Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 19-09-18, 00:16   #1311
TombRaiderLover

The concert was fantastic. I actually spoke to Nathan McCree himself almost immediately before the concert started. I spotted him from my seat and basically rushed over to talk to him, during which a little queue formed. Sadly I only got to speak to him briefly, during which I confessed it was me who said (in a live stream months ago) that he made me 'pregnant with his glorious music.' I think I shook his hand twice and told him it was a pleasure to meet him.

Loved the appearance of Alison Carroll and Tom George's Winston during the performance of 'The Skidoo.' Alison reappeared during the intermission and again, I was quick to pop up from my seat and interact. Folks were taking pics beside her in her Classic Lara attire. I addressed her with, 'Hey, Alison!,' my fiancee snapped a photo of us both, I said she was awesome and that was that. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to speak to Shelley Blond, but two outta three ain't bad!

As an aside, we shared the lift with a really friendly couple who complimented our TR T-shirts. The one chap was wearing a TRA top, whereas myself and my sister-in-law wore TR1 Lara and TR2 Fiamma Nera logo respectively. In a bizarre coincidence, their seats were reserved right next to ours, so we spoke plenty during the intermission (when I wasn't posing alongside Alison Carroll, anyway). The one guy was aghast when I told him I loved The Angel of Darkness!

Brilliant night.
TombRaiderLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 09:14   #1312
xdesperado_

I was there too that evening, it was very magical & surreal.

When they performed the Venice theme from TR2, I had goosebumps all over.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 12:24   #1313
Nerdy

At which time did the meet&greet stop?

I was there to but it was crowded and busy imo. Me and my friend were tired. So I took off. I am not from England btw. I took the plane the same day. And next day fly back.

Last edited by Nerdy; 19-09-18 at 20:28.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 15:06   #1314
irishhips

Is me or that it bit odd to use tr model who promoted the CD's LAU series for music that are Core...wonder were they unable get a model from Core era
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 16:38   #1315
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Is me or that it bit odd to use tr model who promoted the CD's LAU series for music that are Core...wonder were they unable get a model from Core era
I find it a tiny bit odd too, but I figure they chose her because she was a fan favorite iirc and she looked a lot like Lara.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 17:40   #1316
Aquabird

Natalie Cook was initially lined up as the model for the London CBR, but she had to cancel and Alison was her replacement. Might just have been a case of who was available, especially at fairly short notice. Then presumably they decided to keep Alison on as the model for later Suite events. I met her at the CBR and got a photo with her, she was a sweetheart. She looks fantastic in the Classic outfit in the photos from the other night, too.
Aquabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 03:04   #1317
Johnnay

Update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2305922

Digital Release is happening slowly but how it’s happening is more to do with what is mentioned above ( royalties and licensing I guess) and more

Last edited by Johnnay; 04-10-18 at 03:05.
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 08:30   #1318
Dustie

Yeah, I read the update and I can totally relate to dealing with old, unrevised, unuptaded, clunky and unreliable web applications made a decade ago which are absolutely necessary to process with something you're trying to get done except no one seems bothered to check every now and then if they're still working as they should (if they ever did!).

I suppose the mishap here is that this should have been researched before initiating the campaign and ETA extended appropriately to consider the possible time window necessary to fulfill these administrative tasks.

I'm also glad Nathan cleared up the situation with live concerts vs. album recording.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 15:32   #1319
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Nathan wrote this on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/nathan.mccr...55751458702584
I can't wait for this album. It's going to be amazing! I don't mind waiting for it either. Just release it once it's finished however long it takes. It probably won't be years.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 22:18   #1320
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
Update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2305922

Digital Release is happening slowly but how it’s happening is more to do with what is mentioned above ( royalties and licensing I guess) and more

Wow, that's just nuts! I can't believe how many hoops they have to jump through for a digital release. I wonder if we'll get the physical CD's before the digital version is released

On a side note, he looks like Clint Eastwood in the picture where he's pointing both guns at his head And Alison Carroll was my favorite TR model to begin with, but she looks downright amazing in the classic outfit!
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote