Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-08-21, 02:55   #17131
Fantasy

What was the point of the modern storyline in Origins?
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 16:40   #17132
crowhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
What was the point of the modern storyline in Origins?
All it does is introduce Layla. It was clear that the writers at Ubisoft were running out of ideas since all Origins tells us is that, if you explore all First Civ sites throughout Egypt, the apocalypse Desmond stopped from happening in AC3 is destined to keep repeating itself over and over at varying intervals in history. And (for reasons unknown at the time until Valhalla explained it properly) that Layla was the one who was supposed to find a fix and ensure the catastrophes never happen again. Hell, even Odyssey suffers from the same issue. It refuses to acknowledge Origins whatsoever. We get one singular reference to the world being destined to end again, but it's buried under the sloppiest of writing in the Atlantis DLC.

Last edited by crowhazard; 01-08-21 at 16:43.
crowhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 21:31   #17133
Vaskito

Jesus Christ, I'm loving Odyssey, but if there's one thing I actually hate about it is the riddles. They are so bad when compared to Origins' Papyrus. Most of the times the descriptions in them in Odyssey are lacking important information, or outright wrong and/or too vague. Telling you to go south of a temple, when it's actually southwest. Telling you to follow a road to a beach when it's actually in a cave entrance with no road whatsoever leading to it. In Origins I tried to solve the papyrus by myself, but after the endless errors in Odyssey I no longer care and look them up on youtube
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 16:51   #17134
ANoDE
Golden

There will be an Update to the River Raids campaign this summer. Honestly, who asked for this? This is the most stupid, grindy, boring and unrewarding thing in the game. I can't believe there were people asking for MORE content for this mode. Disabling it altogether would have been my choice honestly.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 19:16   #17135
Yeauxleaux

I'm not surprised because I did always think it looked like there should be more rivers. When you go to the river raids map to select which river you want to go to, it shows this huge map of northwestern Europe and then there's just 3 rivers all close together all in England.

I think they could do more to make the mode more interesting and varied, it is very repetitive, but I don't really mind it when I just want to blow off a couple of hours without getting too entangled in the game's story.

As always though I have to say it, priorities. There's definitely bigger and more important **** that needs patching or updating in this game than river raids. That is a very fair point.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 22:13   #17136
Fantasy

I finally got around to finishing the DLC for Origins today, it was so much fun. It went absolutely batshit crazy from the beginning though. The final boss battle was a nightmare to get through 💀
Old 10-08-21, 04:19   #17137
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
I finally got around to finishing the DLC for Origins today, it was so much fun. It went absolutely batshit crazy from the beginning though. The final boss battle was a nightmare to get through 💀
I always start Origins and Odyssey all over again from the beginning of the base game campaign, intending to play through to the end of the DLC, then never do because these games give me burnout before I get that far.

I played the first DLC, the one in the Sinai, but never completed the second. I should really just boot the game up and start from the DLC but if I have no save data I won't be levelled up enough.
Old 10-08-21, 06:52   #17138
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I always start Origins and Odyssey all over again from the beginning of the base game campaign, intending to play through to the end of the DLC, then never do because these games give me burnout before I get that far.

I played the first DLC, the one in the Sinai, but never completed the second. I should really just boot the game up and start from the DLC but if I have no save data I won't be levelled up enough.
You can boost to level 45 so you can just play the DLC. Start a new game, quit to the main menu and then go to load game. The option should be there. The second DLC was so good, you should definitely try it
Old 10-08-21, 13:18   #17139
Vaskito

Quote:
My EXACT thoughts when I played that DLC. That they went complete batshit with it!
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 22:01   #17140
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
You can boost to level 45 so you can just play the DLC. Start a new game, quit to the main menu and then go to load game. The option should be there. The second DLC was so good, you should definitely try it
Is that possible without paying money into ****** microtransactions though?

Currently playing AC Liberation and oh my god, that canoe in chapter 6-1 might actually be worse than Tomb Raider 3's kayak in Madubu Gorge. Why do the steering controls keep randomly and unpredictably switching from normal to inverted? I'll steer right one second and it steers right, the next second I go to steer right again and it's like "nope, left.", straight into the side of the cave for some damage.

No game should ever attempt to implement a canoe or a kayak ever again.

Otherwise, underrated game tho. We love sassy French accents, Unity wishes. Aveline is awesome too.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 12-08-21 at 22:12.