Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 15-12-21, 16:26   #19101
Rai

Any hint of progress, any at all? Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but it's December surely there'd be news if filming is due in 2022?
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 16:58   #19102
GeekOfComedy

The industry shuts down for Christmas so definitely expect nothing for now. No one books meetings etc happy holidays everyone
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 17:10   #19103
Portugalraider

TR2018 did had some news in early December 2016, I think the confirmation of Walter Goggins as Mathias and that shooting would be held on South Africa. Though there was a big increase in news in January 2017 right before shooting started.

But still, it really is starting to feel like we should forget about any movie coming any time soon now... Oh well, if it does end up like that, if was fun yet stressful ride
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 17:16   #19104
Tonyrobinson

The Q3 investor call still listed Tomb Raider as an upcoming project that was in November time so that's about it I think. Its unfortunately been languishing in development hell for a while.

I think it is worth noting though that Roar Uthaug announced to direct in June 2015 and the filming didn't start until January 2017, seventeen months later so we are only partially through that sort of time period if they're following a similar path, if Misha joined in January/February perhaps they won't film until later in 2022.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 15-12-21 at 17:17.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 19:22   #19105
Portugalraider

As a curiosity, Tasha Huo, the head writer and producer of the Tomb Raider anime, has said in a recent episode of her podcast that she also pitched for the hopefully upcoming movie. Not sure if it was for the 2021 or the 202? version of it, but it is interesting that she still ended up working on Tomb Raider regardless
Old 15-12-21, 19:43   #19106
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
The Q3 investor call still listed Tomb Raider as an upcoming project that was in November time so that's about it I think. Its unfortunately been languishing in development hell for a while.

I think it is worth noting though that Roar Uthaug announced to direct in June 2015 and the filming didn't start until January 2017, seventeen months later so we are only partially through that sort of time period if they're following a similar path, if Misha joined in January/February perhaps they won't film until later in 2022.
It's not development hell at all, Uncharted upcoming movie is a development hell with seven directors and nine screenwriters for exemple.

Tomb Raider 2 just have a shift in direction by changing everything to be maybe more light hearted than super grimmy and serious.

Tasha pitched for the 2018 movie

Little news about the upcoming Jolie movie video I'm trying really hard to schedule everything for the end of december but those last months have been really difficult for me because I have lost some motivations.

Thankfully showing everything to the peoples I care did help me to get back on tracks to finish this properly.

Last edited by Ellioft; 15-12-21 at 22:58.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 20:04   #19107
Rai

Yeah, I wouldn't describe the film in development hell. It was on track until the pandemic hit and we've had a change of director and writer. The reason I'm worried now is because it's been so quiet since Misha wrote her first draft. It's not so much in development hell as development quiet place.
Old 20-12-21, 12:49   #19108
PinkyPromise

To british people, TR is the best gaming film adaptation:

https://www.cbr.com/tomb-raider-is-t...-survey-finds/

Its nice!
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 13:26   #19109
Portugalraider

Just saw that. Not that are that it is a very hard list to top, but then again, I do think we are finally starting to get some quality videogame movies, and it is great to see Tomb Raider get two of the top three places (The first Angelina Jolie movie was rated 3rd in UK preference).

Now, you know how it would be a great way to celebrate that? If MGM greenlitted the sequel already...
Old 20-12-21, 17:17   #19110
Rai

Quick someone pass this on to MGM socials, so they can see a sequel is the way to go!