Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 07-02-24, 11:50   #11
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
While this scene is indeed better than how bad the final version is, I'll never get over just how atrociously written the dialogue in this game is.

Sam says with regards to Mathias "He's one of ours/us" ? How? Why? One of the crew from the ship? Or one of the "good guys"? You'd think she would know the whole crew on the ship, even the maintenance crew that worked below deck. And if she means he's a good guy, unlike the psycho Lara encountered, this would mean Sam also encountered some dangerous people on the island already and avoided them. It's all just such a horrendous mess.

Regardless, the fact that in both scenarios, both girls just fall asleep with this random stranger is dumb beyond belief. Well done Rhianna. *Claps*
Sam does play into the dumb asian girl stereotype here. I think both versions are pretty bad tbh. Also Mathias's dialogue and voice acting sounds like I'm watching a kids show. Nothing is subtle.

Compare this scene to The Last Of Us where David and Ellie meet. The contrast is striking.
Old 07-02-24, 21:27   #12
AndrewGilkison
Student

Lara is obviously mistrusting of Mathias, but she makes no effort to stand between him and Sam in order to better protect Sam?
AndrewGilkison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-24, 21:47   #13
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I prefer this original scene by a large margin, however that doesn't say much as both scenes are pitifully written.

Edit: ahhhh Sam's orange the memories... :')

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 08-02-24 at 22:26.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-24, 23:33   #14
AshesBorn
Professor

Something tells me CD didn't want the audience to know Matthias was the villain at this point, hence the rewrite. Not like it wasn't obvious, but then again, they acted like Anna being evil was a plot twist, too.
Old 15-02-24, 06:21   #15
Costel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
Something tells me CD didn't want the audience to know Matthias was the villain at this point, hence the rewrite. Not like it wasn't obvious, but then again, they acted like Anna being evil was a plot twist, too.
Honestly I did not thought Ana is gonna be evil. In fact I never thought she is gonna appear in the game except the first cutscene she is in. Thought she is there to set up Lara’s trip to Syria and that is it.
Old Yesterday, 13:09   #16
killchan
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
God knows why they changed this. I believe they mentioned during promo that they changed it a bit to keep it as a surprise, but there’s nothing surprising about the whole situation with a character such as Mathias.
Yeah I think that they wanted to preserve the illusion that the guy who captured Lara was an isolated case.