www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 18:43   #3871
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I'd rather gouge my eyes out than having that overrated game remade in the current universe.

It is my least favourite out of the fab 4 (TR1-4) so I do have a bit of understanding of where you're coming from, but TR5 would be my horror remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’d love to see TR2 remade in current graphics. Don’t change much as it was pretty amazing to begin with.
Yeah, I'd rather have TR3 but I wouldn't mind TR2 for the Venice and Maria Dora sections. Those could be amazing if done with current day graphics....

I don't know why the developers don't just dip into some of the old locations for the reboots anyway even if they don't remake the old games.
Old Yesterday, 19:21   #3872
Night Crawler
Professor

Quote:
I’d love to see TR2 remade in current graphics. Don’t change much as it was pretty amazing to begin with.
I always liked the idea of stealth pulling goons off the docks underwater in Venice, SotTR style. It would suit the gameplay so well rather than having them fire at you while you are trying to scramble out of the water onto their platform.
Old Yesterday, 19:31   #3873
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post

It is my least favourite out of the fab 4 (TR1-4) so I do have a bit of understanding of where you're coming from, but TR5 would be my horror remake.

Yeah, I'd rather have TR3 but I wouldn't mind TR2 for the Venice and Maria Dora sections. Those could be amazing if done with current day graphics....

I don't know why the developers don't just dip into some of the old locations for the reboots anyway even if they don't remake the old games.
I think TR3 would look AMAZING on current gen graphics. I would kill to see it.
I want to see what CORE would do with it. As I said in the TR3 section recently, TR3 is where CORE really started to shine with their use of lighting, colors, and darkness. Area 51 and the cyan fluorescent lights, temple ruins has that final room with the bodies that is purple, Aldwych has darkness lit with all sorts of colors. I would love to see their style of colors and lighting in current gen graphics! I’m drooling at how eerie but normal they can make things.
Old Yesterday, 19:39   #3874
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I think TR3 would look AMAZING on current gen graphics. I would kill to see it.
I want to see what CORE would do with it. As I said in the TR3 section recently, TR3 is where CORE really started to shine with their use of lighting, colors, and darkness. Area 51 and the cyan fluorescent lights, temple ruins has that final room with the bodies that is purple, Aldwych has darkness lit with all sorts of colors. I would love to see their style of colors and lighting in current gen graphics! I’m drooling at how eerie but normal they can make things.
TR3........

If they're only ever going to remake another TR, then for me, this is the one.

I think Core's main strength's were their imaginative designs and their art direction, espcially considering how limited the computing power was then. It's a testament to their creativity that even now we can imagine those early games with today's graphics and technology and just drool at the thought. These games are 20 - 25 years old and yet still they haven't been forgotten and we just know that updated well they would be amazing to play.
Old Yesterday, 19:48   #3875
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

TR3!? If it's as faithful as possible, I can already imagine the trophy list percentage completion:

- Completed Temple Ruins: 8%

Old Yesterday, 20:38   #3876
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
TR3........

If they're only ever going to remake another TR, then for me, this is the one.

I think Core's main strength's were their imaginative designs and their art direction, espcially considering how limited the computing power was then. It's a testament to their creativity that even now we can imagine those early games with today's graphics and technology and just drool at the thought. These games are 20 - 25 years old and yet still they haven't been forgotten and we just know that updated well they would be amazing to play.
That’s how my parents and my coworker think of Classic TR. They haven’t played them in years but they remember the really iconic levels or at least the basics of them. Sometimes just moments. It really is a testament like you said!
Old Yesterday, 23:49   #3877
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:

I'd love all 5 remade, but I honestly think I'd prefer a cartoony art style that just looks more refined and deliberate than the original, rather than photorealistic graphics. Maybe even somewhat realistic but with cel-shaded textures. I think it would help preserve the tone and charm of the classics better, rather than trying to make everything super realistic and ending up with horrible reboot-style remakes

Old Yesterday, 23:58   #3878
Lord Lulu
Explorer

To many to quote.

I agree that Tomb Raider 3 is better than Tomb Raider 2. Though I would not want a remake, more like a remaster. Though I'm not sure what style of graphics would work. Photo realism would not work in the long term. But cell shading has it's own draw backs.

I would like to see Tomb Raider 1-AOD getting remastered. Though both Chronicles and AOD would need fixing.
Old Today, 00:34   #3879
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

I honestly don't care which style. Give me something nice to look at and a photo mode and I'm sold.