Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 25-12-19, 17:08   #11
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
Come to think of it, after all these years, some TR fans never had a chance to play those two DLCs. I'm sure there's absolutely no reason to keep it exclusive anymore (at least make it available on Windows), they prob just can't bother porting it.
Yeah, ever since the trilogy came out those haven't been possible and honestly, if they released the trilogy on the ps3 they could have released the DLC with but since when does there DLC belong Microsoft because they bought so what, it is their's they made it and they have the right to do what they want with it. If it ever ends up being possibly ported to the ps5 I think they could at least do that.

Last edited by GaviCroftREmix; 25-12-19 at 17:09.
GaviCroftREmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-19, 22:38   #12
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
So basically a few months ago I revisited this project due to new findings in the TR engine. The finding in question was in regards to relocation data.

After attempting to swap two models the game has always crashed for some reason. The cause initially was the relocation table header but after fixing this issue the game loads further but crashes at the very start.

So the question is can we port the DLC costumes to PC?

Answer: Not at this point in time. Not unless someone figures out how to swap two models in the engine. Sadly the community aren't really into experimenting with file format manipulation and I don't have the time to figure out why the game is crashing when swapping a model.

So until someone figures out how to swap 2 models in the engine the answer is not possible yet.

Cheers.
Ok so since we have the new tomb raiders I've seen you mod the definitive edition to pc which like you said this applies to meshes which generally crashes things if 2013 runs the same engine you used a patch to do so and with either DLC outfits or levels I feel like the game is size-based cause I played with your program gibbed unpacker and repack the game will crash if the two of the same Lara models are switched getting an error saying Corrupt CDRM if somehow the 2013 version is able to bypass this there has to be some code telling the game that any other file other than what is placed will result in crashing.

(whenever or when you want to is there a way to dump the error code from the game.)

Last edited by GaviCroftREmix; 25-12-19 at 22:40.
Old 26-12-19, 02:18   #13
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
Come to think of it, after all these years, some TR fans never had a chance to play those two DLCs. I'm sure there's absolutely no reason to keep it exclusive anymore (at least make it avaiable on Windows), they prob just can't bother porting it.
I've never played them.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-19, 02:41   #14
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I've never played them.
My Point Exactly the fact that no was ever to play them is sad and if did make DLC for ps3 and pc they would have more of an audience.
Old 26-12-19, 13:31   #15
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaviCroftREmix View Post
Ok so since we have the new tomb raiders I've seen you mod the definitive edition to pc which like you said this applies to meshes which generally crashes things if 2013 runs the same engine you used a patch to do so and with either DLC outfits or levels I feel like the game is size-based cause I played with your program gibbed unpacker and repack the game will crash if the two of the same Lara models are switched getting an error saying Corrupt CDRM if somehow the 2013 version is able to bypass this there has to be some code telling the game that any other file other than what is placed will result in crashing.

(whenever or when you want to is there a way to dump the error code from the game.)
It's nothing to do with the TR2013 Engine bypassing anything. Different engine versions have different file formats and semantics. Though similar, TRU's mesh format heavily relies on a relocation table where, as it's not as bad for TR2013. If you got a corrupt CDRM format error when swapping two models then you did something seriously wrong. The error in question doesn't tell you anything useful and without source code it's borderline impossible to debug. I don't believe checksums are used.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-19, 15:16   #16
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
It's nothing to do with the TR2013 Engine bypassing anything. Different engine versions have different file formats and semantics. Though similar, TRU's mesh format heavily relies on a relocation table where, as it's not as bad for TR2013. If you got a corrupt CDRM format error when swapping two models then you did something seriously wrong. The error in question doesn't tell you anything useful and without source code it's borderline impossible to debug. I don't believe checksums are used.

Cheers.
So just replacing .drm file names don't work or do I have to go further into files to do so I mean all I want to see is that if it does read DLC outfits.

(oh by the this isn't frustrating/distracting you is it)
Old 26-12-19, 15:35   #17
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
So just replacing .drm file names don't work or do I have to go further into files to do so I mean all I want to see is that if it does read DLC outfits.

(oh by the this isn't frustrating/distracting you is it)
You can't just swap two DRM files, that's not how the engine works and it will crash anyway.

You need to unpack the DRM file and then repack it after switching the model section and updating its relocation table which will result in the same crash I get. If someone resolves the crash I will definitely look into porting the X360 DLC character models to PC.

Cheers.
Old 26-12-19, 16:17   #18
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
You can't just swap two DRM files, that's not how the engine works and it will crash anyway.

You need to unpack the DRM file and then repack it after switching the model section and updating its relocation table which will result in the same crash I get. If someone resolves the crash I will definitely look into porting the X360 DLC character models to PC.

Cheers.
the obj file would be the model section right or is a group of files.
Old 26-12-19, 16:21   #19
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
the obj file would be the model section right or is a group of files.
There is no obj file. It's just a section of the DRM which is tagged as being a model.

Cheers.
Old 26-12-19, 17:56   #20
GaviCroftREmix

Quote:
There is no obj file. It's just a section of the DRM which is tagged as being a model.

Cheers.
You don't happen to somehow know them, do you? also, I tried to use the cdrm and drm.exe and for the Xbox ver. it doesn't extract it instantly closes out when doing so.