Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 03-05-19, 16:48   #1
Tombcool

Default Is it too late to change my life around at 28?

Hey y’all,

Ok so the past 5 years of my life have been terrible. I can’t even remember the last time I did art.

However, I plan on returning to school this year and finishing up within next two years. It just feels like I wasted a lot of my life and that it’s too late. A lot of people I grew up with are making a lot of money now, have stable relationships, and literally boast about their perfect lived on social media. When I run into them in person, they rub it in my face too. I have nothing to show for it.

I was and have been going through a lot mental health wise, and it just all seems unfair. I feel jealous sometimes of others.
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 17:05   #2
Fantasy

It’s only too late when you’re dead.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 17:12   #3
Chamayoo

You can change your life at any age. Maybe the latter the most difficult but you have to erase this "I'm too late" thinking from your mind. Sometimes I have the same but I reason myself and say "BS !"
Try to not bother and compare you to your friends, they probably don't care and don't judge you about this anyway. Fortunately life isn't a competition. I'm sure you will find something you will be fierce, maybe the most unexpected one, who knows ?
I wish you all the courage you need !

Last edited by Chamayoo; 03-05-19 at 17:14.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 17:21   #4
larafan25

Lara was 28 in the first Tomb Raider game and she did a lot of stuff afterwards. As long as you don't run into anybody named "Crystal Dynamics" you should be fine.

Anyways, no it's not too late. It's really never too late.

In our minds, everything moves fast. Just check it out, you can live an incredible and cinematic life in your mind's eye within the span of a few minutes. But real life is not moving so fast.

Just remember all of your friends are going to die. Like, they are also going to change careers and get divorces, etc... And they too are endlessly unsatisfied, as we all are. Nothing is ever finished here. But there is always something to quell the restlessness in any moment

There is always another day. There is always another paycheck with which you can create more opportunities. There are lots of options that we probably don't even know about tbh.

Also, don't regret where you were or how you spent your time, because you have gained a lot from those experiences, and who is to say that your friends have gained the same? It's not really comparable anyways. You've got something unique to give.

There is an opportunity to turn what feels like a giant weight upon your shoulders into a realization that there is so much more that you want. It's all entirely possible, so look at that fact rather than the fact it hasn't quite happened yet. It's a new beginning.

You know yourself, that as an artist that you're not going to be stumped by a blank canvas, and that each time you fill a bit of the picture in, it helps the rest come into place. These kinds of things are all the same tbh.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 17:25   #5
Gabi
Super Moderator

It never is too late.
Wishing you strength, success and good luck.
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 17:31   #6
JsotoTRSaga

Great posts everyone, I agree with all of you.

Tombcool , as long as you have life it is never too late... trust me. In fact you are still so young! I studied nursing and several of my classmates during different semesters turned out to be 28+ and I even had a classmate who was 55! he graduated and got his degree and is really happy. Can you imagine that? Well Don't feel bad and instead use all of that energy to achieve what you truly want!

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 03-05-19 at 17:34.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 17:53   #7
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Hey y’all,

I was and have been going through a lot mental health wise, and it just all seems unfair. I feel jealous sometimes of others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabi View Post
It never is too late.
Wishing you strength, success and good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Don't feel bad and instead use all of that energy to achieve what you truly want!
Don’t dwell on the past, but look to the future. Concentrate on school and your goal. Stay positive.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 03-05-19 at 17:55.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 19:39   #8
AlexyLC
Inactive

Yesterday I made a post on the "How are you feeling?" thread that is just about people being pressured by age. (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...4052&page=2281)

It is a hard feeling when you set an achievement in life and set an age to achieve it. I don't think that should stop anyone from doing what they want. You're still young and have plenty of time to work on it! Go ahead and don't waste it! There are people who are older and still aren't happy with their position in life professional-wise.

Good luck!
AlexyLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 22:32   #9
FreakRaider

honestly not having achieved any of the things i want to by like my mid twenties would ruin me, so i'm glad i still got a lot of time until then
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 22:47   #10
Lara's home

We always like to compare ourselves with those who have it better than us, ignoring everyone who is in the same situation or are worse off than. It's never too late to change.

Go for it, and give it your all.
I just saw today an old classmate finish her high school exam at the age of 28.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote