www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 22-01-21, 22:18   #1
DVDSpike
Professor

Default 25th Anniversary General Chat

This is the general chat for our thoughts and speculations regarding what is happening during TR25 (the 25th anniversary).

What has happened so far -

Tomb Raider - anime series:

(Fan made - official logo to be revealed)

Quote:
The Tomb Raider anime series will follow the uber-popular Square Enix video game. The series will pick up after the video game reboot trilogy, and follow heroine Lara Croft 25 years after her first game appeared as she explores new territory.

Tomb Raider has led to a global franchise encompassing movies, merchandise and comic books. The new Netflix-Legendary project marks Lara Croft’s first appearance in an animated series. The most recent game release, Shadow of the Tomb Raider garnered great acclaim.

The anime series will be written by Tasha Huo (The Witcher: Blood Origin, Red Sonja), who will executive produce with dj2 Entertainment Founder and CEO Dmitri M. Johnson (Sonic the Hedgehog) as well as Stephan Bugaj and Howard Bliss. Jacob Robinson will also serve as EP on this series under his company Tractor Pants.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...22#post8273722

Website released:

https://tombraider25.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

Tomb Raider 1 box art reimagining:

Tomb Raider 2 box art reimagining:

Lara Croft x Fortnite:

Croft Manor in Fortnite:

Tomb Raider Cookbook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider
Lara Croft has inspired fans to expand their horizons and seek adventure for 25 years, and Tomb Raider: The Official Cookbook and Travel Guide brings home a taste of the most vibrant cultures and culinary traditions in the world. Using Lara’s passport as a framework, we’ve curated over 40 recipes that include power snacks for energy on the go, appetizers, entrees, drinks, desserts, and meals with franchise ties.

Food is undeniably at the center of culture. The ingredients reflect regional resources, the preparation is passed down as tradition, and the consumption is often a centerpiece for community celebrations. We break bread to make guests feel welcome, gift meals to comfort those mourning, and seek food together to solidify our social bonds. This is all a fancy way of saying – we know how important food is.

As such, we are collaborating with our network of Official Tomb Raider Fansites and community members across the globe to ensure the authenticity of each recipe. We share their excitement that other fans around the world will get a taste of their traditions, be it preparing Ceviche from Peru, Kathi Rolls from India, or Beans on Toast – Lara’s favorite food – from England.

The travel guide grounds Lara’s fantastical adventures in real-world locations through cultural context and offers suggestions for the best places to explore if you want to follow in her footsteps.

Featuring beautiful full color photography as well as art from the games, we think this will be a great gift for fans, travelers, and food aficionados alike.

Last edited by tlr online; 28-10-21 at 14:49. Reason: Restored post. Do not edit.
DVDSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 22:27   #2
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

I don't think it's been 6 years, she was in Brawhalla. I wish it was true, but I don't think Reloaded is part of the celebration. I do think we'll have more classic Lara this year (remasters of the classics!).
Old 22-01-21, 22:30   #3
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I don't think it's been 6 years, she was in Brawhalla. I wish it was true, but I don't think Reloaded is part of the celebration. I do think we'll have more classic Lara this year (remasters of the classics!).
Ah crap I forgot about that.

If you think it’s not part of the celebration, why do you think Square decided to make it?
Old 22-01-21, 23:41   #4
Mikky
Legend

I'm sure Reloaded is part of the celebrations now but I do wonder if that was always the case when developing the game or if it's just a happy coincidence they'll go along with. Either way, it's coming out this year, so...

So we've got Reloaded and the WETA statue coming... And that's all that we know so far. It's kinda lame we know nothing of their plans for this year, unlike with other franchises such as Resident Evil and Pokémon, but we could say it's still early in the year so maybe we just have to be patient and it will be worth the wait?

With the main developers busy with Avengers I do not expect anything grandiose, so to speak, but perhaps something with less budget while still being a physical game. A HD collection of the classics would be the easy choice and it would easily please fans, but I still have my doubts about the idea in general. The lamest thing they could do (IMO) would be a reboot HD collection for PS5 - those games are still too fresh to get excited over re-releases, but that's just me.

Other things they could do - a new retrospective on the series? A re-print of the anniversary book with new chapters for the newest games (since that book is so hard to come by now for a fair price). An animated mini-series? Finally release the notorious 8th DLC? Idk, there's many things they could do that doesn't have to break the bank.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 23:53   #5
Yeauxleaux
Tomb Raider

Not really expecting HD next gen ports of the Reboot trilogy. Someone should really coin the idea of remastering successful last gen games we just played the other year for the new gen. I mean don't think I've ever seen any developers do that, unheard of, it would be visionary.

Who wants remasters of old games that are barely accessible? pft.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 22-01-21 at 23:58.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 23:59   #6
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

They’re not doing anything. They don’t care about this franchise at all, look at all the other franchises that are celebrating their 25th anniversary and Tomb Raider gets nothing.

Sorry, thought I’d say it first.

———-

I have no idea what they could be planning for the anniversary, I think reloaded is just the start of it with more to come throughout the year, well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway.
Old 23-01-21, 00:16   #7
lance6439
Legend

What I want are classic based Lara Croft dolls produced by MGA Entertainment. This would be a success since the Lara Croft Barbie Doll was being swiped off stores shelves and played a significant role in the success of the Reboot era.
Old 23-01-21, 00:44   #8
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
If you think it’s not part of the celebration, why do you think Square decided to make it?
Now that I think about it you're probably right, because it's a game, unlike Brawhalla which was a cameo crossover. It is possible, though, that the company that made the game offered Square to make the game and Square allowed because mobile = money.
Old 23-01-21, 01:18   #9
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Nothing happening because they've got nothing planned. Unless Tomb Raider is sold off then we ain't in for any treats of any kind.
Old 23-01-21, 03:47   #10
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
They’re not doing anything. They don’t care about this franchise at all, look at all the other franchises that are celebrating their 25th anniversary and Tomb Raider gets nothing.
It's currently January 22nd.

January is the 1st month of the year.

Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary is on October 25th.

October is the 10th month of the year.

How long do Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, and Eidos-Montreal have to make a TR-related announcement? (Not counting Reloaded, of course, since it's a mobile game.)