Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-01-22, 20:25   #1011
kelvinsecolo
Inactive

OH MY GOD! That is amazing!
Thanks Reborn!

If I'm not wrong, jumping during combat like the classic was supposed to be resent in AOD, and even is in the beta version.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 22:55   #1012
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
If you hold walk, you still walk backwards so you can still do it that way.
Oh fantastic, I did not know this.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 23:28   #1013
.snake.

Quote:
This looks so amazing! Thank you for doing this!!

I really hope there is enough dual pistols ammo throughout the game for this, because now I really will only be playing AOD with the dual vectors or dual scorpions.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 10:30   #1014
FairFriend

Very cool! It's unfortunate that her torso twists so unnaturally when jumping with the weapons, but I'm aware it was like that in the beta too (which is why they removed the option of shooting while jumping, I guess)
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 10:37   #1015
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
Very cool! It's unfortunate that her torso twists so unnaturally when jumping with the weapons, but I'm aware it was like that in the beta too (which is why they removed the option of shooting while jumping, I guess)
What's kinda amusing is they didnt even manage to fully remove it.

If you rapid tap action at the right time, Lara would end up doing that anyway and shoot while jumping.

Glad we can just do it normally now.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 10:38   #1016
reborninshadow

Quote:
Yeah it sucks that it looks weird when jumping sideways but after playing around with this, it's such an improvement to the gameplay that I can't see myself ever going back. They probably removed it because of the animations and a glitch that could happen if you switched weapons midair. Thankfully I managed to fix that so the only issue left is the animations being weird sometimes.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 13:48   #1017
FairFriend

Quote:
Yeah it sucks that it looks weird when jumping sideways but after playing around with this, it's such an improvement to the gameplay that I can't see myself ever going back. They probably removed it because of the animations and a glitch that could happen if you switched weapons midair. Thankfully I managed to fix that so the only issue left is the animations being weird sometimes.
I think that it is the targeting system that is creating issues. I believe that the torso is independent of the lower body, to allow Lara to target whichever enemy is selected. However when jumping this results in the weird mismatch that we are seeing.
Old 12-01-22, 14:02   #1018
Jathom95

Quote:
I think that it is the targeting system that is creating issues. I believe that the torso is independent of the lower body, to allow Lara to target whichever enemy is selected. However when jumping this results in the weird mismatch that we are seeing.
You mean the aim-lock?
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 14:17   #1019
FairFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
You mean the aim-lock?
I think? I guess the theory could be put to test by disabling the aim-lock, there should be a patch for that if memory serves
Old 12-01-22, 15:14   #1020
kelvinsecolo
Inactive

Her torso is a real problem. The way it gets when jumping and shooting at the same time doesn't really bother me because I do know that it is how it was supposed to be according to all the beta content we have throughout youtube. So... whatever.

What really gets to my nerves is how the torso gets when we are shooting with the dual pistols and also hop back to gain distance from the enemies. The torso gets all twisted and it looks that her boobs gets teleported to her back. This is definitely how NOT it was supposed to be. According to the two long videos shared by the official Tomb Raider channel on Youtube during in the AOD month, she would never do it like that. In fact, she hops back and point the dual pistols perfectly in those videos.

Not only the torso is independent from the lower body, but her arms are also independent from the torso. If you use the dual pistols and keep moving from one side to another, eventually Lara will bug for one milisecond and point each gun to a different side (as we also saw that it was an existing feature in the beta version - shooting two targets at the same time)

I even got to take an screenshot and posted on my twitter.
https://twitter.com/JoachimKareI/sta...93435103580160

@reborninshadows I wonder if that aim system for the dual pistols is still present in the game code, but only messed up as everything else.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote