www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 22-05-19, 13:31   #6291
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Message me
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I think you'll have to message him since I don't know if he comes here a lot, and he asked first, at any rate.
He also said not to use PM. You could send him an email via Tomb of Ash: https://www.tomb-of-ash.com/contact/
Old 23-05-19, 19:17   #6292
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I'm shook, I hope something will actually happen and it's not just teasing!!
Did I ever "just tease"? Think by now I should have a reputation that I'm not just teasing.

I've got ghostblade's email addy. But as zebra said do email me and I'll get back to you all in August or so once trdas production calms down.
Old 23-05-19, 20:39   #6293
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Did I ever "just tease"? Think by now I should have a reputation that I'm not just teasing.

I've got ghostblade's email addy. But as zebra said do email me and I'll get back to you all in August or so once trdas production calms down.
Ok I will send an email as soon as possible.

Cheers.
Old 14-08-19, 07:39   #6294
Piega
Archaeologist

Any news on this? I'm curious. This looks very hot but no one seems to remember
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 08:16   #6295
Heartache
Professor

i completely forgot aswell

Last edited by Heartache; 14-08-19 at 09:22.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 13:05   #6296
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piega View Post
Any news on this? I'm curious. This looks very hot but no one seems to remember
Ash said he might be able to start looking into things in August. My guess is that there'll be quite a bit of programming work needed to get what he has into a state where it's easily playable by your average joe Tomb Raider fan. And that work, at the earliest, has only just started now. So yeah, I wouldn't expect news any time soon.
Old 14-08-19, 14:24   #6297
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I'm curious as to how much of the environment work was finished before it was cancelled. The leaked trailer showed off unfinished areas (such as the Sanctuary of the Scion having the TR1 sphinx) but later screenshots showed more progress (the afrementioned sphinx having been replaced by a jackal sphinx). I'm guessing the enemy AI wasn't finished (no sign of any work on the Atlantean enemies, for instance).
Old 14-08-19, 14:39   #6298
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I'm curious as to how much of the environment work was finished before it was cancelled. The leaked trailer showed off unfinished areas (such as the Sanctuary of the Scion having the TR1 sphinx) but later screenshots showed more progress (the afrementioned sphinx having been replaced by a jackal sphinx). I'm guessing the enemy AI wasn't finished (no sign of any work on the Atlantean enemies, for instance).
IIRC, all environments were basically done (bar minor things here and there, maybe) except for Croft Manor and the last level (the bonus ending level that wasn't in TR1). I believe enemies were only implemented in Peru (though their AI presumably wasn't finished, either) and no enemies beyond Greece were modelled and/or animated. I don't know how far along the puzzles and traps were or how many of the cutscenes were "done" (I say "done" because no VO was ever recorded so they would be without sound in any case). The save system wasn't decided on or implemented yet from what I've read, not sure about the secrets system (I don't even know if it would've been the same as in TR1 or different). Obviously, there was no music yet (not sure if the placeholder SFX we hear in the trailers were actually implemented in the game or just added in the trailers via video editing software). AFAIK, we also don't know whether any of the characters besides Lara and Larson had been modelled.
Old 14-08-19, 15:02   #6299
Boobandie
Professor

Pierre, Melissa, and Indiana Jones (from when they pitched a reworked Nazi-Natla's Mines to LucasArts) were modelled.

The Centaur mutant had been modelled and coloured with placeholder shading as well. So the game seems to have been canned when the team were polishing up Greece.

Last edited by Boobandie; 14-08-19 at 15:09.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 15:12   #6300
Zebra
Legend

Oh, didn't know about Pierre (or forgot about him?). I didn't include Melissa cause she's not part of the story but true, she was finished, too.