www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 31-12-16, 18:35   #31
scion05
Tomb Raider

Even live it felt like some of the music was 'equalised' in a way that held back just slightly, but then again, the sound wasn't as loud in the venue as most shows I've attended.

Still a fabulous evening however
Old 01-01-17, 19:46   #32
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Guys from the Polish Tomb Raider fan site Laracroft.pl went to London to attend the concert and also to Derby, here's a video of their trip:

Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 00:16   #33
Johnnycake
Hobbyist

What has happened to the cd they were gonna be released? Anyone know any news? It's been ages ☹️
Johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 12:40   #34
Zebra
Legend

Apparently, there'll be a Kickstarter campaign in May to fund the studio recordings of the Suite:

I'm glad we'll finally be getting studio versions (if the campaign succeeds but I'm sure it will) but I'm also kind of annoyed that Square apparently didn't want to just fund it themselves .
Old 24-04-17, 13:56   #35
Heartache
Professor

i really hope cutscene musictracks will finally be released with this suite
Old 25-04-17, 09:44   #36
Helegad
Explorer

When's the trilogy music release happening?
Old 25-04-17, 09:50   #37
Zebra
Legend

First there's the Kickstarter in May (which, he said mid-May and KS campaigns run for a month, I believe, so the campaign won't be over till June). If that reaches its funding goal, the soundtrack will then still have to be recorded in a studio, so I'd imagine that it'll be a couple of months before we'll see a release.

Last edited by Zebra; 25-04-17 at 12:04.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-17, 10:41   #38
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I'll happily donate, even though we shouldn't have to for this to release, seeing as how it was promised...
Old 25-04-17, 23:40   #39
Helegad
Explorer

I appreciate the electronic influences in TR III's soundtrack. I hope it doesn't go totally orchestral.
Old 26-04-17, 03:30   #40
Kapu
Professor

There has never been a Kickstarter campaign which I have been so eager to throw my money at. It feels like so much time has passed since the original concert (though it's only been a few months, I suppose) and I was beginning to worry a CD would not end up following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I'm glad we'll finally be getting studio versions (if the campaign succeeds but I'm sure it will) but I'm also kind of annoyed that Square apparently didn't want to just fund it themselves .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan McCree interview with Daryl Baxter
I’ve got the licence from Square Enix to exploit the original soundtrack from the games as I see fit. Now that I’ve used the music for an event, I have that licence for seven years. So now it’s the album. At the moment I am focusing on ‘The Tomb Raider Suite’, but I’m also considering releasing the original synthesised versions as they are in the actual game.
Square funding the project would certainly eliminate the (uncomfortable) uncertainty of the project getting off the ground, but I can understand why they aren't when you take this information into account. My guess? Nathan pitched the concert/album idea and Square approved, but granted a license rather than contributing to the project themselves. Why? Poor sales from the commercially sold TR2013 soundtrack. If it had been profitable, RoTR would have gotten the same commercial treatment...instead they released it for free. I'm just spit balling, but it does seem plausible, doesn't it? What they're missing is how passionate people are about the original soundtracks. So many people have such a personal, tangible connection to the music Nathan composed for TR. Those original scores are nothing like Jason Graves' lackluster drums-and-stings compositions, or ‎Bobby Tahouri painfully generic soundtrack...perhaps the Square people just aren't seeing that.

Last edited by Kapu; 26-04-17 at 03:37.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote