Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-05-20, 22:06   #31
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I used that one for years but it still uses DOSBOX. Which emulates the game and comes with a lot of crashes. TombATI is the better choice in my opinion because it runs much much more fluid, it's more stable and it's easier to add custom patches to it. No disrespect to Gidierre by any means. He still helped hundreds of us in the long run.
Interesting, I haven’t had any crashes emulating the 3DFX version except in very few specific situations that can easily be avoided.

The barrier to using the ATI version is that it’s incompatible with DOS save games. Also, the ATI version forces me to use 1920x1080 which I actually don’t want.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:03   #32
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
The barrier to using the ATI version is that it’s incompatible with DOS save games. Also, the ATI version forces me to use 1920x1080 which I actually don’t want.
You can change the resolution in one of the .ini files.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:12   #33
ANoDE
Golden

In the patches\tombati.ini choose resolution_override=true and choose 0 for both resolution entries. Doing so will render the game at whatever resolution your desktop has. If you turn off resolution override, or choose a fixed resolution, tombati will internally render the game at the given resolution but scale it up to native desktop resolution if on fullscreen mode. At least that's what I think it does.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 13:47   #34
msulak

Thats not accurate, 7of9. Neither the game nor wrapper render anything "internally". Resolution override is about precision of coordinates passed by the game to ATI API. Coordinates' units are pixels and they are integers, not floats. GlRage wrapper translates them for OpenGL to floats into range 0 to 1 by dividing them by resolution choosed in the game.

Last edited by msulak; 10-05-20 at 13:48. Reason: typo
msulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 18:35   #35
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulak View Post
Thats not accurate, 7of9. Neither the game nor wrapper render anything "internally". Resolution override is about precision of coordinates passed by the game to ATI API. Coordinates' units are pixels and they are integers, not floats. GlRage wrapper translates them for OpenGL to floats into range 0 to 1 by dividing them by resolution choosed in the game.
I stand corrected, then. Thanks for explaining.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 15:15   #36
TombRager

PLEASE someone help me with this the game won't work with this patch it just doesn't runs!

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=224599
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote