www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 22-04-22, 14:57   #351
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Tomb Raider: The Live Experience To Feature Voiceover By Alicia Vikander As Lara Croft

https://www.psu.com/news/tomb-raider...as-lara-croft/

Jonah Maiava (Early Baylon) and Zip (Allen Maldonado) will do voice over as well.
That's unexpected but exciting. Glad they went with Alicia and not... that other woman.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-22, 15:59   #352
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
That's unexpected but exciting. Glad they went with Alicia and not... that other woman.
I'm surprised it's not Hayley but I'm very glad with Alicia !
Old 22-04-22, 18:29   #353
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Tomb Raider: The Live Experience To Feature Voiceover By Alicia Vikander As Lara Croft

https://www.psu.com/news/tomb-raider...as-lara-croft/

Jonah Maiava (Early Baylon) and Zip (Allen Maldonado) will do voice over as well.
Yeah to me that means au revoir Camilla. NO WAY IN HELL, CD IS GOING BACK WITH HER AFTER HAVING ALICIA RECORDING THE VOICE.
Old 22-04-22, 18:48   #354
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I’d hate to be as bitter as some of y’all here it’s sad, Camilla was the first VA to actually be the face of Lara Croft, and whether or not you liked her or not. Sis made history and will go down in history as being Lara Croft. If she does come back, I can’t wait to see some of you seethe with hatred lol. But I still love you guys though. A majority of y’all want Lara to sound like an upper echelon, posh, rich old lady which is weird lol. But in other words, this is just for the TR experience we still don’t know anything about the game except it’s in development, we don’t know who will play actual in game Lara yet. But I can’t wait to see what Alicia does during this, I love her voice honestly.
Old 22-04-22, 18:49   #355
Raxel
Student

Not only voice, video recording too apparently.

Quote:
🏹 You're going to want to hear this🏹

Alicia Vikander will appear as Lara Croft, in a special video message and in voiceover, to help lead you through the #TombRaiderLIVE Experience.

You'll not be able to see this anywhere else. Book now: https://tombraiderlive.co.uk #TombRaider
https://twitter.com/TRaiderLIVE/stat...Cy_aevtY8qAAAA

On Jonah and Zip:

Quote:
Could you imagine being lead through a thrilling journey by Lara Croft, Jonah, and Zip? Tomb Raider: The Live Experience will feature voiceover from Alicia Vikander as Lara, Earl Baylon as Jonah, and Allen Maldonado as Zip!
https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...Citeb-uY8qAAAA
Old 22-04-22, 19:40   #356
Amunet
Archaeologist

Unpopular opinion, but voice wise, I don't think Alicia is that much of a better fit than Camilla for the role of Lara. I'd much rather have Hayley Atwell and get a preview of what she'll bring to the role in the Netflix series.
Old 22-04-22, 19:57   #357
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I’d hate to be as bitter as some of y’all here it’s sad, Camilla was the first VA to actually be the face of Lara Croft,
Jonell Elliott was the first to motion cap Lara. So she’s the first VA to actually be Lara.

Last edited by lance6439; 22-04-22 at 19:59.
lance6439 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-22, 20:01   #358
_Seth
Professor

^ Anne Le Chartier mo capped AoD Lara. Even Keeley didn't. Camilla was the first to mo cap.
Quote:
Camilla was the first VA to actually be the face of Lara Croft, and whether or not you liked her or not.

Sis made history and will go down in history as being Lara Croft.

A majority of y’all want Lara to sound like an upper echelon, posh, rich old lady which is weird lol.

I love her voice honestly.
What does that even mean, lol?

The most divisive LC, which isn't something to be proud of.

I don't. *shrugs*

I'm not that big on Alicia's voice, I actually kinda dislike it, lol, but I'll take it over Camilla. (With Alicia since she's onscreen her on camera presence is more important. God knows Angelina had the blandest and most generic voice ever, like Keeley, but Angelina's screen presence is what mattered.)

Last edited by _Seth; 22-04-22 at 20:02.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-22, 20:18   #359
lance6439
Legend

Well she Mocapped and voiced as Lara for E3 in front of an live audience so I would consider her the first VA to be the face of Lara if we’re excluding modes
Old 22-04-22, 21:04   #360
.snake.
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Unpopular opinion, but voice wise, I don't think Alicia is that much of a better fit than Camilla for the role of Lara. I'd much rather have Hayley Atwell and get a preview of what she'll bring to the role in the Netflix series.
I fully agree with this. It seems strange to me they wouldn't start a new chapter of TR (to properly tie in with the anime) by having Atwell instead of Vikander.

Quote:
A majority of y’all want Lara to sound like an upper echelon, posh, rich old lady which is weird lol.
I don't think anyone said anything about "old." And it's not weird to want her to sound like an upper echelon, posh, rich lady because that's who she is (with an added streak of rebellion).

By that logic, it's weird to want her to sound like an out-of-breath American-trying-to-be-British bartender working at the "9-Bells" while she shares a flat in London with her fat friend, recovering from PTSD.

Last edited by .snake.; 22-04-22 at 22:50.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote