, uncovering a cave, then an underground temple, triggering the apocalypse, an exciting burst of combat, the tsunami setpiece, etc.
I agree.

I'm torn on whether or it's actually my favorite level, but I think it's the best put together level considering how it had to mesh so many different elements.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 01:17   #18
veigafd
Archaeologist

Every tomb and the rambo section. I'm actually bored right now when I replay shadow, even on speedrun because this game has a lot of walking sections, it's tedious. Shadow shines when you are free to do what you want, because the story itself is a walking simulator in the same style as a ND game as some people claim.
Old 16-05-19, 01:23   #19
Hepburn
Hobbyist

Even though it was a pretty short segment, I enjoyed the San Juan catacombs quite a bit. I'm glad that the game explicitly named and depicted Christian figures as well. Today, I think producers often shy away from including Christian iconography in their movies/games for fear of offending people. When it's featured/utilized well though (like here or in the Indiana Jones films), I think the Christian influence/aesthetic/philosophy adds some weight and power to the narrative. And I say this as someone that isn't religious at all. I loved the scene with Indy and Elsa journeying through the Venice catacombs (in Last Crusade), and I loved this similar moment with Lara and Jonah (in Shadow).

From a pure gameplay perspective, I think I liked the Temple of the Sun mirror puzzle the most. I really enjoyed having to plan things out, observe different parts of the room, and experiment. Reminded me of puzzles from the Classic and LAU eras.
Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 01:46   #20
KenchiKun96
Student

Quote:
Paititi is probably the best place in the game for me. I like how alive it feels and how many things you can do and explore (tombs, crypts, side missions, the DLCs, the upper district, the cenote, etc.) It's the most amazing place to discover. And yes, I include all of that because it's supposed to be in the same region.

I agree with this soo much! Paititi was my favorite area in the game(Probably becuase the outfit restriction doesn't bother me) and just coming back there to explore warms my heart. I love the villagers' chatter and the sight of the temples and the trees in the distance. And the side missions too,the murder one,and the nahual one. The liveliness of it made it amazing for me(Surpising because I hated the Geothermal Valley village with all of my being),contrasted by the fear,dread,and loneliness of entering the Cenote for the first time.
KenchiKun96 is offline   Reply With Quote