Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 16-08-10, 12:31   #5011
Seth94

I think if you change the size or rotation of the small medipack's animation 0, it will have an affect on the item in the inventory.

Last edited by Seth94; 16-08-10 at 12:36.
Seth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 12:46   #5012
99 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth94 View Post
I think if you change the size or rotation of the small medipack's animation 0, it will have an affect on the item in the inventory.
Maybe, but I think it's hardcoded that the medipack mesh will be rotated about 135 degrees in the inventory. and with me making a heart there's no way to disguise it =/ As a pick-up it is positioned normally, but when it's in the inventory it's practically laid down =/
99 Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 12:48   #5013
TR-Freak
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth94 View Post
of course not.

If using TRNG you can put it into a Pickup_Objects - Slot.
Which you can customize with size and rotation.
You can also script is as a new medipack.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 12:49   #5014
Seth94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Times View Post
Maybe, but I think it's hardcoded that the medipack mesh will be rotated about 135 degrees in the inventory. and with me making a heart there's no way to disguise it =/ As a pick-up it is positioned normally, but when it's in the inventory it's practically laid down =/
I think the only way to sort that would be to position the animation 0 of the heart object upright. But then the position of the object would look unrealistic in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
of course not.

If using TRNG you can put it into a Pickup_Objects - Slot.
Which you can customize with size and rotation.
You can also script is as a new medipack.
Well, it worked for me when rotating the TR3 MP5 in the inventory.

Last edited by Seth94; 16-08-10 at 12:52.
Seth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 13:30   #5015
Underhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
What graphics card was your previous laptop and what is in your current laptop?
To check it, do as aktrekker said. The Display tab in DXDiag has info on what card/chip you have.

Seems like NVidia cards together with Vista or Windows 7 cause problems with TRLE and companion tools...
That's just great...I don't know what to do...maybe I will try to retexture the objects in my father's laptop.
Underhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 14:17   #5016
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider1703 View Post
Is it right that the objects that are moving along the railtrack are floating over the ground?
The "mountains" on the sides are the tr4 ones retextured.
Looks like the objects are simply placed too high. Not in the level, but in their XYZ zone or whatever you can call that... open them in WadMerger and check them using Animation Editor to see if they're hovering above the grid. You can try placing them in the level in the editor and zooming in very close to see if they hover when placed and lowered to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
That's just great...I don't know what to do...maybe I will try to retexture the objects in my father's laptop.
Well I don't know that for sure yet. I might be getting an ATI card to test this specific issue... if it's a hardware problem indeed, then I guess the only way out is using different hardware altogether.

See if the program works fine on other computers with different graphic cards or operating systems, if you can do that.

Last edited by Dustie; 16-08-10 at 14:19.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 14:25   #5017
Ward Dragon
Golden

How do I tell which line to change in the English.txt to rename an inventory item? I did it before with much trial and error but now I can't get it working again for two new puzzle items I'm using TRNG if that makes a difference. One item is labeled "load" and the other is labeled "Ba Cartouche" even though it's not (I've already written over the "Ba Cartouche" entry of the English.txt with the proper name of the item but it didn't take effect in the game). I also added lines to the Script for the two puzzle items I'm trying to rename.

Last edited by Ward Dragon; 16-08-10 at 14:26.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 14:30   #5018
tombraider1703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
How do I tell which line to change in the English.txt to rename an inventory item? I did it before with much trial and error but now I can't get it working again for two new puzzle items I'm using TRNG if that makes a difference. One item is labeled "load" and the other is labeled "Ba Cartouche" even though it's not (I've already written over the "Ba Cartouche" entry of the English.txt with the proper name of the item but it didn't take effect in the game). I also added lines to the Script for the two puzzle items I'm trying to rename.
If you're using TRNG you should use the NG_center to edit the strings
tombraider1703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 14:36   #5019
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider1703 View Post
If you're using TRNG you should use the NG_center to edit the strings
I have been, but I can't figure out which lines I have to change
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 14:42   #5020
Dustie

As far as I can recall it doesn't matter which entries do you edit, it matters to have the entries there... while you can't change the amount of lines in english.txt, because the rest of the lines will 'move', you have to replace existing entries.

Other than that, you assign the names for items by referring to their object name (Key_item1, key_hole2, etc.) in the script.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote