www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-10-19, 21:47   #11
killchan
Professor

Project Soul has put all the budget on the customization.

speaking of AI , Injustice 2 is quite strange, normal is very easy and hard is impossible hard. The input reading is just insane: 2 frames in and the AI goes "NOPE" and it sends you to pum-pum city

Last edited by killchan; 22-10-19 at 21:49.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 05:00   #12
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Project Soul has put all the budget on the customization.
Sadly! I feel like the only reason people want to play SoulCalibur anymore is because of character creation and guests, which is sad...
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 12:42   #13
redfox45
Professor

The only Soul game I ever played was the very first one. One of the coolest intros in any game ever.
(And as a bonus the narrator is Barry Burton from RE1)

redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 12:46   #14
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
The only Soul game I ever played was the very first one. One of the coolest intros in any game ever.
(And as a bonus the narrator is Barry Burton from RE1)

Oh my god that's Barry xD :0 ???

And yeah I love that intro! I get teary eyes every time :')

Tekken and SoulCalibur both had amazing intros up until before Tekken 6 and SoulCalibur IV respectively! Anything else before that point is amazing,
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 17:38   #15
killchan
Professor

Melty Blood is back

It comes out in 2 days on consoles and PC

https://meltyblood.typelumina.com/en/

and about half of the roster is gone
Old 28-09-21, 18:47   #16
Ashnod
Professor

I was very good at the first Mortal Kombat with Sonya, and the second Mortal Kombat as Kitana. I never could get the hang of the combo-system of MKIII, and my interest kind of fell off after that. I still love the lore, love watching the games on YouTube, but haven't been able to bring myself to pick up a console version of MK.

I like the idea of Soul Calibur, but the execution of it doesn't hold my attention for long. I really enjoy how the various melee fighting styles contrast, and enjoy playing them for a time. But then I get tired of hearing "A hero desires a sword, and sword desires TRUTH" or similar quips between fights.

I was a huge fan of Tekken 3 and Tekken 4, playing a whole host of characters. My friend and I would spend hours upon hours playing it together. Lost interest around Tekken 5.

I really like the Project Justice series, but I haven't played anything related to it since the Dreamcast was out.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 19:23   #17
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

I enjoy the MK games (only the traditional 2D ones), but I wouldn't consider myself a pro at them. I like Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Sonya, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero and Johnny Cage. But I'm much more proficient with Tekken and DOA. My Tekken mains are: Julia, Nina, Anna, Lee & Xiaoyu.

For DOA, it's usually: Leifang, Christie & Helena, but I enjoy playing as Tina, Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate/Ein and Hitomi. Characters like Honoka and Marie Rose should have never existed in the first place, and I hate that tag mode was removed in DOA6. Even DOA's tagging mechanic is superior to Tekken's.

Street Fighter is something I could never get into though, and I never really cared for Soul Calibur. Virtua Fighter is fun and deserves a proper revival with a brand new game, VF5 has been milked to oblivion.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 19:41   #18
killchan
Professor

this new Melty Blood is.... weird.

The previous games were not so technical as far are inputs were concerned, but also not too newbie friendly either.
On the other hand, this new game:
- triggers autocombos at the 3rd light/normal/heavy attack even if combined with directionals. that autocombo will also lead to a launcher and an autojump. basically, if you want to avoid that, you have to hold down BACK while you're dealing l/n/h OR insert moves or specials in between attacks.
- for most characters , C (combined with a specific directional depending on the character) is a launcher which will also autojump you.

It's clearly a newbie friendly design that, however, the way I see it, it pushes experts to deliver cleaner inputs and get quickly bored of the safe strategies.
Despite these choices, you can still play a-la Melty Blood to some capacity.
Old 12-10-21, 13:34   #19
redfox45
Professor

God, with no other genre do I have such an intense love and hatred.

Fighting games are so cool but why are they all made with the same infuriating, input reading BS AI? It's the worst.
Like yeah, newsflash I rarely have the means to play 2 player (and the less said about online the better) so I have the audacity to actually attempt playing this trash against the CPU and it's literally the same across every single franchise since the beginning of fighting games I swear to god.

Learning combos and trying your hardest to play properly? "LMAO get read nub, you suck"
Spamming the same, boring cheap **** over and over and over and doing nothing else? " my god, you are the ultimate warrior, your skills and strength are unparalleled, congratulations undisputed champion of the world"

God I hate it so much is it laziness or is there literally no other way of programming an AI opponent?

Last edited by redfox45; 12-10-21 at 13:35.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 16:15   #20
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Is it okay if I reanimate the corpse of this thread?

So, Street Fighter VI was announced!

It's still way too early as they said they'll show more in the summer but I'm nevertheless excited!!