Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
is something they didnt had to do
because they did nothing
Old 06-05-22, 15:32   #532
TankGirl
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
No one is doing this though, people are just pointing out their contributions because their efforts should be recognized at least amongst all the criticism.
CMs’ efforts? Yes i can agree with that, square and crystal did nothing but just watched Meagan desperately trying to find crumbs to throw at us. Square barely even tweeted about the celebrations lmao.

The cookbook and all the other stuff would have been fine if they were a bonus thing and not the main course.
Of course people that are fan of a video game franchise , expected…y’know video games things. Definitely not saying a full blown new game, but remasters was the bare minimum, even bloody sega is releasing remasters of sonic games…sega. Let that sink in.

Last edited by TankGirl; 06-05-22 at 15:33.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 15:34   #533
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
Square barely even tweeted about the celebrations lmao.
Square literally didn't tweet anything until a day after TR1's birthday because fans on Twitter dragged them.
Old 06-05-22, 15:35   #534
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
CMs’ efforts? Yes i can agree with that, square and crystal did nothing but just watched Meagan desperately trying to find crumbs to throw at us. Square barely even tweeted about the celebrations lmao.

The cookbook and all the other stuff would have been fine if they were a bonus thing and not the main course.
Of course people that are fan of a video game franchise , expected…y’know video games things. Definitely not saying a full blown new game, but remasters was the bare minimum, even bloody sega is releasing remasters of sonic games…sega. Let that sink in.
I'm not arguing against that, I agree SE should have done a lot more then they did. But I suspect they didn't because they knew they were going to sell the franchise off and didn't deem it necessary to invest in the franchise anymore.

Now that TR is with Embracer Group we may get what we hope out of TR now. Hopefully we at least get remasters/ports. That's what I'm really hoping for.
Old 06-05-22, 15:36   #535
TankGirl
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Square literally didn't tweet anything until a day after TR1's birthday because fans on Twitter dragged them.
Exactly which makes this whole celebration even more a fiasco than it already was. I definitely appreciate and cherish neha and especially Meagan’s efforts as she is truly passionate about tomb raider, but saying square did they best they could is just delusional.
Old 06-05-22, 15:44   #536
Lelixandre
Inactive

I'm baffled at the reluctance to even do the bare minimum of porting the HD PC versions of the classics to current gen consoles. Can we stop pretending that's an audacious, unrealistic ask of them, or that it would absolutely ruin these massive corporations financially to do it? HD Ports would cost literally nothing to these people, it's not like we're asking them to find a cure for aging.
Lelixandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 15:48   #537
TankGirl
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelixandre View Post
I'm baffled at the reluctance to even do the bare minimum of porting the HD PC versions of the classics to current gen consoles. Can we stop pretending that's an audacious, unrealistic ask of them, or that it would absolutely ruin these massive corporations financially to do it? HD Ports would cost literally nothing to these people, it's not like we're asking them to find a cure for aging.
Not to mention they still have the iPhone HD ports of TR1/2/3, they just needed to port them on consoles, release it digitally only and called it a day. A team of 10 people could do that in a week, but hey we should be grateful for wallpapers and a cookbook nobody asked for!
Old 06-05-22, 15:56   #538
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelixandre View Post
I mean, I'm not even against the idea of remasters or anything - if anything this would be the perfect time to do them in between the lull between TR12. But whether or not Crystal wants/doesn't want to do them, there's still plenty of technical hurdles at play here:

1) Gameplay and controls would be considered very outdated by the gaming community at large today. You'd really only be doing 1-6 for the people who'd already played them, not an overwhelmingly large number. More recent fans might buy them out of curiosity - but there's plenty thrown around even now about how people can't play them due to feeling they're too clunky or look "bad". And as far as the gameplay stuff, 1-5 are literally built around tank controls, right down to the level design. Wouldn't be very appealing to the general public to keep dying constantly since the games just assume that you already know how to play them. So Crystal would obviously want to change that, which would be a pretty decent undertaking.

2) The games are ancient at this point, with very messy code bases and Crystal didn't even work on these originally. It's not a simple matter of porting them to a modern engine and calling it a day. You'd have to make sure all everything works properly and that there's no outstanding issues caused by it, if they care about having QA for each game. Yes, there's the HD ports for mobile and stuff, but I literally don't see them doing straight up rips of either the 90s games or anything released after if they went through the trouble to actually do it. Not to mention that we have no idea if Crystal even has the most up-to-date source code for each of the games from Core, basically essential if you're gonna be doing remasters.

3) This also isn't like most other cases of games that are considered prime material for releasing as a remastered collection. Normally you have a set of critically acclaimed games that people are literally clamoring for. Here with the classics, you have three beloved games, a fourth divisive one, a fifth one that is largely considered a lazy cash grab, and a sixth that's unfinished and unlikely to ever be touched in any official capacity ever again due to its reputation.

It's not always a matter of "I don't want it and no one else should either", it's just being realistic. I don't think people think about this sort of behind the scenes stuff sometimes.

Last edited by Jathom95; 06-05-22 at 18:07.
Jathom95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 15:58   #539
tomblover
Legend

Quote:
Resident evil got 2 games 2 netflix shows and a movie.
Which everyone hated, so.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 16:02   #540
TankGirl
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Which everyone hated, so.
Doesn’t change the fact that capcom actually put effort in the 25th anniversary of RE, they weren’t in charge of neither the shows and movie, but only the games and those games are universally praised.

And i wouldnt bet on the tr netflix show being better…a road trip with friends……if it manages to come out anyways as netflix is cancelling a handful of animated shows already

Last edited by TankGirl; 06-05-22 at 16:10.