www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 23-11-22, 12:14   #11
perryloo
Explorer

To try and get back into a crawlspace that refuses you entry.

When climbing into the crawlspace using the up button, and it refuses entry, just drop back down still holding the crawlspace ledge (hanging from the crawlspace ledge) and then try climbing in again and it works the second time.

Think it is just a bug, and prevents entry the first time.
This method works on both original game and most custom games, where this bug is more prevalent in custom games.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-22, 12:40   #12
xtimz
Explorer

^ If it refuses to entry, how could you drop back down?
xtimz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-22, 12:54   #13
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I don't know about this particular problem as being general but there is definitely a problem in All Hallows which sounds similar.

After the long drop into the cathedral and then the drop down to the walkways around the main room there is a monkey swing puzzle across the ceiling above. When everything is set up you monkey swing left and have to drop to a grab-able ledge and pull up underneath the edge of the block above you just dropped from.

It is not really a crawl space and I'm pretty sure LC does not even need to use the crawl command to pull up underneath that edge because there's more clearance than a typical crawl space.

But because of its height LC has to go into the backwards crawl position if you want to get back down. You need to crawl backwards to clear the edge of the block so you can hang drop back down onto the main room walkway. But when you try that again she refuses to crawl back any further as if there is an invisible barrier.

It is solvable if you back out at exactly the right point and angle but finding that is tricky. I think you may need to hold crawl and down at just the right time too but I'm not certain of that.

The place I'm talking about is at about 6'20" in the YT video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOSm9Pz2ax0
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-22, 13:14   #14
xtimz
Explorer

Great! fallenangle's post is the first I can understand. He's talking about the transparent wall bug. It's a common problem in TR3 and TR4. See post #59 here:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...=163683&page=6

Note I just comment on fallenangle's post. I still couldn't understand others' English.
Old 23-11-22, 18:57   #15
perryloo
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
^ If it refuses to entry, how could you drop back down?
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 00:02   #16
Flash112
Hobbyist

Just an update: I fixed the issue!

So, for everyone who's confused: my issue was when you need to back off of a ledge and grab it while crawling, for example, through a small gap, and Lara wasn't doing it despite me holding the action button. For some reason, changing the action button from CTRL to a different key in the User Controls fixed the issue for me. If anyone else is having this problem, that's what fixed it for me and I hope it fixes it for you!
Flash112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 01:09   #17
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I've always thought using the Ctrl or Alt keys in a game for anything which involved using other keys too was a bad idea.

By default Windows has Hot Keys turned on and many of those combos include the use of Ctrl and Alt.

The problem I had with TR's default PC key mapping on PC was side jumping/shooting which on my desktop uses the same key combo for rotating the screen image 90 (Ctrl + Alt + Directional Button). Even when using a controller that is a problem.

The first time that happened mid-game I thought there was something seriously wrong.

Turning off Hot Keys or better, remapping the controls is indeed the solution.

Last edited by fallenangle; 24-11-22 at 13:41.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 08:53   #18
xtimz
Explorer

Finally I understand the problem. It's "out of", not "in to". The transparent wall bug is always related to the second time we pass through something, not the first time.

Last edited by xtimz; 24-11-22 at 08:59.