Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 20-01-23, 05:00   #11
A_De

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Things are no longer like 10 years ago when it seemed that youth was eternal, but I always make the time to appear and if I have something new to contribute to the community, I will be here.
The same is for me.

1. I still run a small TR-related community, that's why I come here to check new custom levels or TEN/TED updates.

2. As said before, I check for news but don't have that much time to post anything. Still working at TRNG project though.

3. I probably won't even touch any editors after finishing current project (Time of Shadows). TEN/TED are great things, but real life is more important to me now.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 06:44   #12
Kapu

Hello, I am still here at the time of writing!

I have general knowledge when it comes to building, but these days I am far more involved in 3D modeling, particularly making outfits. I really really enjoy helping people with questions related to object and outfit making and am always glad to look into issues someone is having, or just offer general tips and how-tos.

I grew up with WadMerger, Strpix and Metaseqouia, and I feel very proficient with all three of those tools. I have also learned quite a bit about WadTool and how to use its mesh editor. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have questions about any of those things in respect to outfit or object making! I truly love helping people make their creations work.

I’ve developed a base model for creating outfits with and am writing thorough documentation on how to use it, in addition to a general overview of how the LARA_SKIN and SKIN_JOINTS objects work. I really hope it will be useful to anyone who wants to try their hand at making outfits. When I was a kid I didn’t think I’d ever be able to make an outfit, it seemed far too complex. The reality is that it’s not too hard to learn, but the resources I used were scattered across many places, so I’d like to put everything I know in one interactive document for others to learn from.

I still check TRF at least once a week, so if you reach out and I don’t answer right away, please don’t worry! I will get back to you when I’m online and have time to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Things are no longer like 10 years ago when it seemed that youth was eternal, but I always make the time to appear and if I have something new to contribute to the community, I will be here.
Gosh, ain’t that the truth? I swear the days were longer back then.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 08:18   #13
Mahetus

When it comes to me. I only lurk here (therefore my signature huehue) and from time to time post updates about my projects.

I'm mainly active on discord and people usually contact with me there, not on forums. It doesn't mean that I won't respond to any DM or post. I will when it will be needed but still I prefer discord over forums, as Sabatu mentioned. "Forums seem to be quieter these days"
But if anyone would need help on TR1-2-3 engines, I am always willing to help, of course even after years of building, I'm still learning something new about these engines xD

Regarding my projects, I'm still working on the second part of Mystic Artefact, slowly but trying to make progress when it is possible, I am actually preparing to post a little update, as a few changes happened
I have also side project on TR1 engine but the progress is very slow as well. Mostly caused by work/private life, mental health and also my "lovely" perfectionism.

Nevertheless, I'm still alive but mostly lurking here.
Mahetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 12:21   #14
klona
Golden

I'm not active on the forums as much as before, but I am still active whenever I can in many other platforms. Although currently I am taking a short break from TRLE+community after working on my now-released project for years.

My focus right now is maintaining a platform for the community (trcustoms.org), but this doesn't mean I'm not going to build anymore!

I have two projects that are still in early planning phase. Unfortunately, it's likely that they won't be seen till the end of the decade. I am also still deciding if they should be TRNG or TEN projects. There are lots of skills that I need to pick up, and real life isn't gonna make this easy.

More or less, I still do check the forums frequently. Mainly the TRLE section.

Last edited by klona; 20-01-23 at 17:02.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 15:56   #15
Richard_trle

I think the pandemics is a thing that allowed our creativity and thought process to flow easily. Since the pandemics has subdued a lot of us has real life issues to attend and tender to.

I'm more engaged toward business stuff, but

1. I'm a lurker, I visit TRF in a daily basis, but whenever I see something that needs attention or help I'll be readily available to help, so whenever someone needs help please bring it to my attention,

2. I am finishing the remake of The Lost Temple of Atlantis, I stuck in a bit because of a cutscene, but it is almost finished, I never had too much practice with doing cutscenes so it was rough for me and I didn't even use cutscene.pak. I'm also responsible for managing a Brazilian TRLE This Cord server and while it gained some traction, now it is "dead", I tried to recruit some old and new people, but trle ain't the same.

3. l plan on starting the CCC project soon and that is it for me. I have a lot of ideas what I'm going to do with it, but I'll trim down just to have it round and polished.

If anyone needs any help feel free to PM me. I will try to respond it almost as soon as the notification pops out.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-23, 12:18   #16
Joey79100

1. I used to come here pretty often and still come see the updates regularly in this section, but I pretty much moved to Discord when it comes to chatting.
But even that I try to avoid because I have a bad tendency to keep my nose on my phone for way too long and not get things done, so I'm mostly a lurker nowadays generally speaking.
Also nowadays I have another "big" hobby which is not virtual-life related, so add that + work and that leaves much less time for TRLE.

-------------------------------------

2. I have 2 TRLE "projects":

2.1. One is pretty well known, it's the AOD animations (by the way I'd remind to people: do not take animations from the TDR repo, they're horribly outdated, take them from this link instead if you want to use them).
It's been on hold for a while simply because my 3DS Max license expired, and I haven't found an alternative yet (there's Blender but I need to learn it and I'm not really motivated for that to be honest), but I don't consider it abandoned yet, I still want to work on it in the future. Also, I'm in the middle of porting them to TEN, which will be my only focus now, but it's work in progress.

