www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 18:43   #3871
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider
 
Blackmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the woods at night (female)
Posts: 13,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I'd rather gouge my eyes out than having that overrated game remade in the current universe.


It is my least favourite out of the fab 4 (TR1-4) so I do have a bit of understanding of where you're coming from, but TR5 would be my horror remake.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’d love to see TR2 remade in current graphics. Don’t change much as it was pretty amazing to begin with.
Yeah, I'd rather have TR3 but I wouldn't mind TR2 for the Venice and Maria Dora sections. Those could be amazing if done with current day graphics....

I don't know why the developers don't just dip into some of the old locations for the reboots anyway even if they don't remake the old games.
__________________
The moon rises, the wind changes ●
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:21   #3872
Night Crawler
Professor
 
Night Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In My Tomb
Posts: 3,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’d love to see TR2 remade in current graphics. Don’t change much as it was pretty amazing to begin with.
I always liked the idea of stealth pulling goons off the docks underwater in Venice, SotTR style. It would suit the gameplay so well rather than having them fire at you while you are trying to scramble out of the water onto their platform.
__________________
Gee, it sure is boring around here.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:31   #3873
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 14,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post


It is my least favourite out of the fab 4 (TR1-4) so I do have a bit of understanding of where you're coming from, but TR5 would be my horror remake.


Yeah, I'd rather have TR3 but I wouldn't mind TR2 for the Venice and Maria Dora sections. Those could be amazing if done with current day graphics....

I don't know why the developers don't just dip into some of the old locations for the reboots anyway even if they don't remake the old games.
I think TR3 would look AMAZING on current gen graphics. I would kill to see it.
I want to see what CORE would do with it. As I said in the TR3 section recently, TR3 is where CORE really started to shine with their use of lighting, colors, and darkness. Area 51 and the cyan fluorescent lights, temple ruins has that final room with the bodies that is purple, Aldwych has darkness lit with all sorts of colors. I would love to see their style of colors and lighting in current gen graphics! I’m drooling at how eerie but normal they can make things.
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:39   #3874
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider
 
Blackmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the woods at night (female)
Posts: 13,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I think TR3 would look AMAZING on current gen graphics. I would kill to see it.
I want to see what CORE would do with it. As I said in the TR3 section recently, TR3 is where CORE really started to shine with their use of lighting, colors, and darkness. Area 51 and the cyan fluorescent lights, temple ruins has that final room with the bodies that is purple, Aldwych has darkness lit with all sorts of colors. I would love to see their style of colors and lighting in current gen graphics! I’m drooling at how eerie but normal they can make things.
TR3........

If they're only ever going to remake another TR, then for me, this is the one.

I think Core's main strength's were their imaginative designs and their art direction, espcially considering how limited the computing power was then. It's a testament to their creativity that even now we can imagine those early games with today's graphics and technology and just drool at the thought. These games are 20 - 25 years old and yet still they haven't been forgotten and we just know that updated well they would be amazing to play.
__________________
The moon rises, the wind changes ●
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:48   #3875
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,286
Default

TR3!? If it's as faithful as possible, I can already imagine the trophy list percentage completion:

- Completed Temple Ruins: 8%

__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:38   #3876
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 14,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
TR3........

If they're only ever going to remake another TR, then for me, this is the one.

I think Core's main strength's were their imaginative designs and their art direction, espcially considering how limited the computing power was then. It's a testament to their creativity that even now we can imagine those early games with today's graphics and technology and just drool at the thought. These games are 20 - 25 years old and yet still they haven't been forgotten and we just know that updated well they would be amazing to play.
That’s how my parents and my coworker think of Classic TR. They haven’t played them in years but they remember the really iconic levels or at least the basics of them. Sometimes just moments. It really is a testament like you said!
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:49   #3877
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter
 
Yeauxleaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: England
Posts: 8,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post


It is my least favourite out of the fab 4 (TR1-4) so I do have a bit of understanding of where you're coming from, but TR5 would be my horror remake.


Yeah, I'd rather have TR3 but I wouldn't mind TR2 for the Venice and Maria Dora sections. Those could be amazing if done with current day graphics....

I don't know why the developers don't just dip into some of the old locations for the reboots anyway even if they don't remake the old games.
I'd love all 5 remade, but I honestly think I'd prefer a cartoony art style that just looks more refined and deliberate than the original, rather than photorealistic graphics. Maybe even somewhat realistic but with cel-shaded textures. I think it would help preserve the tone and charm of the classics better, rather than trying to make everything super realistic and ending up with horrible reboot-style remakes

__________________
I'm gonna sing Cher Lloyd by Cher Lloyd
Yeauxleaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:58   #3878
Lord Lulu
Explorer
 
Lord Lulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 815
Default

To many to quote.

I agree that Tomb Raider 3 is better than Tomb Raider 2. Though I would not want a remake, more like a remaster. Though I'm not sure what style of graphics would work. Photo realism would not work in the long term. But cell shading has it's own draw backs.

I would like to see Tomb Raider 1-AOD getting remastered. Though both Chronicles and AOD would need fixing.
__________________
Classic Lara Croft is a Sith Lord. It explains her gravity defying bosom.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:34   #3879
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist
 
SnatchingEdges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1,573
Default

I honestly don't care which style. Give me something nice to look at and a photo mode and I'm sold.
__________________
Look at the edges I snatched today!
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.