www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 01-08-19, 00:50   #81
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
The whole Larson/Pierre thing in this thread made me laugh so hard.

I really liked TRC, the different stories and settings were really interesting to me as a kid too so that's probably why I still think it's a good game even though it's really not all that. But I do still play it every now and then. I wouldn't mind another game where we learn different stories about Lara in a similar way, doesn't have to be a remake. And maybe if she just wasn't presumed dead this time lol.
Yeah I understand. Therefore in a sense, it's always best to use some of those elements as a source of inspiration to a different concept for a new Tomb Raider game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGaming View Post
All they need do is to change the Larson and Pierre thing.
That's absolutely NEVER GONNA HAPPEN to the point it certainly does make a whole lot of sense for them to NEVER BOTHER REMAKING ANYMORE OF THE CLASSIC TOMB RAIDER GAMES ANYMORE as now I'm talking right now as I absolutely deserve to get the highest score for that matter!!

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 01-08-19 at 00:55.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 01:04   #82
JCGaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Yeah I understand. Therefore in a sense, it's always best to use some of those elements as a source of inspiration to a different concept for a new Tomb Raider game.

That's absolutely NEVER GONNA HAPPEN to the point it certainly does make a whole lot of sense for them to NEVER BOTHER REMAKING ANYMORE OF THE CLASSIC TOMB RAIDER GAMES ANYMORE as now I'm talking right now as I absolutely deserve to get the highest score for that matter!!
Well they may never remake it but in the fullness of time you never know but what they did with Anniversary didn't help matters knocking off half the levels and having QTE's I keep getting into trouble for expressing my distaste for that game. Of course I'd like to think with Square on board Cyrstal wouldn't be able to corners. But yeah even if they were going to remake this game they every classic Tomb Raider before it and that would take about 40 years!
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 16:13   #83
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

I honestly think that a Chronicles remake should extend the game's length by possibly adding 1 or 2 more sections entirely.
Old 01-08-19, 18:42   #84
JCGaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I honestly think that a Chronicles remake should extend the game's length by possibly adding 1 or 2 more sections entirely.
Seconded in fact I think they should go nuts have about 10 different stories and 40 levels!
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 20:14   #85
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Seconded in fact I think they should go nuts have about 10 different stories and 40 levels!
I don't see why not tbh, there's so much potential with Chronicles that people don't see.
Old 02-08-19, 05:18   #86
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Well they may never remake it but in the fullness of time you never know but what they did with Anniversary didn't help matters knocking off half the levels and having QTE's I keep getting into trouble for expressing my distaste for that game. Of course I'd like to think with Square on board Cyrstal wouldn't be able to corners. But yeah even if they were going to remake this game they every classic Tomb Raider before it and that would take about 40 years!
This is absolutely NEVER going to happen PERIOD!!
Old 03-08-19, 01:07   #87
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

The only kind of remake the classic games should get is a re-texture of the originals in the high quality Tomb Raider Xtra delivered while leaving everything else untouched.
Old 03-08-19, 02:45   #88
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
The only kind of remake the classic games should get is a re-texture of the originals in the high quality Tomb Raider Xtra delivered while leaving everything else untouched.
I think some fixes to texture cracks, broken geometry, and backdating the earlier games with the tech advancements Chronicles made, (skinned fixed TR4/5 Lara, moving mouths in cutscenes, smooth floating point animation, more responsive Lara controls, etc) would be a great addition to that kind of texture pack.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 05:11   #89
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
The whole Larson/Pierre thing in this thread made me laugh so hard.
but what about a larson x pierre thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I don't see why not tbh, there's so much potential with Chronicles that people don't see.
like canonizing pierre and larson as a couple

Last edited by LateRaider; 03-08-19 at 05:13.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote