Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 15-07-20, 18:22   #41
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
Pretty much like you, most of the times I'm part of the dream somehow, either as a protagonist, or an extra, as myself, or someone else or a mix of both, though the 50 Shades dream felt like watching through VR, with it being "right in my face".

I relate so much to the second paragraph, particularly when I dream about music. I remember dreaming of known songs, but original songs are always gone, which sucks.
I forgot to ask you earlier when you had that dream about Christian being swallowed by Anastasia had you by any chance been watching the movie The Faculty, your dream to me suggests that you were watching that movie at the time you had the dream.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-20, 19:10   #42
Blue_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I forgot to ask you earlier when you had that dream about Christian being swallowed by Anastasia had you by any chance been watching the movie The Faculty, your dream to me suggests that you were watching that movie at the time you had the dream.
Not that I'm aware of, I don't think I ever watched that movie. I think my brain must have got some residual memory from this SCP entry I once read (the official page has a new image, so I'll share this link, which still has the original one) -> https://fundacao-scp.fandom.com/pt/wiki/SCP-031
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-20, 01:42   #43
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
Not that I'm aware of, I don't think I ever watched that movie. I think my brain must have got some residual memory from this SCP entry I once read (the official page has a new image, so I'll share this link, which still has the original one) -> https://fundacao-scp.fandom.com/pt/wiki/SCP-031
The picture in that link is like something out of The Twilight Zone, you should definitely watch The Faculty at some point I think it came out back in 1998 it was 2018 or 2019 before I saw it.
Old 17-07-20, 12:43   #44
ThirteenCroft

I had a dream last night...

It was about the LAU Trilogy remastered. I remember playing Legend first, Lara's model was the one from Underworld (with Legend's clothes) so there was a consistency between the games. But her face texture was remade, her hands weren't ridiculously big. I loaded Croft Manor first, the manor was basically the same with updated lighting, textures etc...

Winston was walking around instead of standing still next to the fireplace, and you could press Square/X to talk with him. I came to talk with him next to the door leading to the gymnasium corridor. He was dusting off the painting just next to the door. Zip was still working on his computer but there was the Square/X prompt button next to him (à la Reboot) so it was possible to make Lara and him have a conversation. I was so glad to hear Lara's iconic French VA one last time (Francoise Cadol, TR1 to LCTOO), they literally created new lines of dialogues when remaking the games.

I remember loading up my latest savefile, I was in Peru just after the first cutscene. I was playing as Lara, making her roll, jump, shoot the dummy bag. Everything was so beautiful, the lighting omggg.
Even her animations were updated, it was soooo realistic.

Then I arrived to Anaya, and the game switched language to English. Anaya started to talk (I wasn't bothered it was in English) then...I noticed they replaced Keeley Hawes. All Lara's dialogues were actually re-recorded by another actress, and her voice was so different compared to Keeley's own voice. A bit huskey-like and mature. A mixture between Jennifer Laurence and Chloe Frazer from Uncharted. Though her british accent was spot on. But it was so distracting, and so sad at the same time.

Then I woke up
(Sorry if there are spelling mistakes or anything else)

Last edited by ThirteenCroft; 17-07-20 at 16:25.
ThirteenCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-20, 14:41   #45
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenCroft View Post
I had a dream last night...

It was about the LAU Trilogy remastered. I remember playing Legend first, Lara's model was the one from Underworld (with Legend's clothes) so there was a consistency between the games. But her face texture was remade, her hands weren't giants too. I loaded Croft Manor first, the manor was basically the same with updated lighting, textures etc...

Winston was walking around instead of standing still next to the fireplace, and you could press Square/X to talk with him. I came to talk with him next to the door leading to the gymnasium corridor. He was dusting off the painting just next to the door. Zip was still working on his computer but there was the Square/X prompt button next to him (à la Reboot) so it was possible to make Lara and him have a conversation. I was so glad to hear Lara's iconic French VA one last time (Francoise Cadol, TR1 to LCTOO), they literally created new lines of dialogues when remaking the games.

I remember loading up my latest savefile, I was in Peru just after the first cutscene. I was playing as Lara, making her roll, jump, shoot the dummy bag. Everything was so beautiful, the lighting omggg.
Even her animations were updated, it was soooo realistic.

Then I arrived to Anaya, and the game switched language to English. Anaya started to talk (I wasn't bothered it was in English) then...I noticed they replaced Keeley Hawes. All Lara's dialogues were actually re-recorded by another actress, and her voice was so different compared to Keeley's own voice. A bit huskey-like and mature. A mixture between Jennifer Laurence and Chloe Frazer from Uncharted. Though her british accent was spot on. But it was so distracting, and so sad at the same time.

Then I woke up
(Sorry if there are spelling mistakes or anything else)
This was pretty interesting, except for the part Keeley was replaced.
I didn't see any spelling mistakes there, so don't worry about it.

I also played Underworld today in my low end machine running smoothly! Oh no, wait, it was a dream too good to be true.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-20, 20:21   #46
Blackmoor

I have 3 recurring dreams. 2 are kind of nightmares and other is just odd.

1 - I'm back at university and haven't studied for some exam and I've been there at the university for many years and everyone I knew has left but I'm still having to take the exams.

2 - I'm in a city trying to catch a train back home and yet somehow I end up lost in a maze of train tracks which inevitably seem to lead way up high in the sky where I'm balancing on very narrow tracks about to fall.

3 - I find myself back at this apartment that I only know from my dreams. It's a really nice place located in some area of a city with lots of nightlife, but for some reason I need to move out. Either because it's only a holiday rental and I need to go back home, or I have to move for some other reason. It's gotten to the stage where when I see it in my dreams now I kind of recognize that I'm there, back in the dream apartment. I realise that I'm dreaming.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 12:20   #47
DragonSlayer

I had 3 dreams during the night but can only remember two of them.

1 I was watching TV with some of the cast of Gogglebox Ireland.

2 My email Inbox turned into a physical inbox and emails appeared and started to cover my desk,it was mostly spam so I just threw it into the bin, the emails that weren't spam I didn't bother reading.
Old 18-07-20, 12:30   #48
TRfan23
Golden

Mine are mostly sexual, it's so weird but it's with a work colleague who I am rather attracted to so I don't mind Not sure how he'd feel if I told him though.

I find I can self-induce a nightmare by sleeping with my face against the pillow. I don't understand how it works but it's usually a very quick jump scare.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 13:29   #49
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfan23 View Post
Mine are mostly sexual, it's so weird but it's with a work colleague who I am rather attracted to so I don't mind Not sure how he'd feel if I told him though.

I find I can self-induce a nightmare by sleeping with my face against the pillow. I don't understand how it works but it's usually a very quick jump scare.
Yes! For me, it's if I lay on my back I will most likely fall right into sleep paralysis...
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-20, 13:47   #50
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfan23 View Post
If you're falling asleep with your face pressed against a pillow, your brain could be sending safety/survival signals in the form of a jump scare nightmare in order to wake you up. I've had such dreams. I had a dream a few days ago of being attacked by spiders, I woke up suddenly, with my face pressed against the pillow and my sinuses feeling uncomfortably blocked. Another time a few years ago, I dreamt I was drowning. It felt very real in my dream, I was gasping for air. I woke cocooned in my duvet, face covered, literally feeling unable to breath.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote