Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 27-01-20, 13:25   #11
Grizzly Bear

It's interesting to see how fast China are building special hospitals for this, I didn't even think it was possible to do so; we just have to hope it doesn't spread too much otherwise the situation is going be even more tragic than it is now.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 29-01-20 at 16:15.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-20, 17:13   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
It's interesting to see how fast China are building special hospitals for this, I didn't even think it was possible to do so; we just have to hope it doesn't spread too much otherwise the situation is going be even more tragic than it is now.
Its all down to man power in China, as they have a lot of it, drafted in quick under central government control. I better add woman power too, not so much for politically correctness, but for the fact that women do a lot of labour as well in the Far east.

What is also happening according to the news in China is that villages are unofficially closing themselves off, by putting barriers up on roads to prevent outsiders coming in. A bit like what villages did in the 'black death' plague in Europe during the middle ages by isolating themselves off.

Just hope it all gets under control soon, not only in China, but also internationally.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 28-01-20 at 20:10.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 10:46   #13
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Sorry for a double post but it is 4 days later....as long as its not '28 days later' (zombie plague film)

It seems that that countries are flying home their countrymen, ex-pats or those caught up in China on holiday, business, etc. Each are using different methods of isolation, with hospitalisation/quarantine (good) or self imposed isolation in their homes (not so good, as it could spread easier).

To me Australia has got it right by isolation all homecomer's on Christmas Island, and keeping them there till they are cleared, and then returning them to the Australian mainland.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 30-01-20 at 10:48.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 11:16   #14
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
To me Australia has got it right by isolation all homecomer's on Christmas Island, and keeping them there till they are cleared, and then returning them to the Australian mainland.
Australia is also the first to recreate the virus. That could lead to a possible vaccine in the future.

CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 11:28   #15
Tomb Raidering

Smile

^
Great news!

Hopefully this dilemma will end ASAP.....
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 12:58   #16
DragonSlayer

Has anyone seen the video where someone says she's going to save her boyfriend from the coronavirus by pouring all of his Corona beer down the sink, she then claims that they invented the sweet and sour virus, I think I saw it on Facebook.

I saw it in this morning's newspaper that an American televangelist is blaming transgender children for the coronavirus and for some reason thinks that the filth and immorality in American movies and TV are the causes of what he calls this divine plague.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 15:38   #17
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Has anyone seen the video where someone says she's going to save her boyfriend from the coronavirus by pouring all of his Corona beer down the sink, she then claims that they invented the sweet and sour virus, I think I saw it on Facebook.

I saw it in this morning's newspaper that an American televangelist is blaming transgender children for the coronavirus and for some reason thinks that the filth and immorality in American movies and TV are the causes of what he calls this divine plague.
Hahaha not to make jest of this very serious issue, but every time
I see “Corona virus” my brain says “Corolla virus” and I immediately think Toyota.

There’s too many wacky religious people in America with too much time on their hands to make up stuff like that. Trump’s religious lady he has for whatever position in the government recently said that anyone against Trump is satanic and that she’s praying for their satanic babies to be aborted and miscarried. We really are living in some sad, vintage Salem Witch Trials era of suspicion and hatred.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 18:49   #18
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Slightly off topic.

If only hospitals could be built that fast here in Ireland, a children's hospital being built in Dublin has been hit with another delay, I'm looking at the picture of the site where the hospital is being built on the Irish Times website and it looks only the foundation and nothing else has been built.

The Irish government should look at how things are done in other countries and just replicate that here, if they tried hard enough they could get hospitals built very quickly instead of having months of meetings just to decide where to build a hospital.

Regardless of what is being built or repaired here in Ireland it always takes a very long time for anything to get done and that's just once it starts, a few years ago not too far from my house workmen were working on a road for almost a year 6 days a week when they finished the road looked exactly like it had before they started with no obvious difference between when they started and when they finished.

6 years ago during a storm several bricks were torn off a building during high wind they cleaned up and sealed off the area where the bricks landed on the ground and a year later came back to replace the bricks that fell from the top of the building, granted it can take a while to gather together the scaffolding and the bricks that would be needed but waiting a year to do something that wouldn't take long is crazy.

I remember a few years ago in Japan I think it was after the earthquake in less than a week they had repaired and reopened a road that had been damaged, if that happened anywhere else in the world months would be wasted on conducting a safety assessment before any work would be done.

If they made more of an effort things would get done a lot more quickly than they are right now.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 21:39   #19
SnatchingEdges

Now in La Gomera (near my island) there are five people quarantined because they have symptoms.

Jfc we are isolated, always the last ones for everything except for this
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 02:07   #20
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Given the overwhelming rise of infection and the number of deaths already attributed to the virus, I don't think they have a choice in the matter. Most developed nations can do the same thing if need be. Remember that the Hospital in Beijing was built in 6 days during the SARS crisis.

Currently, China has a bit under 10,000 cases of the Coronavirus infection and over 200 deaths in total.

The WHO has now declared the Coronavirus pandemic a World Emergency:

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...an-virus-china

Here in Canada, we have three confirmed cases; Two are an Elderly couple from Toronto who contracted it through their visit to Wuhan China and another one in BC where someone contracted it through a business trip to China.

And as always, humanity manages to both impress and disappoint me at the same time.

Positive: Humanity responded to the issue in record time and have contained it thereby reducing the chance to further infections.

Negative: Your average moron on the street just HAS to make it a race based issue:

Last edited by Catapharact; 31-01-20 at 11:51.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote