Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 07-11-15, 11:25   #221
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
I use photoshop, though I have to admit that I'm not great at drawing but I can do touch ups whenever necessary, and I'll probably have enough time in the next 2 months to look through texture libraries.
Check your Inbox!
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-15, 01:23   #222
JayB_1988

Hello everyone I hope you can help me. I bought the Angel of Darkness from steam today. Now I downloaded the fixed controls. Where do I have to extract the file? Which folder? And after I did this... I want to install the HD textures from TRJTA. I even tried to do it but when I wanted to load the game... the screen was still black and a message appeared that I had to insert Disk 1?! what did I do wrong? I had to deinstall the whole game and download it again from steam which cost me a lot of time...
JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-15, 04:59   #223
LateRaider
Inactive

Can't help you with the HD textures, but as for the updated controls:

1. Copy or cut TRAOD_P4.EXE from the .ZIP file contained within sasho648's patch folder.

1. Locate your main Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness installation folder.

2. Locate the bin folder in your Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness installation folder.

3. Paste TRAOD_P4.EXE into Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness' bin folder.

4. When you're asked if you want to overwrite the original file, say "Yes."

(Thanks to ajrich17901 for these instructions.)
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-15, 14:24   #224
JayB_1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Can't help you with the HD textures, but as for the updated controls:

1. Copy or cut TRAOD_P4.EXE from the .ZIP file contained within sasho648's patch folder.

1. Locate your main Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness installation folder.

2. Locate the bin folder in your Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness installation folder.

3. Paste TRAOD_P4.EXE into Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness' bin folder.

4. When you're asked if you want to overwrite the original file, say "Yes."

(Thanks to ajrich17901 for these instructions.)

Thanks for your help It worked!
JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-15, 13:42   #225
red_lion

I'm not much into the modding. I tried.

But after seeking so much pictures I wonder: does AOD have a single database system to store all the images and sounds? Because if you check the extracted images some files are in all levels the same. Plus some enemies are in Paris1, Paris5 and in prague.
I had modded Wolfenstein3d game in the past. This have a database which all the images, sounds and sprites are stored. Wolfenstein3d is a really old game and not to be compared with AOD. I'm just asking.

Also I made in the past a list of animations of lara and some friends (dog, raven etc.), does anybody want to have it? Is it usefull? I made it with version 39 of AOD and with PizzaDox. Just let me know.

Also (last one ). I want to create a project to analyse the sound files. The sound files have a number all I want to do is to make a database of the file numbers and what it is. With as result to seek for files which are not used in the game. Please tell me somebody didn't do this already...

@Nakamichi680 I have some map files.
a) what are they?
b) which program can the files be opened?

Last edited by red_lion; 27-11-15 at 13:54.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-15, 15:08   #226
SLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
But after seeking so much pictures I wonder: does AOD have a single database system to store all the images and sounds? Because if you check the extracted images some files are in all levels the same.
Core just liked to reuse the same textures over and over. You'll even find the same texture repeated many times in a single level file due to having the map split into many chunks. If the game had a database for textures and sounds the game size will drop significantly.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-15, 15:36   #227
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
I'm not much into the modding. I tried.

But after seeking so much pictures I wonder: does AOD have a single database system to store all the images and sounds? Because if you check the extracted images some files are in all levels the same. Plus some enemies are in Paris1, Paris5 and in prague.
I had modded Wolfenstein3d game in the past. This have a database which all the images, sounds and sprites are stored. Wolfenstein3d is a really old game and not to be compared with AOD. I'm just asking.

Also I made in the past a list of animations of lara and some friends (dog, raven etc.), does anybody want to have it? Is it usefull? I made it with version 39 of AOD and with PizzaDox. Just let me know.

Also (last one ). I want to create a project to analyse the sound files. The sound files have a number all I want to do is to make a database of the file numbers and what it is. With as result to seek for files which are not used in the game. Please tell me somebody didn't do this already...

@Nakamichi680 I have some map files.
a) what are they?
b) which program can the files be opened?
Each level has two files. Let's use Louvre Galleries as an example:
1) Paris4.AWD
2) Paris4.GMX
Paris4.AWD contains audio tracks (music, noises, dialogues, everything regarding audio), stored in an unknown ADPCM codec.
Paris4.gmx contains:
- .ani files (animations)
- .chr files (geometry and textures of each character used in the level. Each character has its own chr file)
- .col files (collisions, where Lara should walk, fall, hit a wall, swim and so on)
- .map files (geometry and textures of each part of the level. Louvre galleries has 5 parts so it has 5 map files. As Slayer said, there are many redundancies because there's not a texture database, each part of the level has its textures. The main disadvantage of this behaviour is that it's a waste of space. I think they made the game in this way because it takes less time for PS2 to load sequential texture datas than reading each texture separately from a database (the laser has to jump from a portion of the disk to another one and it takes more time). For the same reason there are tons of redundancies in audio tracks too).
- .mphb, .node and other files. Probably used for triggering events like audio tracks, subtitles, power ups or other unknown uses.

In PS2 version, audio tracks are stored in GMX files and there's no way to extract them as far. You can obtain the ps2 awd file with gmxtool but audio is stored in a different format so awd2wav doesn't work for them.

Regarding .map files, you can open them with texturefinder 2.0 and see textures inside them.
Old 22-12-15, 02:49   #228
Elize Stars

Excuse me if i may be necro posting but i'm sure nobody will answer in my other post.... whenever i open the SLTRAOD loader i get the following message. "The program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix ths problem." I'm pretty sure this is how its supposed to be since i've downloaded it like 3 times.... any solution?
Elize Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-15, 03:09   #229
Laras Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elize Stars View Post
Excuse me if i may be necro posting but i'm sure nobody will answer in my other post.... whenever i open the SLTRAOD loader i get the following message. "The program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix ths problem." I'm pretty sure this is how its supposed to be since i've downloaded it like 3 times.... any solution?
Try this first:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...aspx%3Fid=7030

Last edited by Laras Dream; 22-12-15 at 03:10.
Laras Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-16, 23:36   #230
nakamichi680

I'm exploring char files. I'm trying to understand how meshes are stored in order to extract them.

http://i.imgur.com/RxgEPDW.jpg

This is from paris5. It is the mesh of the bats that hurt Lara at the beginning of the level.
I'm trying to find some xyz coordinates but this is really strange because there are so many identical strings of bytes and I don't understand the reason.

Feel free to share your thoughts about that screenshot.

update

Extracting Lara model...

Bone structure: done!

Fish from paris5_2 mesh:

http://i.imgur.com/Gmqb8ZF.jpg

I have to make some corrections to the first picture of this post.
I am almost convinced that UV mapping is inside each row and the part I previously thought was UV mapping should be something describing poligons. So uv mapping coordinates are inside the same row of the respective vertex.

Last edited by nakamichi680; 03-02-16 at 18:49.