www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 18-05-22, 22:40   #391
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Saints Row is a new vision but with the same brand of absurd humour and offbeat action
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...at-action.html

Saints Row gameplay, 17 minutes of stunts, wingsuits, customisation and wanton violence
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-violence.html
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 15:39   #392
rewak
Professor

Got my hands on a PS5! Total luck, wasn't actively seeking one but saw a few days ago one of the bigger stores here had them in stock online and figured why the heck not? With some upcoming games dropping PS4 versions I'm expecting more unannounced games to be PS5 only, and with next month typically being big announcement month it seemed like the right time to make the jump. Now I just need to wait for all my save data to transfer over
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 13:27   #393
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Got my hands on a PS5! Total luck, wasn't actively seeking one but saw a few days ago one of the bigger stores here had them in stock online and figured why the heck not? With some upcoming games dropping PS4 versions I'm expecting more unannounced games to be PS5 only, and with next month typically being big announcement month it seemed like the right time to make the jump. Now I just need to wait for all my save data to transfer over
Congrats!!! At first I didn’t want to play mine I left it in the box for awhile because I was still in shock that I owned one but it is definitely worth it. Word of caution though, if you are using a extension cord or anything make sure it’s a good and strong one. I used one that was working just fine for my Pro, and tried to use it for my PS5 and it crashed my PS5, and I had to start everything over from the beginning (because I didn’t back anything up). Now I have everything backed up lol.
Old 21-05-22, 21:03   #394
rewak
Professor

Luckily the lead supplied was long enough for me I've only tried a few games so far, The Matrix demo and The Medium being the only 2 exclusive titles. The Matrix was impressive, I'm looking forward to seeing what Unreal 5 will bring to this generation. Even though it's a tech demo the detail in the city was crazy, and being able to zoom right in on anything you wanted showed just how much detail they were able to cram into it. The Medium had some nice lighting but it didn't wow me honestly, the split screen dual reality thing is cool but I wouldn't call it "next gen". I've tried Cyberpunk and Death Stranding too, those are impressive compared to their PS4 versions, Cyberpunk especially. The adaptive triggers really do add something, it's a little odd feeling at first but it starts feeling natural pretty quickly. The load times are just insane, having played both games on PS4 a fair amount before I was used to waiting a minute or two but both load up in under 10 seconds, it's nuts! The bump in visual quality is beautiful too, again in Cyberpunk especially, but I honestly didn't see any benefit to using the ray tracing mode in that game? I just didn't see any better detail or reflections going on and it's not like the world isn't filled with stuff that could be reflecting some kind of lighting. Performance mode puts out a rock solid 4K 60fps though so I'm more than happy to just stick with that, it's just a tad better than what the PS4 version could manage
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 21:08   #395
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

Some preview screenshots of PS1 games on the revamped PS+ service have been released. https://www.resetera.com/threads/mor...ilters.586328/
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 21:39   #396
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
Some preview screenshots of PS1 games on the revamped PS+ service have been released. https://www.resetera.com/threads/mor...ilters.586328/
I'm glad there are options for aspect ratios. I expect normies to just stretch everything.

Question - Do people prefer the PS5 or PS4 controller?

I think I prefer the PS4 one. The battery is equally **** on both and I do not care for the haptics of PS5. L1 and R1 are slightly easier to reach on the PS4 controller (since I use my index fingers for the triggers), the touchpad is slightly smaller (which I'm surprised they increased the size of that ugly thing when no developers even use it ) and even though I like two-tone black and white styles, the all-black finish of the PS4 controller is much nicer.

Last edited by _Seth; 23-05-22 at 13:14.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 22:50   #397
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

The DualShock 4 was a good step-up, personally I never liked using the PS3 controller. I have quite big hands, and I felt like a giant using it.

However the DualSense is my favourite, I like that it's a bit larger but still feels somewhat light to hold. And I like how the buttons feel, particularly the shoulder buttons.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-22, 15:01   #398
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

PS1 games on PS Plus will have save states, a rewind feature and CRT filters
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...t-filters.html

One PS2 game I'd like to see on the new PS Plus is The Sims Bustin Out which is unplayable on my first PS3 due to requiring a memory card, I read somewhere years ago that there was an adaptor that connected to the PS3 that allowed the use of memory cards, the only GAME store near me never had it in stock.

My first PS3 can still play PS2 games because I bought a second PS3 with a bigger hard drive because I couldn't be bothered upgrading the hard drive on my first PS3 and because I didn't want to wreck my PS3 by trying to upgrade the hard drive.

It was quicker and easier to buy a new PS3 rather than attempt to upgrade the hard drive.

Sony should have had a memory card slot on the PS3 especially as backwards compatibility was a big feature of the PS3.

The only other feature that I would have added to the PS3 is the capture gallery which is something I wanted on the PS3 long before the PS4 was released.
Old 24-05-22, 10:32   #399
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

MGS4 needs to be remastered now more than ever
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/me...emake-opinion/
Old 24-05-22, 12:05   #400
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

So all the first party classics added to the Asian stores are PAL!? Even in NTSC regions??? Oh, my. Let's hope they do something about it.