Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations > In Memoriam

Old 11-10-21, 22:17   #231
jeffrey van oort

I've played one of the TRLE levels that TheGreatChi made when I was little. I think that it is great work. I still think so. Fairwell.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 22:20   #232
Nenya awakens
Golden

Ah, that’s sad. RIP The Great Chi. Live forever in the afterlife.
Nenya awakens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 13:34   #233
ZikShadow

I haven't been posting here for the longest time, but it's always a hoot whenever I lurk a thread and see Chi being around. Farewell, you magnificent person.
ZikShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 11:49   #234
thewolf
Golden

Coming back to the forum after many months. It's been now almost 1 year since The Great Chi logged in for the last time to write his last message.

I still can't believe that you passed away Conversations were always so much fun with you. Solving mysteries in the Tomb Raider world and discovering the unknown together. Such good memories

You will always be missed my old friend

Rest in piece The Great Chi
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 07:26   #235
RAID

Just read his secret message. It's heartbreaking.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 22:31   #236
noonbob

I didn't search for the message last year, but I have now
He is somewhere on those Floating Islands.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-22, 23:15   #237
SLAYER

I've just found out.
I always enjoyed his threads, and wondered why he stopped making new posts.

RIP Chi :'(
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 16:20   #238
Sir Launcelot

I remember all the cool stuff he posted about looking at hidden things in Legend and TRA. He was definitely a top-tier TRF member.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 22:19   #239
Patrick Shannon

I still miss The Great Chi so much... it was such a golden age here on the forums, exploring hidden areas on the game maps with him... I also miss rr_carroll... those were the days!
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-22, 04:51   #240
xtimz

I'm shocked. I haven't looked at the forum carefully for a long time. Today I was trying to find the sports board to find the result of UEFA Champion League Final (I failed, but don't worry, I found on some other forum), but I found this! It's so unreal to me. Chi, the Great, is such an optimistic and humorous guy that I think he must be very young. But now I think twice, he's also very polite, very knowledgeable, and has the very willingness to help and encourage people, much like a nice old gentelman, like rrcarroll, who is knowledgeable not only on computer science, but also on human life.
Chi, the Great, and I are both some sort of secret person who never talk about personal life. He... I don't know his reason, it might be his character. I know my reason: l'm not a native speaker so I don't know where to put that information. So I put it here. I was born on 1978, in Beijing of China. I currently face some problem of high blood pressure (145-95), and that's why I rarely come to the forum.
So, where am I? Oh yes, both Chi and I are secret person who never talk about other things, but only focus on games. A simple search shows we talked about the "kill-all triggers" of TR3 and TR4, the invisible electric box in TR3Gold, the unreachable pickup in TR4, and the explosion of Lara in TR3 with Patrick Shannon. Chi was so innovative that again made me think he must be very young. But like it's said in the movie of 007, age is no guarantee of experience, and youth is no guarantee of innovation. So... Oh yes, Chi was so innovative and always encouraged me. Rest in peace, my friend.
xtimz is online now   Reply With Quote