www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 30-04-08, 00:40   #1
phoolee13
Hobbyist

Question Modding on Mac's...

So yes, I'm sure you think I'm a loser for owning a Mac, BUT do the mods work on the Mac version of Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition?

Perhaps there is a folder where I can place the tpf files?

Han
phoolee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 00:52   #2
Larapink
Tomb Raider

I don't own a mac, but you can try to load a mod with textmod and see if it works with your game.

Just download textmod, find an outfit you like then try to run it go here:http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tran/modding/index.html
Old 30-04-08, 01:52   #3
irjudd
Tomb Raider

As far as I know, Texmod is only available in Executable format. As such you'd probably have to be running windows on your mac with a windows copy of TRA for it to work.
irjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 03:25   #4
SamReeves
Tomb Raider

I agree with the above. If you have an Intel based Mac, load Windows via Boot Camp and you'll be in a better position to mod.
SamReeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 03:40   #5
phoolee13
Hobbyist

Is there anyway that the mods work without TexMod thing???? (I'm dying to have these mods work... Does the TexMod thing have to be running during game play? If not, I guess that I will be buying a windows copy for my home computer.... :-(
Old 30-04-08, 03:42   #6
phoolee13
Hobbyist

I used to mod UT 2004... and the mod files just went into "skin" folders... I am coming to realize that Tomb Raider is MUCH different...
Old 30-04-08, 05:27   #7
Zac Medley
Inactive

Location: In a Lovre Gallery air conditioning duct with Lara...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoolee13 View Post
Is there anyway that the mods work without TexMod thing???? (I'm dying to have these mods work... Does the TexMod thing have to be running during game play? If not, I guess that I will be buying a windows copy for my home computer.... :-(
There is a whole 'nother approach to modding TRA and TRL using Tomb Ripper that might work (emphasis on might).

TexMod intercepts the the graphics output from the game and modifies it before it is displayed, so it has to be running during game play. The advantage of this is that the game files are never actually modified.

Tomb Ripper is the "old fashioned" approach in which you directly edit the game files (.BIG). Read the tutorial here, and see what format the games files are in on your MAC version.

Make sure you make backup copies of your game files before you rip them though.
Zac Medley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 05:41   #8
phoolee13
Hobbyist

Zac,
Since I'm new to the Tomb Raider dealeo... Where do I find such files? Also, I wish that I could use Tomb Ripper... But unless they have a Mac version or a way to convert the tpf files to .Big (?) files, I can't do it on my Mac... Thank you for the help though!
Old 30-04-08, 05:43   #9
Zac Medley
Inactive

Location: In a Lovre Gallery air conditioning duct with Lara...

Can you try to use Tomb Ripper in a Windows emulator? (or virtual environment) I'm a Linux person and we have emulators for just about everything.
Zac Medley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 05:52   #10
phoolee13
Hobbyist

Would that work? (I guess what I'm asking is WHAT exactly does Tomb Ripper do to the files? And what exactly are they replacing?) [yes... I'm a noob at this!]

I know that Tomb Ripper doesn't run while the game is played... Could I use my windows computer to convert and then transfer to my Mac?