www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 22-04-22, 23:42   #11
JOHN30011887
Historian

Very nice work, i will happily replace my pc fmv's with this

I hope someday tomb 5 (and tomb 4) project will add support for the 7 ps1 fmv files
Old 23-04-22, 04:38   #12
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
..huh? What does this have to do with this post? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
L + Ratio + Didn't ask + + + Unrelated

In layman's terms: no one asked :3 and if you are seeking for the soundtrack to listen to, you can easily find the soundtrack on TR Fan sites ^W^
Because I've played this beta before and I don't think it's necessary to add this in to the final build of this game because all what you'll basically hear is 1. The soundtrack 2. You won't be able to hear any voice lines recorded with what they're saying. Which is why I think it'll be boring for me to watch these scenes in the retail game like that in my opinion.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 23-04-22 at 04:40.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 08:48   #13
UroshUchiha
Explorer

You clearly didn't read the "The psx videos have no audio. I've extracted the audio from the PC FMVs and mixed them with the psx videos." part.

Go be your usual self in other threads. Not here.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 14:34   #14
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
You clearly didn't read the "The psx videos have no audio. I've extracted the audio from the PC FMVs and mixed them with the psx videos." part.

Go be your usual self in other threads. Not here.
UroshUchiha. I'm voicing my opinion saying that it's not worth of me using them in the retail version of this game because it's my prerogative for me not to use them. That's why I don't care about using them. That's all what I'm saying.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-22, 13:23   #15
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

I don't have the energy to deal with "Expert," so I just wanted to say thank you to UroshUchiha and a few others for standing up to the self-entitled narcissist

An update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Totally random, but very curious; on PS1 when Zip talks to Lara before she glides to Von Croy Industries' building he says:

"I'm presuming by the lack of communication that you're in position, facing the Von Croy Industries' building"

But on PC:

"I'm presuming by the lack of communication that you're at Industries' building"

I truly wonder... why?
This would explains the discrepancy for fmv7. I've mixed the retail psx soundtrack with beta fmv7, and it turns out to be a perfect sync! Thus 2 seconds of Zip won't need removing. I've also mixed all the other beta movies with retail psx soundtracks for consistency.

Due to the TR5 engine limitations - the fmv7 cutscene cuts off early, so you'll see Lara enter the chute but you won't see her sliding inside and the subsequent fade-out to black.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-22, 22:00   #16
.snake.
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
I don't have the energy to deal with "Expert," so I just wanted to say thank you to UroshUchiha and a few others for standing up to the self-entitled narcissist

An update:

This would explains the discrepancy for fmv7. I've mixed the retail psx soundtrack with beta fmv7, and it turns out to be a perfect sync! Thus 2 seconds of Zip won't need removing. I've also mixed all the other beta movies with retail psx soundtracks for consistency.

Due to the TR5 engine limitations - the fmv7 cutscene cuts off early, so you'll see Lara enter the chute but you won't see her sliding inside and the subsequent fade-out to black.
Wow thatís amazing; I had no idea about Zipís dialogue being cut in the PC FMV. Did you add the new version to the download ATombRaiderFan?
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-22, 05:38   #17
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

@.snake. Thank you!

Yup all videos on the shared google folder is replaced with the newest ones, sorry I should've been clearer about that in my previous reply.
Old 25-04-22, 19:43   #18
.snake.
Archaeologist

I just tested them now and they work beautifully! I love the inclusion of Jean Yves, even if the difference in voice is a bit jarring (although I think it's still the same voice actor?). I also love that as a life-long PC gamer I finally have the proper VCI intro FMV without Zip's line being messed up. Thank you very much for creating this ATombRaiderFan.

Off topic: But what is it about the terrible lip syncing in the TR5 FMVs? I was reminded of it when watching Lara's conversation with Larsen and Pierre in the Opera - it's so alarmingly bad. It wasn't perfect in TR4 or any of the previous games, but there is just something so off about the way their mouths move in TR5.

I wonder if it has something to do with the TR5 FMVs being created out of house by a French studio (Ex-Machina) - do the character's mouths match better when watching the FMVs in French?

(The terrible lip sync doesn't have anything to do with your FMVs ATombRaiderFan. It's the same in the original versions.)

Last edited by .snake.; 25-04-22 at 19:45.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-22, 08:51   #19
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Thank you .snake.! I've spent a lot of time tracking down the right tools, and learning how to use them, and testing the movies thoroughly ingame. So reading your feedback and knowing this project made at least one other fellow fan happy is good enough for me, that's why you've made my day

The inclusion of Jean-Yves is the main reason for this project so I'm glad you approve too. I've always wanted to be able to use movies with Jean-Yves as Core originally intended, and it's also nice to see a familiar face too. The restored VCI dialogue wasn't even planned at all and feels to me like one of Troye's fixes!

Of course, constructive criticism is welcome because if there's room for improvement - I'm all for it. Sadly I don't think the opera cutscene can be improved. I've experimented with offsetting the audio relative to video by 1 second, 500ms, 100ms, but none of these seemed to improve the audio/video sync, so it's as good as it gets imo. (I agree with you on the terrible lip sync)

Anyway, thank you again .snake. for testing the videos because that gives me confidence in this project

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 26-04-22 at 09:16.
Old 02-05-22, 10:13   #20
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

New versions with subtitles are now available. I've made these largely with help from Stella's transcript, although with a few corrections. Character names are added when it's not obvious who's speaking onscreen.

Grab the videos here, and enjoy

Just to clarify that the other videos without subtitles are still available to download from the op of this thread, there's been no update for these.

Edit: Both sets of videos moved to archive.org.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 03-05-22 at 11:37.