Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 09-02-24, 21:23   #40561
Amunet
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
It's really good! I haven't seen the first season surprisingly (because people say it's the best) but I love Jodie Foster and the story is intriguing. Love the paranormal elements going on.
I haven't seen any of the other seasons of True Detective but the moment I saw the trailer for this one, I just vibed with it. The setting, the cast, the paranormal elements, I'm loving it!
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 01:35   #40562
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

I have a question. How many people are going to watch Lara Croft: Tomb Raider staring Angelina Jolie on February 14?

Will be watching it myself. To go along with the release of the Tomb Raider Remasters.
Lord Lulu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 13:30   #40563
Dennis's Mom

No, I think I've seen it on broadcast enough that it doesn't feel special anymore.

Last night we watched The Greatest Night in Pop on Netflix about making "We Are the World." It's really unbelievable the song ever got made.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 19:59   #40564
deadmando9
Historian

I'm not going to watch the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider. She did her own take on Lara Croft instead of being true to the character that she was supposed to be portraying. Hell, the butler was way too young. Lara's butler was an old man for crying out loud.

Last edited by deadmando9; 10-02-24 at 20:00.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-24, 13:24   #40565
Dennis's Mom

Watched The Marvels last night.

It was good, but I think it suffers from too much off screen storytelling. Like, Kamala's and Monica's backstories are from TV series, and I thought "if you didn't have Disney + you'd be seriously short changed." As it was, I sort of forgot how Monica got her powers in Wanda Vision so when they brought it up I was like "oh yeah."
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-24, 04:14   #40566
deadmando9
Historian

Last edited by deadmando9; 13-02-24 at 02:25.
Old 12-02-24, 15:38   #40567
perryloo
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
No, I think I've seen it on broadcast enough that it doesn't feel special anymore.

Last night we watched The Greatest Night in Pop on Netflix about making "We Are the World." It's really unbelievable the song ever got made.
I like that song.

I always though the best charity performance ever was live aid, where the best bands in 1985 got together in Britian and the USA. I now have it on DVD.

I watched most of it LIVE on TV by taking the day off work saying that I was sick LOL. With the outstanding performance by Queen that stole the show, and also Phil Collins being able to preform both in Britain and later the same day in the USA via a 1,350 mph Concorde flight over the Atlantic, a feat that would be impossible nowadays with todays slower aircraft. (You would spend more times in security and customs now, than that high speed travel achievement ).

Last edited by perryloo; 12-02-24 at 19:05.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-24, 02:26   #40568
deadmando9
Historian

Watched the Golden Voyage of Sinbad via free streaming service.
Old 13-02-24, 05:23   #40569
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmando9 View Post
I'm not going to watch the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider. She did her own take on Lara Croft instead of being true to the character that she was supposed to be portraying. Hell, the butler was way too young. Lara's butler was an old man for crying out loud.
Angelina Jolie TR - These two were some of my favourites. I just liked them for what they were. I was not comparing them, just enjoying them.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-24, 01:11   #40570
deadmando9
Historian

Everyone has their own taste in movies, I just like the actors/actresses to portray the characters as close as possible.

Watched Star Trek 6 The Undiscovered Contry via DVD.