www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 11-05-22, 06:29   #1
laracorecroft
Hobbyist

Smile S.O.S in mesh

can someone help me minimally editing a tomb raider 3 mesh for tomb raider 2? I need the south pacific skin (tr3) I have everything except the green paint on lara's legs in autopistol animation since tomb raider 3 does not have that type of weapon and you can see the bottom of lara's ass in brown like the skin lara standard ( I'm lousy at adding mesh texture )

Last edited by laracorecroft; 11-05-22 at 06:31.
laracorecroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 11:05   #2
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Use PixStr22 R4 to edit textures on your objects manually
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 15:00   #3
perryloo
Explorer

Basic Texture tutorial

See this.....
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=227183

and

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=227194
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 17:08   #4
laracorecroft
Hobbyist

OK thank you. but it's too complicated for me. every time I try to add an exact texture to the leg it breaks into 2 triangles and it looks very bad.

also when I open the created level that has that green texture with autouzis for example with PixStr. you see all the different meshes. what I have tried is to edit in the wad tool from TE that there if I can open the wad and the meshes are seen well but I do not understand those programs whenever I try to add a texture it looks bigger or the texture begins to split as a triangle in the mesh

Last edited by laracorecroft; 11-05-22 at 17:47.
Old 11-05-22, 22:38   #5
perryloo
Explorer

Rather than use wad tools which is more complicated for beginners, try my tutorial, its way simpler to texture using TRtexture in conjunction with Pixstr

If I have new textures to add or to modify in the texture box, I tend to use existing unused textures in the texture block and put a different texture in using a paint program, there are usually plenty of paint programs to choose from.

I noticed in threads mentioned that ReginaLusus was using Gimp, which is quite a complex paint program to learn, with layers and transparent textures, and takes time to learn all the options, well it did for me when I had to use it at work LOL. I tend now to use Paint shop pro, which is a lot easier to work with. I like to make things easy for me, the easier the better

Any paint program that can change the size of the texture and copy and paste, works.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 22:53   #6
laracorecroft
Hobbyist

thanks for the tips but i have no idea how to use that correctly to replace the perfect textures. On the other hand, I have realized that the meshes of the pants in particular in my case have 3 different pages of png textures if I export them and edit them with some program I can replace the edited pngs... but it is quite hard xD you have to take into account count the exact color and the different shades

At the end I have created the animation of the auto pistols, I leave the link here:

[URL=https://mega.nz/file/5mhRVLgI#0_zkW9LhBQwwre2tpGbviIBWT-SI3J6BZbpQocfX4Y4[/URL]

It's not perfect at all, but it took me a long time to edit it in a paint program. If it doesn't work for someone let me know. to have the rest of the south pacific of tr3 in tr2 there is a tutorial on one side of the forum it's just about adding my animation. since tomb raider 3 doesn't have autoguns like tr2 and you can't edit the full skin as far as i know.

Last edited by laracorecroft; 12-05-22 at 07:27.