www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 06-04-22, 14:44   #19511
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

The only acting project she talked about was Irma Vep though, she didn't talk about any other project she is attached to as well. The article was mostly about her personal life. It does mentioned how she is the new Lara Croft however, but more in the lines of her her previous notorious roles.
Old 06-04-22, 15:41   #19512
beencroft
Hobbyist

With an amazing update yesterday on the new game and the anime approaching next year, I now hope the sequel is more of a time skip to fit in with the new era weíre approaching with Lara. They could do what The Incredibles 2 did and continue from the ending of the first movie in the beginning of the sequel, then give us a brand new adventure throughout the movie. I read a fan screenplay that did this approach a while back and it was really good.
Old 06-04-22, 16:20   #19513
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I think a significant time skip from the original movie is a given now. Even Amy's script, before being scrapped, was being adapted to feature one after production of that version of the movie was delayed. Alicia herself confirmed it in an interview, before Misha replacing her and Ben.
Old 06-04-22, 17:15   #19514
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I truly think that next time we hear about Tomb Raider it'll be to announce a rebooted TV show or something. I have a feeling of dread that it just won't come to fruition but I hope I'm wrong and atleast get to see another film with Alicia.
Old 06-04-22, 17:33   #19515
PinkyPromise
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I truly think that next time we hear about Tomb Raider it'll be to announce a rebooted TV show or something. I have a feeling of dread that it just won't come to fruition but I hope I'm wrong and atleast get to see another film with Alicia.
In my opinion, a TV series would be the worst thing that could happen to Tomb Raider. First, the series do not usually have big budgets (only very few and I doubt that TR was one). Second, they never travel to real places. Third, what series concept do you do? Something like Relic Hunter? it is repetitive and in 2 seasons it will be canceled. And once TR has gone to TV, the brand will be devalued and will never return to the cinema.

TR is like Indiana Jones or James Bond: big budget movies, travel and big action scenes. If they aren't going to do this, better not do anything.

As for the TR sequel, I think it's in the worst case scenario. When the TR mark is in a transition period. I think it would be a mistake to set it in the survivor timeline when that timeline is worn out. So they have two options: wait to see the next TR and take it as a reference or do something different and their own and free and fresh.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 06-04-22 at 17:41.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 17:44   #19516
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
We have an animated TV show in the works. I don't see them doing a live action one as well - I'd certainly prefer a movie. It all seems ominously quiet on the movie front though. I know Alicia is currently busy, but that doesn't mean preparations can't be made for the film for her to go straight into it for when she's free. I wasn't expecting any news from that magazine interview, it seemed more of a personal piece than what's going on with her career.
Old 06-04-22, 17:53   #19517
TrustyBow
Professor

People need to just relax. It really isnt worth all this stress and checking IMDB everyday. Pretty sure everyone involved wants the project to happen.
Old 06-04-22, 17:54   #19518
beencroft
Hobbyist

I donít think theyíll make a TV seriesÖ Iíd at least hope not. Thereís no movement yet, but weíll probably again have to wait a few more months before we start hearing something official. Itíd be nice for Misha to update us especially in May since thatís when she first posted the draft being completed. I highly doubt itís cancelled or being crafted into something new. Amazon is excited. Itíd be a shame for Misha to take another loss too.
Old 06-04-22, 19:05   #19519
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Amazon literally said all upcoming MGM projects would remain as is, if the movie is indeed still in the works, I wouldn't be worried about turning it into a TV series.

Besides, did MGM even had the rights to develop a TV series? As far as we know, they might only have the rights for a movie adaptation. Especially considering a completely different company is developing a Tomb Raider series. An animated one, sure, but a series nonetheless. As far as we know, any serialized show rights, animated or not, belong to Netflix and not MGM/Amazon...
Old 08-04-22, 16:28   #19520
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Maybe it's because Misha is currently busy with DC's Black Canary project.
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote