www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 12-01-20, 12:09   #81
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
hmm what person as turned "prefer 32-bit" while TombEditor and the tool are for 64bit in the first place
I am wondering myself... It seems this flag was the reason why we had problems with assimp bitness too. But it was turned on for SoundTool release mode too, probably it's default setting in VS?
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 13:57   #82
SSJ6Wolf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
I am wondering myself... It seems this flag was the reason why we had problems with assimp bitness too. But it was turned on for SoundTool release mode too, probably it's default setting in VS?
Yes, according to the comment by Dave on this answer it is enabled by default.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 15:55   #83
JMN
Explorer

Regarding importing animations from Blender, I've tried renaming the bones but I get the same issue with rotations being messed up. Rather it seems the wrong bones are animating.

Here's a simple test animation with only Lara's head (mesh 14) rotating. In WadTool, Lara's left thigh (mesh 1) is rotating instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r60eyb7au3...00121.zip?dl=1
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 16:36   #84
Lwmte
Archaeologist

You have renamed bones incorrectly.
Instead of naming them like "mesh_1, mesh_2" etc, name them like "mesh_01, mesh_02" etc. Then they will be sorted properly.

Although I have expected someone will report this as a bug, so maybe in the future I will try to introduce sorting which will work without leading 0s.

Edit: I have implemented alphanumeric sorting, but now I get bone #2 (lower part of left leg) actually animating. I suspect you've placed your bones in wrong order in Blender. Naturally, head should be bone #14 (last one), not bone #2. Refer to either WT skeleton editor or TRViewer's meshtree output in .3ds files to understand the order of bones.

Last edited by Lwmte; 21-01-20 at 17:30.
Old 21-01-20, 17:37   #85
JMN
Explorer

Correct bones are animating now, but leg and arm rotations are still messy. Also can't get Lara's butt (mesh 0) to move, only rotate. Guess I'll have to play around some more with the import/export settings?

Regarding your edit, if you check in Blender the meshes are forming a mesh-tree, not a flat list. However, as I said correct bones are at least animating now after renaming to mesh_01, mesh_02, etc.
Old 21-01-20, 17:52   #86
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Yeah, that's why I've introduced name sorting in the first place, Blender greatly messes up bone export order, which becomes even more messed up after importing with assimp.

If you export to collada, make sure you check "swap x/z" in options. Blender should have this option. Apart from that, I don't know why root bone isn't moving.
Old 21-01-20, 20:41   #87
JMN
Explorer

Still playing around with import/export settings, but so far nothing seems to fix the wrong rotations. Root bone not moving might be due to wrong scale. I can see a tiny bit of movement in WadTool.
Old 21-01-20, 22:21   #88
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Hmm, that's right, scale isn't accounted with animation import, I will fix it
Old 22-01-20, 03:17   #89
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist

Hi!

I edited one outfit for Lara but I need to change its textures, unfortunately it seems I deleted the original .wad and now all that remains for me is the .wad2 file, which I can't open with Strpix.

So, can I edit .wad2 object textures with some tool like Strpix? Or is there any way to export only Lara_Skin object so I can open with Strpix? Thanks.
Old 22-01-20, 03:41   #90
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Currently there's no way to directly edit textures in WT, and also it's not possible to export your 3D assets to any file format to be read by any other software That's a shame, and export feature is long-requested, but as I said earlier, all people who were involved with TE/WT are now dragged to T5M development, so you may need to wait for these features to appear in WT.

For now, I can only think of compiling your wad to dummy .tr4 level and then try to export models from it with utils like TRViewer and/or WM, but there's a problem in that these tools can't read texture coordinates properly.

Since TRViewer source code is available and IIRC it was maintained by sapper, probably best bet is to ask him to update TRViewer so it reads tex coords correctly, then open your dummy level in it, export your model to .3ds and re-import it via WadViewer or directly edit it in any 3D software and then re-import back into WT. I will ask sapper in Discord if he's able to do that.