www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 01-08-21, 12:19   #1
tlr online
Administrator

Default Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary Celebration Thread

Synopsis:

Quote:
Tomb Raider: Legend revives the athletic, intelligent and entertaining adventurer who won the hearts and minds of gamers worldwide. Lara comes alive with intricately animated expressions, moves and abilities. An arsenal of modern equipment, such as a magnetic grappling device, binoculars, frag grenades, personal lighting device and communications equipment, allows gamers to experience tomb raiding as never before.
Official blog: https://tombraider25.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

Tomb Raider 25: https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tomb-raider-25/

Tomb Raider Legend signature artwork by Nagu:

Tomb Raider Anniversary signature artwork by Brenoch Adams:

Artwork by bekim:

When in Ghana...

Promotional artwork:

Screenshots:

Tomb Raider Legend theme by Troels B. Folmann:

Last edited by tlr online; 29-09-21 at 21:36. Reason: Added Nagu signature artwork.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 13:25   #2
AshesBorn
Professor

That main theme brings back so many memories.
Old 01-08-21, 14:15   #3
Bomb Fighter
Professor

The Tomb Raider game I played the most when I was a teen. The first TR I managed to finish. So many memories tied to this game...
- playing AOD for the first time in 2004/5 and visiting the official website to look for pictures, only to find Legend Lara there, hanging from a cliff in front of the waterfall, looking so different, but so realistic for the first time = mind blown.
- seeing the cover art online for the first time, getting an urge to draw it myself and discover my drawing skills weren't bad at all.
- playing the game on PS2 with my best friends, shocked with every new outfit and location we visited.
- getting it on PSP and playing Iiterally everywhere.

It's such a short and fun game to play and it has tons of replay value thanks to many quality unlockable and fun design. There is never a dull moment (perhaps except Kazakhstan but even that level still has some moments).
Old 01-08-21, 14:32   #4
DOPE
Relic Hunter

I always loved the key arts for this game.. I used to have a poster in my room of that image of Lara hanging from a cliff and it also has what I’d consider the second best cover of the franchise right after Rise.. I still think they blatantly based that off Angelina and nobody can change my mind

I’d say I feel about it the same way I do about 2013: not necessarily amazing Tomb Raider games but amazing games on their own right, games that are just so fun no matter how many times you replay them (except those damn bike sections )

When it comes to making a Tomb Raider game this was definitely Crystal’s peak though and it’s pretty obvious they put a lot of love into it

Last edited by DOPE; 01-08-21 at 15:33.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 16:06   #5
Shing
Historian

It has best TR theme music along with AOD. TR felt so unique back then, thanks to the music alone.
Shing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 16:14   #6
Vaskito
Tomb Raider

I think you can put Legend AND Anniversary celebration thread.
In fact, I think this week they will actually start with Anniversary if I'm not mistaken.

Legend, what a wonderful game. I still remember seeing a video of it for the first time. It brings back so many good memories. I'm so happy its month has finally arrived. Legend and Anniversary are most likely the games I've replayed the most in my life. During the 2006-2013 period it was almost nonstop.

The main theme is so epic. The ambience. Lara is so likeable. The new movements, controls, and overall fluidity that still hold up today. My biggest complaint about Legend is for how short it is. It could have double the size, and I would still not get tired of it. Forever grateful for AOD allowing Legend to happen (sorry for the shade)

Last edited by Vaskito; 01-08-21 at 16:18.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 16:14   #7
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Just like AOD, TRL is a special gem within the TR franchise.
Old 01-08-21, 16:36   #8
Jathom95
Archaeologist

While Crystal's style in general isn't really my cup of tea in regards to Tomb Raider, I will say thematically that Legend is probably their peak with their work on it. It's a solid game, no question about it.

If it wasn't so short and the puzzles were remotely difficult, I'd probably have more fondness for it even amidst the beginning of the mommy and daddy issues.
Old 01-08-21, 16:40   #9
tomblover
Legend

Aesthetically speaking, Legend is TR at its peak. Nothing can compare. I said what I said and I meant what I said!
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 17:07   #10
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Aesthetically speaking, Legend is TR at its peak. Nothing can compare. I said what I said and I meant what I said!
I'd compare Legend to TR3. Globe trotting around the world featuring many locations and outfits. Great games, except I wish Legend wasn't so damn short.