Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-12-21, 20:52   #291
Accandon

Yeah. Sorry. I meant that Rescued Mod pack.
Accandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 03:24   #292
LateRaider
Inactive

I've been avoiding answering this because I'm really confused. I don't know what's going on, or who you're replying to, or what you need. Rescued and Restoration are two totally different projects by different authors
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 03:35   #293
Jathom95

If I may...

I think Accandon is unsure of which mod specifically adds the new dialogue/text, and what exactly they need to be able to provide a translation.

To that end, just to make it clear - Reborninshadow's Restoration Modpack is specifically the project that needs to be translated, since all of the newly added text would be in English only and the other languages have their own language files. First, like Reborn mentioned, they'd need to go into the game itself and make sure all of the new dialogue and such plays properly at all. Sounds and such, that is.

Once that's accounted for, they'd need to use the TRAOD Text Editor, and translate the text into their own language.

I know you knew all of this already Late. I'm just providing clarity for Accandon.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 17:08   #294
Accandon

You're right, Jathom95.

In fact i did not realize, that i have been replying to two different mod authors.
I am sorry for the confusion i caused, reborninshadow.
Accandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-21, 03:45   #295
LateRaider
Inactive

I've started drafting what I need to do for the next update of TR:AoD Rescued. Just bear in mind, it's not going to be out until reborninshadow updates Restoration again with the new tweaks everyone came up with. But these are the ideas I had.

Add these mods:
- ✔️ m.art.in's TR:AoD remade loading screens (4:3 / no logo version)
- TR:AoD Restoration Project - Alternate Version (Need documentation about how Restoration plays differently)
- ✔️ Updated documentation (Add controls, move list. Need to keep it short and concise)
- ✔️ Tank Plus 2.0: Rescued Edition (This is going to be different than regular Tank Plus. I'm going to "prebake" it with changes from not only reborninshadow's patcher, but also nakamichi's patcher. This will help streamline the experience.)
- Create a "save game pack" for use with Restored, based on Stella's saves

Update these:
- ✔️ General instructions. Separate into 3 categories, possibly with 3 different folders nested inside.
* Basic (Drag and drop files to update levels and EXE; install Garret's border fix; add FMV pack)
* Extra (Setup JoyToKey; configure graphics according to Maverin)
* Advanced (Enable EAX; fix launcher's README command; reconfigure EXE if you don't like the changes; maybe other things?)
- ✔️ JoyToKey profile and instructions
- ✔️ Alternate EAX instructions in the event that the basic REG file doesn't work

Remove these:
- ✔️ Nakamichi's patcher (Unnecessary)
- ✔️ Raq's Italian translation cleanup
- SLAYER's Ultimate Patch, SLAYER's Corrected Cutscenes, nakamichi680's Levels Definitive Patch, nakamichi680's Willowtree Herbalist Mouth Fix, reborninshadow's Dual Pistols Pickup Mod, LateRaider's English Text Cleanup (All of these are present in Restoration Project, in some form or another)
- ✔️ LoreTheGamer's FMV pack, nakamichi680's Ending Credits Fix (These will be made into a separate FMV pack. This will make it easier to switch to a different set of FMVs as well. I know Ash made an upscale pack, and I think SteveOfWarr/MachoBroccoli and LeonDeka are both making packs.)

Edit Mar 20 '22 - Everything is done except in regard to Restoration. That won't be incorporated for some time. For now, this is more or less vanilla AoD.

If you want the current version of Restoration, install that atop Rescued.

Last edited by LateRaider; 20-03-22 at 19:24.
Old 20-03-22, 07:50   #296
LateRaider
Inactive

Rescued has finally been updated with most of the above changes.

Notes:
- Restoration itself hasn't been incorporated into the mod yet; that will be done when 1.2.0 is out, which I have no idea of when it will release. However, Reborn kindly let me use his corrected Monstrum killing cutscene in The Strahov Fortress.
- The save game pack is still absent, but that won't be made until Restoration is done.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Rescued is done until Restoration Project 1.2.0 sees fruition.

Last edited by LateRaider; 20-03-22 at 21:51.
Old 29-03-22, 05:29   #297
LateRaider
Inactive

v2.1 of Tank Plus is out. Incorporates Proto Nephilim vision, Farsee telekinesis effect, and shapeshifter effect.
Old 30-08-22, 20:22   #298
m.art.in

links are dead
m.art.in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-22, 20:33   #299
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.art.in View Post
links are dead
I asked if it was intentional and this is what LateRaider says about it:

Quote:
I took down TR:AoD Rescued for two reasons.

1. "Rescued" is a horrible name (I'm awful at naming things) and it's been creating confusion with Rescued and Restoration

2. Rescued is now incorporated in Restoration Project, and I believe in RP's vision and reborn's so much that I don't want people playing an inferior version of AoD within Rescued. It isn't lost, it just merged. You no longer need Rescued if you want to use it in conjunction with Restoration Project. Again, Rescued is included in Restoration Project, so use that instead.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-22, 23:10   #300
m.art.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I asked if it was intentional and this is what LateRaider says about it:
oh, cool thanks!
btw, i've just spent an hour looking around your new restoration version and...
I'm speechless, I love it so much! *smiles in 360° camera*
m.art.in is offline   Reply With Quote