www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 16-04-22, 21:47   #25921
Wools
Hobbyist

I feel great today, as not only have I had a great day out with my Wife and friends on an uncharacteristically sunny bank holiday, but I re-discovered the TR Forums!

I signed up years ago but haven't visitied for awhile. After completing Rise of the Tomb Raider and wanting more, I discovered a mod for TR that tidied up the game and added widescreen support, I played through the game and wanted to dive deep on discussion.

The original game is so atmospheric and haunting, I find myself thinking about it frequently, but it's been so long since I played. What a game!
Wools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 23:07   #25922
DionysiasSoada
Hobbyist

Rested and relaxed - not too long ago tax busy season wrapped up so I'm back to regular hours. I'm hoping this'll be my last though and can find a position with a better work-life balance.

Been reading a new webcomic I really like too! Maybe I can salvage my Webcomic thread and add it to the list once I'm caught up haha
Old 24-04-22, 06:41   #25923
DVDSpike
Professor

I have been really sick over the last few days and it's severely interrupted my sleep. I can't sleep properly because I just can't stop coughing. So I'm not feeling too good.
Old 26-04-22, 07:43   #25924
Shirley_Manson
Professor

Nvm.......... . . . .

Last edited by Shirley_Manson; 26-04-22 at 11:23.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-22, 15:58   #25925
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'm having one of those bad luck days. Knocked over stuff multiple times today and feel like an idiot. Family looking at me like I'm crazy.
I'm currently having one of those days. I swear I've dropped every single thing Ive picked up. Thank goodness for my phone case!
Old 28-04-22, 17:56   #25926
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I'm so ****ing sick and tired of rich people. I cannot believe it, that little house that my family was forced out of a few months ago is currently going for a million dollars. The pictures on the realtors website shows that they completely modernized the look and put in stuff like marble and a lot of high tech stuff. It's unbelievable, that house was supposed to be for middle class families, but now only someone rich can afford that house.

The gentrification of middle class neighborhoods is ridiculous.
Old 28-04-22, 18:45   #25927
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

it annoys me when someone puts unnecessary music on a YouTube video that doesn't need it.

Last night I looked up the scene from the movie Gravity just before she makes it back to Earth and the music was so loud that I couldn't hear anything that was going on in the video.

Anyone else ever get annoyed by unnecessary music on YouTube videos?
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-22, 19:46   #25928
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
it annoys me when someone puts unnecessary music on a YouTube video that doesn't need it.

Last night I looked up the scene from the movie Gravity just before she makes it back to Earth and the music was so loud that I couldn't hear anything that was going on in the video.

Anyone else ever get annoyed by unnecessary music on YouTube videos?
It depends on what it is, but more often than not yes.

When I really can't stand it is when it's like a video tutorial or something. I'm a visual guy and it's just distracting to have that playing in the background, even if it's not making my ears bleed.

One of the few times I'm ok with it is for stuff like gaming related stuff, since that's typically chill time for me anyway. Again, as long as it isn't obnoxiously loud.
Old 28-04-22, 20:04   #25929
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
It depends on what it is, but more often than not yes.

When I really can't stand it is when it's like a video tutorial or something. I'm a visual guy and it's just distracting to have that playing in the background, even if it's not making my ears bleed.

One of the few times I'm ok with it is for stuff like gaming related stuff, since that's typically chill time for me anyway. Again, as long as it isn't obnoxiously loud.
That's why I only ever watch Powerpyx's tutorial videos no unnecessary music there.

Staying with the theme of irritating music it annoys me when sometimes the original end credits music for a movie is replaced, a few years ago I was watching Terminator 2 Judgement Day and the classic Terminator theme was for some reason replaced with a pop song.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-22, 06:52   #25930
HarleyCroft
Professor

Feeling like.. myself. And pretty good, reached the rite of passage by getting hit in the face with a bottle of Faygo
ICP concert before and after

Whoop whoop bitches