2.2 The other one is not something I really advertised, and I don't want to because I don't want to commit to it (I tried in the past, and it's just self-imposed pressure that I don't like): I'm remaking a Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine level in TEN, Shambala's Sanctuary, and I want it to be a HD version with Lara basically.
It's also purely for fun and I'm not saying it will ever be finished. My interest is mostly the scripting part right now, but I also worked on the general geometry, lighting / atmosphere, and the biggest part now would be the actual modelling and texturing. Plus scripting (or programming) the boss!

3. Following with the previous part: I hope I can salvage some things done for the remake project, and turn them into reusable Lua modules that I can release.
Also, hopefully this project will be my opportunity to really learn 3D modelling in Blender, which in turn can motivate me to actually learn animating in Blender as well.
If I decide to stop working on it, all resources will be public. Well, if I don't make it public even before, which I'm considering.
The idea of hosting your project on Github makes it very easy to do so: it makes it possible, if I want to, to just not work on a project anymore and still have everything available for anyone at any time, and still keep the possibility to resume later if I want to. Which is much less pressure than making announcements that you started a project, then you abandoned your baby and you're releasing assets. Because in any case, I do want to share what I make, and I feel this workflow is the way that sits just right with me.

Other than that, I don't actually have any future plan, only time will tell what happens. Or if I had one, it would just be: keep doing what I enjoy doing without putting any pressure onto myself, because it's a hobby and I just want the fun part of it.

And since I saw this mentioned in this thread: please do hold yourself from DMing me for help. Even if it's about something I've done. I have zero issue with you asking me for help, I'd be happy to do so, but I'd rather have you ask me publicly (here or on Discord) where anyone else can either help or benefit from it, rather than being the only recipient of your request and you being the only recipient of the answer.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-23, 16:24   #17
BlackWolftr

I'm mostly active on discord rather than on forums but I always lurk here and see what is happening.

I'm currently working on the only project I have, that is my TR1 ItRoED (Into the Realm of Eternal Darkness). I work very slowly on this. I don't build anymore in the same pace as I used before, mainly because now I'm trying to focus more on the real life. For now I just plan to finish my only project, don't know when it will happen and I don't specify any deadlines anymore because I'm not even sure when I will be close to the end.

Although I have lots of plans and ideas for levels/levelsets I don't know if I will continue building after the release of ItRoED. Mainly because, as I said I want to focus more on the real life. But oh well, whatever will be, will be.

Last edited by BlackWolftr; 21-01-23 at 16:26.
BlackWolftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-23, 17:00   #18
AgentXP

I'm still here, (more here than on discord tbh) although I am more of a browser than a poster generally. My main posts these days are to link to my Twitch streams, and I show most of my content on there. I still really appreciate the forums though.
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-23, 01:24   #19
Topixtor

1. Been mostly a lurker forever, be it in real life or in the forums
However I always try to help with the (little) knowledge I can give. I may be more active here than on Discord, but I will answer regardless.
When it comes to Dxtre3d and classic engines, mostly TR2, I usually remember every small bit of information and edge-case I ever knew, if only that worked with university... speaking of which, real life is a pain recently:

2. It's meme-material at this point when I speak about TRLE related projects, but I still don't consider them cancelled. I just have too many other things to care about, and it never ends my God, so energy is also pretty much always low and I rarely play Customs aswell. Anyway, nowdays I keep helping the community mostly with the TR randomizer project or betatesting, and I recently got back to voicing characters so if anyone needs anything (maybe a real Italian guy for TR2 related stuff? lol) drop a message

3. The levels I started for the 2019 CaC are in "advanced developement", with one close to finished and the other, shorter one not so much. I also have other projects, one of which is on-par with the first one but needs 2 more levels. I can't bring myself to finish them... and being a "perfectionist" doesn't really help there I would REALLY like to learn Tomb Editor: I started watching tutorials while re-doing the few rooms I had on an old dxtre3d project, and the results were pretty good! Unfortunately I had no time and will (again) and now I forgot most of it already... sigh. Also I don't think I can reliably port my old projects to TE so I will still need to stick to dxtre3d for a bit Thank God projects like Tomb1main and ad-hoc tools like Daroraider's help alleviate the bugs and problems of that old editor!
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-23, 09:40   #20
Matie

I'm mostly a lurker now and rarely sit down to build, due to life (having a job where you sit at your PC for hours on end makes you want to do something else when you're finished), having other hobbies, and also having a lot of creative blocks lately.

Plus it's a LOT quicker and easier to share content on more modern platforms, so most people have moved on by now.

I like to help people where I can, but my knowledge fades as I take months of breaks from TRLE. I've been working on my Mexico project, which is now on hold, and started making progress with the remains of a Greek level. As far as future plans go, I intend to finish these if I can, and I'll have to see if I can get the inspiration to build anything else after (or in-between).
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote