www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 19-08-17, 23:35   #1
DoggettMcDog
Hobbyist

Default TR3 (TRLE) Windowed problems

I have a problem with Tomb Raider 3 style levels.
Anyone know how to play Windowed?
DoggettMcDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 23:54   #2
laravision
Archaeologist

As far as I know, TR3 doesn't support windowed mode, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can advise a possible workaround.

I did though, find this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikaze Raider View Post
I use Dxwnd v2.02.15 f1, and I made this tutorial:

About Dxwnd:
This program allows to play windowed any game, allow you select some options as for example, the window size. Its use is easy; you must select a game from the list (previously selected) and double click on it.

Configuration:
1. Go to main menu, select "Edit" or do click with the right mouse button. Click on "Add" for add a new game or on "Modify" for mod the configuration of existing game and selected.
2. In the new window (Tab: Main) Put on "Name" the game name and on "Patch" of the same. That can be relative, as for example: ".\tomb3.exe" (Without quotes)
3. Select the options "Intercept Alt-F4 Key", "Run in Window" and "No Banner".
4. Down on "Windows initial position & Size" put the Width on "W" text box and the Height on "H" text box. Recommended: 640x480.
5. In "Window" Tab select the options: "Fix Parent Windows" and "Keep aspect ratio". This last is very important else the screen could appear in black with some resolution sizes.
6. In "Mouse" Tab select the option "Correct mouse position".
7. In "DirectX" Tab select the option "VIDEO->SYSTEM surf. on fail" inside of "DirectDraw Surface handling".
8. Finally, in "Compat" (Compatibility) Tab select the option "Handle Exceptions". This is very important, of this form the program can hand unexpected errors. Now click on "OK".

For save the modifications, go to main mane, "File" and "Save", the program ask you if you want save the changes and click on "Yes". Optionally you can use the option "Sort programs list" inside "File".

Note: You can delete the default configuration file "dxwnd.ini" for delete the games list and create a new list.

Known Errors:
- When the FMV Sequences are playing (On TR2 and 3, including Gold versions) those appear on the left top corner of the screen, and when they finish the game screen is move there.
- In the TR3 (and its demos) Inventory Screen will appear as background a piece of your desktop corresponding to the size of the game size, but from the left top corner of the screen.
Old 20-08-17, 00:49   #3
DoggettMcDog
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
as far as i know, tr3 doesn't support windowed mode, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can advise a possible workaround.

I did though, find this:
it works! Thank you so much! <3<3<3<3
DoggettMcDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-22, 12:19   #4
ShadowZia
Hobbyist

Thank you as well, it works... Cheers
ShadowZia is offline   Reply With Quote