Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 04-10-19, 14:31   #14891
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Still seems a little early in the game to announce a composer but I guess it's maybe just giving Ben free reign to bring his team on board and make a high budget Wheatley film. They might aswell get experimental with it there's nothing to lose really.
What I mostly find interesting is that all these names, besides Ben and Amy, come from people that, while having collaborated with Ben at least once, are also people with experience with big productions. It tells me that Ben knows that, even if he prefers to work with people he is already familiarized, he will also be better working with people with experience in these sorts of productions.

But you are right, it does seem a bit early for a composer to be already involved. But let's see if all this ends up being true, or if it ends up changing.

Edit: hmm... Paki Smith no longer appears as the set decorator. I wonder if Tonyrobinson is really right and someone is pulling our leg here...

Last edited by Portugalraider; 04-10-19 at 16:08.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 17:00   #14892
TrustyBow

Mansell seems like a pretty good choice. He scored the San Junierpo episode of Black Mirror, which had a great use of music.

Definitely gonna miss Junkie. His soundtrack had an almost trance like sound that I loved.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 18:58   #14893
PinkyPromise

Today I has seen "Hellboy reboot" and OMG the movie is horrible! Then I have seen who the director was and it has been worse. How the director of "the descent" done something so bad? He had a lot of talent!

This made me think that although Ben is a talented director, nothing is certain in the world of cinema!
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 19:15   #14894
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Today I has seen "Hellboy reboot" and OMG the movie is horrible! Then I have seen who the director was and it has been worse. How the director of "the descent" done something so bad? He had a lot of talent!

This made me think that although Ben is a talented director, nothing is certain in the world of cinema!
Apparently that movie had a lot of executive meddling. Which, it's always possible that that could happen with this movie, God forbid.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 19:35   #14895
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Apparently that movie had a lot of executive meddling. Which, it's always possible that that could happen with this movie, God forbid.
The producers are Lawrence Gordon and Loyd Levin the same from the Lara Croft : Tomb Raider Movies.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 20:01   #14896
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I don't think so, I think that's just what that level of talent handed in.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 20:08   #14897
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I don't think so, I think that's just what that level of talent handed in.
There was problems on set between the director and the producers about the direction also one of the actors quit the shooting.

But Graham have fighted against the studio executives who wanted supernatural on the movie.

Last edited by Ellioft; 04-10-19 at 20:09.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 21:33   #14898
Portugalraider

Creative "indie" minds and executive meddling never go well together, and unfortunately it is always the promising director that gets it worse.

Say about what you want about Marvel, which definitely micromanages to a fault, but besides Age of Ultron, when they hire a particular director for their creative vision, they usually also respect said creative vision.

Hopefully the same will happen with the executives from MGM, WB and GK Films, and Ben.
Old 05-10-19, 22:13   #14899
Soma Holiday

I feel like this coming out the same month as Mortal Kombat isn't good. That's 2 video game movies from the same era. People may get fatigued of choose Mortal Kombat because it hasn't had a movie in many years whereas Tomb Raider has.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 22:36   #14900
Portugalraider

Honestly, I don't think Mortal Kombat will be that much of a threat. First, it will be R-rated, when Tomb Raider might still be PG-13 (personally, I don't really think it needs to be R-rated, but wouldn't mind it either), and Tomb Raider (or more specifically, Lara Croft) has a much bigger general public presence than Mortal Kombat has.

Besides, and this might be my Tomb-raider-fan and Mortal-Kombat-Indifferent sides talking, I think that movie will be almost dead on arrival: all that is really be talking about is that is R-rated and will have fatalities, which is great for staying on brand and all, but it is far from enough to make it both a good and successful Mortal Kombat movie.